Camden

Coronavirus
The vaccines lose their effectiveness over a relatively short time, hence the booster after 6 months, but the worry now is that as the uptake of the booster for a lot of people will be in the middle of winter, which is also the flu season, people are going to get caught out.
It is beleived within the medical opinion that because we were under covid restrictions last year and wearing face masks was one of them, we actually got away with a lot of flu infections.
As that is not the case now and social distancing appears to have gone, together with allowing indoor social events, it all points to a rise of both Covid and Flu in the not too distant future.
The medics and the scientists are wanting something doing now asap but Boris is holding off in his usual manner because he is consistent at doing something only when it is too late.
Also it doesn't look good for whoever is arriving at the COP26 shit show either.
Politics before people?
Some minister has stated that he is not seeing 'unsustainable pressure' on the NHS. THe NHS says the opposite. Who would you trust?
After COP26, I would expect some action because the one political hot potato Boris has is the knock on effect.
If infections rise, hospital admissions rise, even if the death rate remains stable. Wards used for covid patients over-spill into other wards, i.e surgical and the back log increases even more than the ridiculous waiting times we already have.
Politically, very dangerous.

Uptake may be one part , but there is many from different parts of the country saying the rollout this time is broken ,with many finding they are unable to receive the booster or third Jab , instead being pulled from pillar to post. They speak to surgery to be told to contact the NHS vaccination centre or try a walk in , they then say without invitation try the NHS number ..they respond saying they don't qualify... a case of circular blame....If the Government took the accolade of the last rollout they should take the blame for this farce.

I read the normal Tory apologists point to a rise in Europe as their default for this Govts ineptitude ( Not You Mush) but in Europe they will thank god never catch up to the numbers we are seeing, too large a void in comparison, due to the slow reactive approach of our Govt .... On the Continent instead many have been proactive with distancing, masking, temp control ,and putting Covid & Flu air filtering systems in schools and some workplaces ...

Our Health Minister is telling us to brace for an infection rate to double to 100,000 a day ..if that correlates to deaths which he failed to mention would be approx 400 a day ... just a number to some, but each one is a family member a mother, father, daughter or son etc ... And knowing this ... just a suggestion we abide by past rules ...

He also seems to forget, NHS staff are citizens amongst this 100,000 a day. They are susceptible as most to the virus , in fact higher in risk in many case , and that they may have to go into isolation , depriving an already fatigued and understaffed NHS service having to deal with a seasonal high Flu outbreak and Virus .... And this Govt seems to be doing nothing ....in reaction .

Last edited:
Coronavirus
I had to wonder why over something last Saturday.
Our 16 year old Grandson went to a community center to get his jab on Saturday morning. The scratching of the head for me was, wouldn't it have been easier to do the vaccinations of school children, onsite ie in schools themselves?

I'm vaccinated & from people I know, those who can have it have had it (or so they tell me). What's concerning is there are still swathes of people roaming around who are adamant that they're not going to have it.
So what's happened to the phrase of, "nobody it safe till everyone is safe"?

Mushroom

Coronavirus
I am about 3 weeks away from booster time but the government online booking system will still not let me book an appointment which seems a bit stupid.
They ought to be filling all the slots as early as possible.
Will I be able to book one at say- the week before my 6 months are up? Or will I not be able to get a slot until I hit the 6 month date?
Why aren't we getting things done more efficiently?

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Coronavirus
I'm 5 months and 25 days away from my 6 months up time, I would have preferred to have had the booster before I go in for surgery on the 9th if it still goes ahead, I will call them up next week and ask where I fit on the list explaining my predicament, but I know the answer already, "you have to wait for your invite letter" and "maybe you can go to one of the walk in centres we have set up", there is one in Lanark, easy to park but I'm not anticipating doing too much of the walking bit soon after the op, to me its more of a concern than some bloke chopping my leg in half and fixing it back together

Coronavirus
I am about 3 weeks away from booster time but the government online booking system will still not let me book an appointment which seems a bit stupid.
They ought to be filling all the slots as early as possible.
Will I be able to book one at say- the week before my 6 months are up? Or will I not be able to get a slot until I hit the 6 month date?
Why aren't we getting things done more efficiently?
I believe we have to wait for the NHS to make contact with us for the booster. If you have not been contacted 6 months and 1 week after you’re 2nd jab you can then use the online system. Let’s hope there isn’t too much of a backlog for appointments.

Kanga

Coronavirus

"Once the great and good of the climate lobby fly off back home, the Government will feel free once again to plunge Britain back into some kind of lockdown. The vultures are already circling. You know something is up when Professor Neil Ferguson starts reappearing on the airwaves, and Parliament has quietly extended the Government's emergency Covid powers for another six months."

Jaycey

African Refugee
Coronavirus
Government’s Plan B:

covid.jpg

Putting fingers in ears and shouting ‘la la la’ to be made mandatory.

The British public will have to deny all evidence that Covid is a continuing and rising threat, under soon to be implemented government regulations.

With coronavirus cases predicted to reach 100,000 a day in the UK, there’s a real risk that people will start to think the government has completely fucked things up – again.

“Don’t worry, we’re going to nip that in the bud with a series of cunning new rules,” said the Prime Minister.

“Whenever people are out in public it will be mandatory for them to stick both fingers in their ears just in case they hear any facts about how Covid is spreading in this country.

“To make extra sure they don’t hear anything with any basis in actual science, they’ll also be required to sing ‘la la la’ as loudly as possible...

