alfiecat

Council Tax, Water & Electricty....
Hi All,

I have recently received my TAPU for our apartment in Yalikavak. Managed to get it completed on the last day of June before the % increased again! Few!

I just wanted to check with you knowledgeable people, what duties I still have remaining and what is the best route to complete them?

I believe I have to:

1) Register for Council tax.
2) Register water.
3) Register electricity.

Anything else............?

My solicitor sent me this e-mail a while ago with reference to water and electricity:

"We require 500 gbp attorney fee for water & electricity connection and you pay to the related municipality approximately 1.000 YTL as connection deposit."

Questions:

1) Are the solicitors correct about 1000 TL and is £500 going rate for doing this? Seems high to me.
2) Can I do all three myself? I only speak a little Turkish.
3) Where do I go for all 3?
4) What documents do I need.
5) What are the approximate costs based on your experience?

Any associated help would be much appreciated, as always.

Kind Regards

Paul

carolk

R.I.P
Hi Alfiecat, You register for your water and council tax at the Belidiye. My water registration was 230TL and council tax cost nothing to register, you just pay any council tax you owe. You will need your Tapu and passport and I think you might need your tax number. You register for Elec at what used to be the Tedas but is now called Aydem. This cost about 500TL and you need all of the above plus your Habitation Certificate which enables you to change from the builders rate to domestic rate which is about half the cost. You can do them all yourself but it is best if you have a Turkish friend who will go with you. I dont know where they are in your area, sorry.

I think the rates quoted to you by your solicitor are scandalous!!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
I would have thought that you could do all that yourself. Or even paying a translator to go with you would be far cheaper.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Our builder charged us £500 to register the water and electricity (told we wouldn;t have any services if we didn;t pay). But when we arrived at the aprtment found we were still on builders water and electricity.

You learn by your mistakes

Eve

Sarahlou

Hi, I paid water and electricity charges in May 2006. In oct last year we were asked for water connection fees again and reluctantly paid this but said it would come off this years managment. Low and behold we are still on builder's water and electric and I have visions of us having to pay it all again if and when we ever manage to get our Tapu.
Tavey

dngood

I can help with locations...

As Carol states, the tax and the water registration is done in the same building; Yalıkavak Belediyesi, which is HERE. For property tax, go up the stairs, and head for the office at the far right (just ask someone and they'll help). For water, the office is round the side of the building (go outside and follow the signs).

For Electric, head for the Adyem (Tedaş) office that's just round the corner from the Belediyesi HERE. However, I think you may need to go to the main Bodrum Office, which is near Oasis, just HERE.

We did the Property Tax registration ourselves last month armed with TAPU and passports, it was very painless, and didn't take much Turkish. Costs involved were very small, and I think were just back-payments.

I hope this helps,

Dave.

Last edited:

sandr

New Members Stuart & Ros
Re the solicitors attorney fee I was quoted a fee of £400 last week for my solicitors to act for me in my absence albeit in a different matter. It seems to be the going rate. I didn;t take them up on the offer!

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Hi All,

I have recently received my TAPU for our apartment in Yalikavak. Managed to get it completed on the last day of June before the % increased again! Few!

I just wanted to check with you knowledgeable people, what duties I still have remaining and what is the best route to complete them?

I believe I have to:

1) Register for Council tax.
2) Register water.
3) Register electricity.

Anything else............?

My solicitor sent me this e-mail a while ago with reference to water and electricity:

"We require 500 gbp attorney fee for water & electricity connection and you pay to the related municipality approximately 1.000 YTL as connection deposit."

Questions:

1) Are the solicitors correct about 1000 TL and is £500 going rate for doing this? Seems high to me.
2) Can I do all three myself? I only speak a little Turkish.
3) Where do I go for all 3?
4) What documents do I need.
5) What are the approximate costs based on your experience?

Any associated help would be much appreciated, as always.

Kind Regards

Paul
100 tl Water and i think 200tl Electric, sounds like your solicitor is making a bit, if you go to the small office to the left of the Beledeye Office, (faceing it) there in a very helpfull lady there and speake good english, she helped us with our water and Council reg/tax.

miela

Goodness that seems very costly, it was written into our poa for the solicitor to register all this and set up the water and electricity all included in the price and didn't even amount to £500 in total.

B

biskit4444

ive just sent £450 to builder for connection of water and electric,just saves me chasing myself on holiday in 2 weeks,but wife going next week,so had to give poa to them as would have no utilities as going saturday,offices open only mon-fri.had no choice really.

Scarwulf

I can help with locations...

As Carol states, the tax and the water registration is done in the same building; Yalıkavak Belediyesi, which is HERE. For property tax, go up the stairs, and head for the office at the far right (just ask someone and they'll help). For water, the office is round the side of the building (go outside and follow the signs).

For Electric, head for the Adyem (Tedaş) office that's just round the corner from the Belediyesi HERE. However, I think you may need to go to the main Bodrum Office, which is near Oasis, just HERE.

We did the Property Tax registration ourselves last month armed with TAPU and passports, it was very painless, and didn't take much Turkish. Costs involved were very small, and I think were just back-payments.

I hope this helps,

Dave

Further to the above it is fairly easy if a little time consuming.

The water office is to the right of the beledyesi and, I think, marked Su. They had to come and read my meter and I then paid for the water used and a 185tl deposit.

I had to go to the electric office in Yali who arranged for my meter to be read and the meter number confirmed. They gave me a document which I took with my other documents to the office in Bodrum where I paid the outstanding bill and registered the meter in my name. When I went there was no-one who spoke English but the people there were very helpful. When you enter the office go straight ahead as far as you can then turn left, the desk dealing with new registrations is at the end and there is normally a queue.

Last edited:

tiiegil

Hiya, I ahve been reading this with great interest and hoping someone can give me a bit of info, we are in Foca and had our Tapu (Irtafaki) in Jan 2007, we have not paid anything since we have been there so obvioulsy in for some fines :bowl: so can anyone enlighten/correct what I think needs doing now:

1. Is it ok to pay Council tax but just have the Tapu Irtafki(although we are hoping we will have the full one when we go out).We also until we go do not have the habitation either.

2. I need to ask for a Sicil card at the local Belediye?

3. We will pay half the tax each as in joint names and be fined?

4. Take copies? of Dask passport and Tapu to Belediye to register villa?

5.Our villas is one of 10 detached each with own pool the water is from a well that is obvioulsy pump driven so how will we get on to the normal costs for water please?

6. There is no management committee or anything else come to that on our site, we understood we have a freehold property which is in our contract so will we get on to mains water and if so how do we go about this please ?

7.Regarding electric, currently someone on our site collects 4 euros per day when we are out there (builders rates), but we do not have our own meter either, so how do we go about getting our own meter is this also at the belediye or another office?

Any help will be gratefully received we just want to be legal :help: and pay what we should and have 'fun in the sun' yep I know it is 'Turkey' as everyone says.Part of the fun I suppose ! :cheer2:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Is the Council Tax charged from the amount stated on the purchase price on the Tapu document and are the charges 0.3% of that amount? Our first years payment is due when we go out in September.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom