enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Went for a walk today,ended up in a little pasta cafe and the young girl had a mask on for the first time. I quested her why and she replied that alanya has a lot of illness now meaning corona.

Last edited:

Mushroom

Coronavirus
On Friday this week the boss is going out with colleagues for a belated Christmas meal. When I say belated, this is the one that should have been for Christmas 2020.
She got in yesterday evening and later caught up with the news. Not impressed with the 'bring your own bottle' fiasco with Boris at number 10 and said that it must have been a real bind for all the toadies having to have zoom meetings whilst she and her work colleagues were coming home with more wrinkles than a bulldog after a shift in full PPE.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Coronavirus
On Friday this week the boss is going out with colleagues for a belated Christmas meal. When I say belated, this is the one that should have been for Christmas 2020.
She got in yesterday evening and later caught up with the news. Not impressed with the 'bring your own bottle' fiasco with Boris at number 10 and said that it must have been a real bind for all the toadies having to have zoom meetings whilst she and her work colleagues were coming home with more wrinkles than a bulldog after a shift in full PPE.
The grafters such as your good lady must feel absolutely betrayed by the very people that should be protecting them .
I resent their betrayal.
Steve

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
not being cynical, but. . . .

That's one thing Erdogan did I agree with he told all the doctors if you work for the Devlet you cannot work for a private hospital, and I think that the UK should be the same. He is no different from any one else no vaccine no job as hard as it is.

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
The schools must be running wild with covid our sons friends near Leeds has said their son has got covid for the second time in 3 months because no masks in his class.

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus

Saoirse

Coronavirus
I note Spain is promoting and putting forward to EU that the new approach for monitoring Covid should be more like handling a flu outbreak including dropping the endless publishing of figures totals etc

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
I note Spain is promoting and putting forward to EU that the new approach for monitoring Covid should be more like handling a flu outbreak including dropping the endless publishing of figures totals etc

That's for their own benefits holiday season coming up. I f the results are out there people can make their own choices, because once they are stopped anything can be covered over and can any government be trusted.?

Mushroom

Coronavirus
It would appear that Covid and the strain on the NHS is now over according to the Midyorks Trust.
After all the pleading for staff just two weeks ago and a ban on visitors still in effect, the boss had contact with the head of pensions this morning who told her that the original break of service (2 weeks) which was reduced to 24 hours for almost 2 years has now been reinstated.
As she officially retires at the end of February, next month, she now has to take an enforced 2 weeks off before she can return, so the Trust is without one of two Midwife Sonographers through no fault of her own and as she already has leave booked in Mid February and late March, they will see her for about 4 weeks out of 8 instead of 6 out of 8.
They must be very confident that all the staff previously absent are going to be back at work because it reached a point recently that if I had applied for a non-skilled job to cover absences, I would have started next day.
I have suggested that she can always do a couple of weeks stacking shelves somewhere to stop getting bored !!
To cap it off, her conditions of pension are that if with her yearly pension plus income after returning exceeds her original final salary, she will be deducted £1000 from her pension the following tax year as a forfeit.
It won't apply to her as she is reducing hours to make sure she isn't going to give Hector at Inland Revenue a windfall but it's pleasing to know that when she returns to be taxed after passing her personal allowance, with increased NI from April, the NHS is not short of workers after all and would punish anyone doing more TAXABLE work than before.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom