Mushroom

Coronavirus
Javid is doing a news conference at 5pm tonight. Plan B is coming but I think they are holding off to hopefully wait until after half term and the Cop26 conference.

Camden

Coronavirus
Covid cases have nearly hit 50,000..... Today 49,139 positive tests across the country in the last 24 hours, up by 15 per cent on the previous week. The figure is the second-highest recorded since July 17, when 54,674 infections were posted and marks the 15th day in a row of rising cases. Meanwhile, hospital admissions rose by 15.3 per cent week-on-week to 869, while deaths jumped by nearly a third to 179.

FCIL86-XsAY_kXt (1).png

Last edited:
Coronavirus
Well it’s been stated for months now that Covid is with us for the foreseeable future.
Our daughter in law has a mask and oxygen bottle by her side at home, she’s asthmatic and with Covid, she’s had her two jabs of Pfizer. Currently going through a rough patch of it.

IMO lockdowns just couldn’t have been never ending, I couldn’t imagine what society would’ve been like with a solid straight year or more of being shut away.

juco

Coronavirus
UK could see another 8,000 deaths before Christmas.
There was 85,000 deaths in england/Wales in 2018 for Nov Dec, so it will be easy to hit their forecast of 8,000 deaths it will be interesting to see how many were deaths WITH Covid as in tested positive after being admitted as opposed to OF Covid and being admitted just for Covid.

juco

Coronavirus
So the question is, are these vaccines working or are we all still dodging bullets?
If they release proper figures and not combine them as they started doing last year then it will be easy to check if we are being fed bullshit or are they telling the truth.

Mushroom

Coronavirus
The vaccines lose their effectiveness over a relatively short time, hence the booster after 6 months, but the worry now is that as the uptake of the booster for a lot of people will be in the middle of winter, which is also the flu season, people are going to get caught out.
It is beleived within the medical opinion that because we were under covid restrictions last year and wearing face masks was one of them, we actually got away with a lot of flu infections.
As that is not the case now and social distancing appears to have gone, together with allowing indoor social events, it all points to a rise of both Covid and Flu in the not too distant future.
The medics and the scientists are wanting something doing now asap but Boris is holding off in his usual manner because he is consistent at doing something only when it is too late.
Also it doesn't look good for whoever is arriving at the COP26 shit show either.
Politics before people?
Some minister has stated that he is not seeing 'unsustainable pressure' on the NHS. THe NHS says the opposite. Who would you trust?
After COP26, I would expect some action because the one political hot potato Boris has is the knock on effect.
If infections rise, hospital admissions rise, even if the death rate remains stable. Wards used for covid patients over-spill into other wards, i.e surgical and the back log increases even more than the ridiculous waiting times we already have.
Politically, very dangerous.

Coronavirus
Watching the news this morning, reports are of a sharp rise in cases across certain parts Europe, both in infections & deaths. Along with the rise in infections & deaths here, are we all chasing our own tails?
Are we in the UK too far down the road now for another lockdown?

Kanga

Coronavirus
We got on the vaccination trail very early on, so now our 6 month immunity is tailing off earlier than other countries.

Mushroom

Coronavirus
It has to be repeated as there is no such thing as sustained immunity as things stand.
There will be too many variants to deal with.

Coronavirus
I think it's intended to become an annual boost, bit like the annual flu jab.
I spy a little problem when it comes to travel in the future.
At what stage does the failure of other countries not having these boosters throw a spanner in the works?
Example being, you cant go or come here unless you've had your booster jab?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom