Court hearing on police dog deaths
i cant bear thinking of what those poor dogs went through..he should be given a custodial sentence..i doubt he will get one but he should lose his job and be disbarred from keeping animals ever again.

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Totally irresponsible and stupid he may have been, but it was certainly not intentional. I bet he is still having nightmares over the whole episode.

Compare that to the people over here who regulrly butcher puppies, cutting off ears and tails using scissors, a knife or even a door jamb - all without anaesthetic. Plus of course the many, many dog fighting groups - they are the ones to my mind who deserve a custodial sentence! I bet they don't even bat an eyelid over this horrendous cruelty, let alone losing a wink of sleep.

cvcegdge

|I have to agree i think a custodial sentence would be too severe. It was stupid and careless, but not deliberate..

theres a case going on at the moment in the UK about a woman and others who held regular dog fights between pit bull terriers.
as far as cruelty goes in Turkey ..sadly İ think it goes on everywhere and any act is to be condemned..not compared.

jimskem

The police officer in question has today been found guilty.
He was given a 6 month conditional discharge, and told to pay costs of £2,500
District Judge Tim Devas launched a scathing attack against Nottinghamshire
Police.
It was accepted by the court that at the time of this tragic incident, the
police office involved was suffering from depression.
The police force was criticised by the Judge for not supporting this officer.
Good for you, Judge Tim Devas.
I hoped he would have seen fit to ask who thought it right and proper to release the name of this Policeman within 48 hours of this tragic incident.
This man was totally dedicated to his dogs, no question about it.
This is why, on this occasion, i truly believe he was suffering from depression.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
it beggars belief that todays police had an officer on duty in charge of two dogs who was suffering from depression.

Sorry im a cynical sod, I think itwas an excuse to get a lighter sentence. Dog handlers have to be pyshically and mentally fit to be able to do their job.

pldouglas

I hope this is relevant to this thread - we recently spent ages deciding which new car to buy that would be most accessable to our very elderly dog and chose a Berlingo for the roomy back bit and very low bumper so her dog ramp goes at a nice shallow angle. The one thing we didn't think about (probably because there was a foot of snow on the ground at the time) was that the rear windows in this Berlingo only pop out about 1 inch, they don't wind down, which means air is going to be restricted to the back in warmer weather.
Okay it is very unlikley Jodie would ever be left in the car for longer than me popping into the local shop for a pint of milk (about 2 minutes) and we have solved the problem by folding down the back seats so she can now lean over my shoulder to my front unwound window, but it is something to consider when you are choosing a new car.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
If the car has A/C and you can fix an automatic car starter to the vehicle you can actually have the car running with the A/C on and no keys in the ignition. Better quality starters have a key fob that shows you if the car is indeed running.

Bob

Tonyj

just proves how corupt the whole lot of these so called police are.there a state within a state,over paid sem skilled crooks and spive ,disband the lot there certainly have no mandate from the majority English people

Dogboy

Dogboy
just proves how corupt the whole lot of these so called police are.there a state within a state,over paid sem skilled crooks and spive ,disband the lot there certainly have no mandate from the majority English people

Although I don't work with the subject of this thread, I have met him on a number of occassions at Police dog trials. Like all the handlers from Nottingham I have met, he was a dedicated bloke who made a horrendous error that day and will have to live with it for the rest of his life.
The bond between him and his working dog was such that in 2008, he achieved third place in the National Police Dog Trials. In terms of putting that into perspective, they were the third best operational dog team in the UK.
To reach that standard, they would have had to collectively worked their butts off for years in all winds and weathers, day and night, putting themselves on offer from some of the vilest people alive on this earth.
Whilst the sentence handed out by the court might seem to some as being unduly lenient, I would suggest he started his sentence the minute he found those two poor dogs dead and will complete it long after real murderers are released from theirs.
Your assertion that all Police are corrupt, (Note spelling) over paid, semi (Note spelling) skilled crooks, spive (Spelling and grammar) with no mandate from the majority of English people is somewhat disturbing . I suggest you seek professional help.
Remember People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Pity the poor animals, surely an re education programme should fit in there somewhere, as well as a ban on keeping or working with dogs. I would hope that the latter would concentrate the minds of his colleagues and his employers.

Steve.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom