Mushroom

Coronavirus
Well they managed it the first time round so probably a lot of the first volunteers are already trained to give jabs. We had our flu last autumn in the local pharmacy in Cardigan, not administered by pharmacy staff, it was someone from outside.

Let's be more positive please, this constant whining and carping isn't helpful. People are trying to do their best under very difficult circumstances and that's in a reasonably well ordered society.

Where would you prefer to be instead, N Korea perhaps? russia? Italy? New Zealand? USA? What chance is there of mass vaccination in Ukraine or Afghanistan?

Count your blessings.
I tell it as I see it. I'm not wearing rose tinted specs.
If the media is making repeated requests for volunteers, that means they haven't got the full quota, or in your world does it mean that they have and are just doing media requests for the fun of it?

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Coronavirus
If the media is making repeated requests for volunteers, that means they haven't got the full quota, or in your world does it mean that they have and are just doing media requests for the fun of it?
The media loves sensation. They create it for clicks, you must know that with a journo as a daughter. No news is a day without bread.

Mushroom

Coronavirus
It isn't click bait. It's a GP on local radio stations asking for volunteers. I don't think he's doing it for an attabboy?

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Coronavirus
I went into town today for the first time in a couple of weeks. There were deffo more people wearing masks, some young ones too. Time to look to get another booster. Sister and BIL in UK both just gone down with it. Couldn't be connected with the cruise they have just been on I am sure.

Last edited:

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
I went into town today for the first time in a couple of weeks. There were deffo more people wearing masks, some young ones too. Time to look to get another booster. Sister and BIL in UK both just gone down with it. Couldn't be connected with the cruise they have just been on I am sure.
Well. There was 3 of us had them on Tuesday Market people looking as if we had 2 heads I've never stopped wearing mine in the market.

Kanga

Coronavirus
Neither. 30,000 retired GPs are already registered. We dont have the workforce under normal conditions to do mass vax, and anyway what would they be doing otherwise. There's nowt wrong with volunteers.

Mushroom

Coronavirus
Neither. 30,000 retired GPs are already registered. We dont have the workforce under normal conditions to do mass vax, and anyway what would they be doing otherwise. There's nowt wrong with volunteers.
They aren't all registered around our parts otherwise the call for volunteers would not be made would they?
Nothing wrong with properly trained volunteers, who are also checked for their mental status.
After all - Harold Shipman was good with the needle?

Kanga

Coronavirus
The media is not making requests for volunteers. They have nothing to do with organising vaccination, they simply put a slant on a story to suit their political agenda. Are you saying you believe everything that's reported in the media?

Mushroom

Coronavirus
The media is not making requests for volunteers. They have nothing to do with organising vaccination, they simply put a slant on a story to suit their political agenda. Are you saying you believe everything that's reported in the media?

#10463. Please keep up.
As stated, the appeal using the media of RADIO is from a GP asking for volunteers.
The media is not just about journalists and clickbait.
The GP is real and it isn't an advert to sell anything either.

MEDIA
NOUN

1. (the media)
    the main means of mass communication (broadcasting, publishing, and the internet) regarded collectively:
    "their demands were publicized by the media"
  2. plural form of medium.

B&B

Coronavirus
For those of you who have it bad some light reading

If your old & have poor health something will open the trap door. It aways does so lighten up and enjoy what you have left, blink and its gone. Fretting aint going to do anyone any good.

Maisie

Coronavirus
I do not see Mark very often now, due to the strange shifts he works. However, he telephones me every evening. Tuesday though, he came round to give me an electric drill that I had asked him to obtain for me.

He telephoned me last night to say that he had just tested positive for Covid and told me to do a test! I did and fortunately, it was negative. But he said I will have to test again on Sunday.

Fingers crossed now.

Maisie

Camden

Coronavirus

It's a pity I haven't seen this in the UK Press, instead having to read it in the Turk Press.

I hope the masks and gowns of this plastic, the production, and the industry is set up here in the UK, like Belfast... We are an innovative Nation but constantly see our ideas being sold or ending up abroad due to the lack of Govt Funding for the next step .. We shouldn't have to rely on countries like China for PPE etc a countriy whose worker's rights are near non-existent.

Scientists at Queen's University in Belfast announced that they have developed plastic that cleans itself from viruses. Translation

While the fight against viruses evolved into a different dimension with the Coronavirus epidemic, scientists working at Queen's University in Belfast, the capital of Northern Ireland, made remarkable research and discovery.

Scientists announced that they have developed a plastic from which materials such as gowns, protective gloves, and masks can be produced. Authorities also announced that this plastic was able to destroy viruses due to its structure. It has been stated that the plastic that reacts with the light destroys the viruses.

It has been noted that millions of viruses can be destroyed by scientists examining plastic. With the spread of the Covid-19 epidemic, scientists accelerated their work on this issue. Research has revealed that the coronavirus can stay on some floors and surfaces for up to 72 hours. It was determined that noroviruses can stay in the human body for 2 weeks.

Professor Andrew Mills, who led the research, said: “This is the first product developed on this subject. “These plastic films can be used at no significant expense and can reduce single-use plastics.”

Coronavirus
Germany to bring back the wearing of masks in certain places from October

Mushroom

Coronavirus
It's predicted to rise in the UK, together with flu this winter. No-one knows how bad or by how much, but as an indicator, the NHS has started a repeat vaccination program already for staff and the available slots at Pinderfields are almost all taken online. The boss has hers in about a fortnight, but being an Alien who never catches owt, it might be wasted?

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
It's predicted to rise in the UK, together with flu this winter. No-one knows how bad or by how much, but as an indicator, the NHS has started a repeat vaccination program already for staff and the available slots at Pinderfields are almost all taken online. The boss has hers in about a fortnight, but being an Alien who never catches owt, it might be wasted?
Just found out my old drinking den, the boss caught it 2020 was bad he never got over it. It gave him dementia type symptoms 3 weeks ago he had a big stroke and 2 more in hospital his brain died and 2 days later knocked the machine off 58 years old I think he was. Sad.

Maisie

Coronavirus
I am having my next covid booster next Thursday. No mention yet of the flu vaccination. My doctors practice usually displays a notice at reception when you can book. Will call in on Thursday to see if it is there yet.

Maisie

shash

shash
Coronavirus
My neighbours had Corona a few weeks back confirmed by hastani. They quarantined for 10 days, which was good of them as it was just like a normal cold.
What happened to rhinovirus and ordinary coronavirus, do they not exist anymore?

Coronavirus
We have just got back to Turkey after a 6 day trip the the UK. My husband has a streaming cold, I hope that it isn't Covid, as he caught that last time we flew to the UK in July.

I went for a swim today & noticed that whilst we were away they have put up a new Covid social distancing sign at the pool entrance.
Luckily, as usual I had the pool to myself

Latest Posts

Top Bottom