immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Cost of a UK passport is set to rise in September
Just more taxes from a government on it's last legs that is desperate for cash so it can carry on spending on absurd projects.

Ian

Andy

Looks like i got in just in time then, my passport renewal was post this morning.

RIK

Yes, but if you have to buy a ' Fat Passport ' then it was 95 quid before this latest increase.I got my new one through the consulate in Antalya in seven working days.Issued by the FCO and not UKPA.Cost of owning a Blue Plate Car and travelling.

Ian

mikehibb

Had a new passport last year (in May) from FCO in Baku.
Only managed to get to get 79 stamps in it during the last year ( I must try harder)
What annoys me is the price of a visa for UK for my wife (who is Georgian) it costs a couple of hundred quid, where as my Visa for Georgia is free as I am married to a Georgian, I would have thought that they would have a reciprocal agreement.

tykatem

Available in sarcastic to
Had a new passport last year (in May) from FCO in Baku.
Only managed to get to get 79 stamps in it during the last year ( I must try harder)
What annoys me is the price of a visa for UK for my wife (who is Georgian) it costs a couple of hundred quid, where as my Visa for Georgia is free as I am married to a Georgian, I would have thought that they would have a reciprocal agreement.

Hi, why should your wife's visa be free?

Mushroom

A 7% rise. Well that will be the rate now asked by the unions!
Remember as well that a 10 year UK passport is really only a 9.5 year passport because no-one wants you if you only have 6 months left on it when you fly out.
Mr Brown - what a clown !!

PASH

\well said mushroom - what a shambolic government - time they were gone!

Number6

A 7% rise. Well that will be the rate now asked by the unions!
Remember as well that a 10 year UK passport is really only a 9.5 year passport because no-one wants you if you only have 6 months left on it when you fly out.
No not really - any remainder left on your old passport (up to 6 months) is added on to your new one.

mikehibb

Hi, why should your wife's visa be free?

I thought that I made that quite clear in my post that I thought that UK could have a reciprocal agreement with Georgia.
If poor cash strapped little Georgia can manage to provide free Visas for spouses who are married to Georgian nationals, then I would like to think that UK could manage to do the same.

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
gosh i need to renew mine! but i thot the current passport is even a bit expensive! eheheh

ted j

Totally Agree With Immac, Just Been Reading About GB's 10 Biggest Monetary Gaffes Wonder What His Passport Photo Looks Like (Hope He's Not Doing That AWFUL Phoney Youtube Smile) .Ps, Mine Looks Like Americas Most Wanted, What's Youre's Like . Ted.

Heard something on the telly today that if you actually look like your passport photo you are proberbly not well enough to travel. LOL

Jane

Latest Posts

Top Bottom