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Coronavirus
UK testing numbers much higher than any other country worldwide.
So number of positive cases not really the best metric to use.

Screenshot_20211022-002539_crop_99.jpg

Screenshot_20211022-000451_crop_73.jpg

juco

Coronavirus
It also depends on the amplification number used in order to have a level playing field. The uk did reduce the amplification at one stage, could be they have raised it again.

Mushroom

Coronavirus
Well, Boris is now considering his plan B but after the half term, which also coincides with being after COP26 (as I predicted) and is also looking at the booster jabs being given earlier than the 6 month wait. He must have received my message?

Coronavirus
We are fortunate to have had access to a vaccine and the most of the population made their choice to have it, it follows that the death rate of those hospitalised having had the vaccine is therefore higher otherwise. Look at the take up of older people and those with serious medical conditions. Cases are increasing, in Europe as most of us know the cases are lower in part due I assume to the mandatory requirement to wear a masks?Every little helps as they say. The wearing of masks is unfortunately becoming political, you only had to have watched the last question time. What happened to being led by the science?

Camden

Coronavirus

View attachment 24398

View attachment 24399

Trump used the same excuse and debunked ... it seems some Tory apologists may want to imply the same ??? instead of showing the fact, that the better job you do at suppressing an outbreak, the fewer tests per person required ... so said Dr. Hans-Georg Kräusslich, a professor and infectious diseases expert.

Trump claimed that the higher number of US tests is the reason the US shows more cases than Germany, a country that has been widely praised for its handling of the pandemic.

"So Germany is going to show fewer cases because they're testing far fewer people -- different-sized countries and all, but they're testing far fewer people," Trump said on Fox News in late June.

That is also inaccurate. By aggressively testing at the outset of the crisis, Germany -- like another country Trump has mentioned while boasting of the total number of US tests, South Korea -- simply did a better job suppressing its outbreak. It therefore required fewer tests per person over the long term.

Dr. Hans-Georg Kräusslich, a professor and infectious diseases expert at the University of Heidelberg in Germany, said that the number of tests conducted is generally determined by medical need,
specifically the number of people experiencing symptoms -- and since Germany has a low true infection rate, the country does not need to use even close to its full testing capacity.

Myth: The rise in positive cases is because more people are getting tested

Sir Patrick Vallance was keen to debunk this widely circulated myth. Speaking about this theory, he confirmed although there has been an increase in the number of people being tested, there are now significant increases in the rates of transmission.

He said: “Could that increase be due to increased testing? The answer is no. We see an increase in positivity of the tests done – so we see the proportion of people testing positive has increased, even if testing stays flat.”

Last edited:

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Coronavirus
Trump used the same excuse and debunked ... it seems some Tory apologists may want to imply the same ??? instead of showing the fact, that the better job you do at suppressing an outbreak, the fewer tests per person required ... so said Dr. Hans-Georg Kräusslich, a professor and infectious diseases expert.

Trump claimed that the higher number of US tests is the reason the US shows more cases than Germany, a country that has been widely praised for its handling of the pandemic.

"So Germany is going to show fewer cases because they're testing far fewer people -- different-sized countries and all, but they're testing far fewer people," Trump said on Fox News in late June.

That is also inaccurate. By aggressively testing at the outset of the crisis, Germany -- like another country Trump has mentioned while boasting of the total number of US tests, South Korea -- simply did a better job suppressing its outbreak. It therefore required fewer tests per person over the long term.

Dr. Hans-Georg Kräusslich, a professor and infectious diseases expert at the University of Heidelberg in Germany, said that the number of tests conducted is generally determined by medical need,
specifically the number of people experiencing symptoms -- and since Germany has a low true infection rate, the country does not need to use even close to its full testing capacity.

Myth: The rise in positive cases is because more people are getting tested

Sir Patrick Vallance was keen to debunk this widely circulated myth. Speaking about this theory, he confirmed although there has been an increase in the number of people being tested, there are now significant increases in the rates of transmission.

He said: “Could that increase be due to increased testing? The answer is no. We see an increase in positivity of the tests done – so we see the proportion of people testing positive has increased, even if testing stays flat.”

As a Leftie Loser Labour apologist, how do you account for the increase in number of cases?

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Coronavirus
We have had one but not for a month after a flu jab. I think it's 12 weeks, hasn't Tenpin had it?

We've had 2 Sinovac......about a 9 week gap....then had 2 Pfizer.
Last one was end of August.

No sign yet of a flu jab or a booster coming up on our e-nabiz profile.

As far as we are aware only people who had one or the other are eligible for the booster, not those who have had both Sinovac and Pfizer as we have.

jearden

Coronavirus
I’m one of the oldies, double jabbed and awaiting my booster. In the UK we are swamped with Covid data and often the important information gets side lined by our media constantly looking for sensational negative headlines.
I’m not interested in historical data or current case numbers which are predominantly mild symptoms. For me the most important indicators of vaccines performance and my chances of surviving the pandemic are hospitalisation and deaths.
In the UK we have a problem with around 20% of our population refusing the jab and the London area is a disgrace with little more than 50% take up.
For those that remain vaccine sceptics here is the latest data from the government website for the 4 week period to 19th September.

UK Covid Statistics for the 4 weeks Monday, 23.08.2021 to Sunday, 19.09.2021.
1634915069856.png

1634915093077.png

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom