Struggs

Recycled Teenager
Couple of Computer niggles
I downloaded a game, and have got to level 145 but can't finish this as I keep getting 'A script in this movie is causing Macromedia Flash Player 7 to run slowly'. Rather annoying as there are only 5 levels left to complete the game.

I am also having problems turning off my computer, 99% of the time I get the end programme - auto complete box appear and have to click end now, this has to be done at least twice before it will turn off.

Is there any fix for these problems?

ted j

Try doing a system restore to before you installed the game see if your comp works ok then if it does don't download the game again

nwclio

Sounds to me like you need to update to flashplayer 9 as thats the latest edition and will have fixes in for the latest games. Also try making sure you update Windows and all your driver software to the latest editions as if the driver is not designed for the game it will cause problems. Also whats the spec of your pc and what game are you playing? Am just near the end of Resident Evil 5 and have finished Modern Warefare..!

Struggs

Recycled Teenager
Thanks for the replies, Tedj the problem with shutting down the computer started before I downloaded this game.

nwclio, sorry forgot to put it is XPSP3. The game is Panda Craze Gold. Have you got a link where to download flashplayer 9 from, I did search the web for this, but not sure which sites are good or iffy, many thanks.

Struggs

Recycled Teenager
Thanks Crashtester, downloaded flash player 10, it hasn't made any difference to the game, think I will have to give up with that one. I regularly clear out stuff in add/remove and also use the search to get rid of bits that are left. Windows updates are OK, don't understand about the BIOS update, would this sort the shutting off problem? If so what do I have to do.

Really appreciate all the help from everyone. Diane

Struggs

Recycled Teenager
A follow up to the turning off of my computer. I have had the google toolbar for a couple of years, but a couple of days ago lost this. Whilst trying to sort this out I had no problems shutting down the computer, in the end I downloaded this again, and the shutting down problem has started again. I can't understand why this only started happening recently after all this time.

Does anyone know how this can be sorted without getting rid of the toolbar?

ted j

You could try downloading google toolbar 4 . It's a bit of a pain to find since google lies and downloads toolbar 5 or above, but try"previous versions". I did and then killed google updater and haven't had problems since. remember, you have to update microsoft (the operating system) but google is JUST a search engine and if it's working ok, why does it need updating? to give us more (usually uneccessary) bells and whistles

Last edited:

Struggs

Recycled Teenager
Crashtester, I got rid of all traces of the toolbar before I downloaded it again.

ted j, I will try and find version 4, must admit I did wonder if it was to do with all their updates, as it was during one of these that I lost the toolbar.

Thanks again.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom