Coronavirus
We have just recovered from Covid. It was more like a cold with a cough & high temperature. Unfortunately we are both still coughing now & then 10 days after testing positive.
I have now got my appetite back, my husband didn't loose his.

My German neighbour & his family flew home yesterday. I was surprised that he made it onto his flight. He had a terrible cough, which he blamed on the air conditioning, but I really think that it was Covid.

Maisie

Coronavirus
Waiting for the call for 3rd booster.

Mark, who works with disabled and clinically vulnerable people is struggling to get his first booster. He was passing our town hall last week, where they are doing vaccinations. He was stopped and asked if he needed a second vaccination. He explained the position, but they wouldn't give him the booster without an appointment. Crazy!

Maisie

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Update on my Moderna jab - feeling groggy today after no side effects with 2 x Astra Zeneca and 1 Pfizer previously. Apparently this one does not have a good reputation re- side effects.
It all comes down to the individual. So do some don't. My son was bad with modern, and Pfizer. We have had 2 Sinovac and 2 Pfizer not even an arm ache.

Mushroom

Coronavirus
Sore arm started within 10 minutes yesterday and still present. Aching, with sore eyes and head but as my mate had all the same after his jab a couple of weeks ago and was fine after 24 hours, I aren't going to tell him owt !! I will maintain that I am exempt from side effects.
The only person I know who has never had so much as a twinge is the boss and in her environment, Covid is an ever present threat.

B&B

Coronavirus
Aw would you look who just got covid again and him double boosted, poor wee Joe Biden. It's only July the height of summer better start making winter plans boys n girls. Gets extra popcorn in. Btw people using kontil 250g for covid. Dont know much about it think it's a dog wormer.

Maisie

Coronavirus
It is reported that this combined injection will be initially offered to those over 50 and other vulnerable groups. This will be good news for Mark, who has not been able to get a first booster! Given his occupation with vulnerable adults, I find this quite alarming. He tried our doctors' practice and they said they could not help him. Added to which, of course, his wife is diabetic. Mark was always able to get the flu jab because of Dave's diabetes. Fingers crossed now for him.

Maisie

Mushroom

Coronavirus
There are requests in the media on behalf of St John ambulance service for volunteers to do the vaccinations which start their boosters next month.
As the boss now has more time on her hands she says she will do her bit. The problem I see is that there is no requirement for previous experience, so training must be given and there has to surely be a selection process?
All to be done within 2-3 weeks?

Maisie

Coronavirus
This could put a damper on any new vaccination roll-out. I liked the comment from the BMA that politicians make promises before checking if they're achievable. . . .

So, now that we are all excited about this booster, the rug gets pulled from under it. Costs to keep this vaccine are apparently the stumbling block. Wasn't there something about refrigeration with one of the original vaccines?

In view of the fact that an autumn booster was already on the cards, does this mean that this will go ahead with another vaccine whilst the problem with the 'new' one is sorted out?

Maisie

Kanga

Coronavirus
There are requests in the media on behalf of St John ambulance service for volunteers to do the vaccinations which start their boosters next month.
As the boss now has more time on her hands she says she will do her bit. The problem I see is that there is no requirement for previous experience, so training must be given and there has to surely be a selection process?
All to be done within 2-3 weeks?
Well they managed it the first time round so probably a lot of the first volunteers are already trained to give jabs. We had our flu last autumn in the local pharmacy in Cardigan, not administered by pharmacy staff, it was someone from outside.

Let's be more positive please, this constant whining and carping isn't helpful. People are trying to do their best under very difficult circumstances and that's in a reasonably well ordered society.

Where would you prefer to be instead, N Korea perhaps? russia? Italy? New Zealand? USA? What chance is there of mass vaccination in Ukraine or Afghanistan?

Count your blessings.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom