HollyB

Cost of living in Turkey
I'm hoping to initially rent for 12 months and have some idea of how much rental will be but would appreciate some advice on general monthly outgoings. I will be living alone and renting a one bedroom apartment and wondered what I would pay on average for the following: - water gas electricity internet mobile health insurance Anything else I have missed? Bit vague I know but any advice greatly appreciated

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Cost of living in Turkey
Re: Cost of living

We tend to spend about 2200TL per month (two people and two dogs) without rent but including SGK, petrol and alcohol.

HollyB

Cost of living in Turkey

Thanks TNT I was trying to find my previous posting and also wondered if there was much difference in Dalyan as my previous posting was about Calis- change of plan now regarding location ��

HollyB

Cost of living in Turkey

I know Dalyan very well so thought better the devil you know ��

HollyB

Cost of living in Turkey

Don't know what's happening with this site all of a sudden. I sent it twice ??? Can you send me your email address and I will send it again Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Cost of living in Turkey

Don't know what's happening with this site all of a sudden. I sent it twice ??? Can you send me your email address and I will send it again karen.ballington@ yahoo.co.uk Thanks

You sent it via visitor message, you should have sent via Private Message.

Stelliebellie wont get a notification of a visitor message.

Martin

Saoirse

Cost of living in Turkey

Holy as a very basic guide take Uk or Europe cost of living and divide by 2

HollyB

Cost of living in Turkey

Thanks I realised that and sent it again privately. Out of curiosity where will my first message appear?

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Cost of living in Turkey

Thanks I realised that and sent it again privately. Out of curiosity where will my first message appear?

On Stelliebellies Visitor page, its public and not private.

Martin

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Cost of living in Turkey
An easy way to send a PM is to click on the PM icon under the member's name, left side box of their post. (see box left of this text)

martinsharon8

Cost of living in Turkey
monthly costs to live in Ovacik

Hi All ,
can you please advise us how much we would need to live on per month in GBP
we own our Villa in Ovacik so no rent would be payable bit would obviously have to pay for :-
Electric
water
council tax
food
eating out a couple of times per week
no vehicle
villa insurance
plus any other

with the above in mind we would love to have a idea what the amount would be per month,

thank you i advance

Martin & Sharon

martinsharon8

Cost of living in Turkey
Monthly costs in ovacik

Hi All ,
we own our Villa in Ovacik so no rent would be payable bit would obviously have to pay for :-
Electric
water
council tax
food
no vehicle
villa insurance
plus any other

with the above in mind we would love to have a idea what the amount would be per month,

thank you i advance

Martin & Sharon

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Cost of living in Turkey
Martin and Sharon, I'm sure if you are patient someone will tell you, in the meantime look at this thread from the beginning and many of the answers may be found

Martin

ted j

Cost of living in Turkey
Re: Monthly costs in ovacik

Hi All ,
Electric
water
council tax
food
no vehicle
villa insurance
plus any other

thank you i advance

Martin & Sharon
Electric.....we had family over and last month including 5 people using hairdryers/aircon /etc....worked out at @£10 per week
Water...£50 will keep a pool topped up and give washing/cleaning water for @25 days (in winter that same £50 will suffice for @3-4 months
Our council tax this year was 68 lira (@£14)
Food averages for 2 people @ £75-90 per week (varies)
Eating out ....@£25-35 per meal (again varying )
Villa insurance, we have just paid @£90 for full villa contents and building ins and dask

suzyq

Cost of living in Turkey
Health Insurance is also important but can't tell you how much it will cost as it depends on how old you are and if you have pre-existing medical problems.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom