Kanga

Cost of living Turkey?
Mezgit is what's called coley in the UK and many people turn their noses up at it. I use it in fish pie as well as cooking it separately.
The only thing wrong with the uskumru/mackerel is the smell when cooking inside, but great on the bbq outside. It's also very good for you, lots of omega oils.
Our MM Migros has fish and meat counters.

BTW: The Yucelen hospitals do a deal with the SGK. There are Yucelen hospitals in Marmaris, Ortaca and Mugla.

cigliboy

Cost of living Turkey?
The frozen fish is is still for sale in the bim. What is wrong with uskumru its a healthy fish to eat just as good as salmon they have both in the bim.
Salmon from Norway is 250.00 lira per kilo in Carrefour in Mavisehir !

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Cost of living Turkey?
Salmon from Norway is 250.00 lira per kilo in Carrefour in Mavisehir !
I used to buy fresh salmon before the price got stupid. Last time I bought it was 65 tl kilo steaks but know 345 tl kilo for steaks and 279 tl whole. I am quite happy with frozen because I have to eat so much of it.

B&B

Cost of living Turkey?
The frozen fish is is still for sale in the bim. What is wrong with uskumru its a healthy fish to eat just as good as salmon they have both in the bim.
Is it a seasonal fish like anchovy ?

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Cost of living Turkey?
Car insurance has sky rocketed here, both in TL terms and GBP. Last year the Kasko on our VW CC was 2367TL (about £200 at the time). This year we have just paid 8158TL (currently £369). We have had no claims, situation is identical, the car is one year older, so worth less if we write it off.

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Cost of living Turkey?
Car insurance has sky rocketed here, both in TL terms and GBP. Last year the Kasko on our VW CC was 2367TL (about £200 at the time). This year we have just paid 8158TL (currently £369). We have had no claims, situation is identical, the car is one year older, so worth less if we write it off.
That's a hell of an increase I wonder what the scooter will be? Last year I think 210 tl. The value of it will have gone up as all cars have and scooters have, I paid 29000 3 years ago now its worth 130000. So just think what the insurance on a new car will be

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom