PASH

Cost of Water
Hi all, just picking your brains. I have an apartment on a small site consisting of 16 apartments and one average size pool. Take out personal use of water which is our own responsability, we are getting charged collectively, 4150 YTL for site water. There is no grass, just plants to be watered and the occassional washing down of paths. So based on 7 to 8 months when we require water, this seems a bit excessive to me and we have never received a proper breakdown from our site management company, just a block amount. Any comparisons out there as our AGM is coming up next month and i would like to have the facts in place

Many thanks

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Cost of Water
sounds expensive to me, thats 8300 tonnes/cubic metres of water if it costs 1.5Tl per cube, surely there is a communal meter

martin

PASH

Cost of Water
Hi Martin - The water meter is a bone of contention at the moment as there is one meter for the whole site and each apartment has their own meter, they take our readings and deduct from the whole, leaving the balance. We have asked for every property to be metered at the road as it should be.

Last edited:

Peregrine

Cost of Water
so theres one meter for all water coming in. check ther readings yourself - take a photo at the start of the year and again at the end. you then know if the total being used as the start poibnt is correct

Do the same with your own meter, and get the other 15 to do the same (or as many as you can). That allows you to check the accuracy of the deduction. I didnt understand the bit about metering at the road

The balance has to be paid if its correct

you say theres no grass but I bet it takes a lot of water to wash down the paved areas (and I bet its dione more frequently that you think)

is the pool filled each year? that could add considerably to the cost

other than that I dont know the answer

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Cost of Water
Is the communal meter the only one that the authorities read, who do actually pay, the council or the site management company, they could be reselling the water at a higher rate to the individual homes.
have you access to the communal meter if so it might be worth taking a measured reading over a fixed period and calculating roughly the annual usage.

Martin

Robert

Cost of Water
At Yasmin Gardens we are charged 5.65lira per cubic metr. This is the builders rate. We all have water meters.

JML

Cost of Water
My water costs me approx 240 tl a year for two people no garden to speak of just kayrak and pots.Use dishwasher everyday and washing machine every other. We are one of three villas all have seperate meters plus one other meter which is for communial water for pool top ups and washing paths small flower borders etc that bill is about another 200 tl split three ways. Our water comes into a depot directly from the mains and then is metered from that depot to each villa. We live here all the time.
PS this does not include the cost of filling our pool that was done by tanker and cost us 340tl for 4 large tankers, again this cost was split three ways.

Last edited:

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Cost of Water
You should go to the local water company to check the cost of water per ton, then providing you have access to the meter readings you will be able to check the mark up put on by your management company!

At the moment here it is 1.24 tl per ton (incl taxes) upto 50 tons used in 2 months - it is more expensive if you exceed the 50 tons.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom