giglets

Courtroom Murder
BBC news story re murder of girl wearing hijab

Tragic killing of girl wearing headscarf in German court, by racist thug!

As opposed to the earlier, informed and balanced Forum discussion on this subject, this is the brutal and unthinking reponse of a vicious, racist moron, who should be punished to the absolute maximum that German Law allows!!

Dave

Guz1

Courtroom Murder
Extraordinary that he could bring a knife into court and that he managed to stab the poor woman 18 times. She was pregnant too, so two lives lost. Barbaric. What kind of mind is capable of such hatred?

Guz1

Courtroom Murder
I'm no fan of the hijab but I'd like to think that the vast majority of Germans are appalled by this. Maybe they should show their disgust by choosing a day when all women in Germany would wear the hijab as a mark of respect for the victim.

giglets

Courtroom Murder
I am sure that the vast majority of the German people will be as appalled and disgusted by this as we are.
I can only assume that, due to the fact that it was a "lower" court, security precautions were sparse and that the court officers and police who were present were totally unprepared for this brutal assault and took some moments to react and take some action. It is ironic that the court could not protect this wholly innocent girl, when she was actually physically present, but will shortly ensure that the perpetrator receives his full measure of "human rights" when he re-appears for trial!

Guz1

Courtroom Murder
And so he should. Their failure to protect the victim shouldn't affect his right to due process. The justice system has to been seen to be impartial and it can't be impartial if the courts have some kind of hierarchy of defendants, e.g. we'll protect this defendant because he might be innocent but we'll let the other take his chances because we know how guilty he is.

Not much consolation for the victim's family but I expect the Germans will review their security system in the lower courts. Maybe they need to review what kind of society produced a young man capable of such evil.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom