enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
I've never had an adverse reaction to a flu jab and I don't know of anyone this year with anything to report so far. The Covid booster seems to be getting good reviews as well. The way the numbers are rising around these parts, I can't wait to get that one.
I have a sneaky feeling that due to the slow uptake, I might steal a week's wait if I go online in the next couple of weeks.
Failing that, I will walk along the corridors of Pinderfields hospital and wait for someone to jump out and jab me !!
We have been told cannot biontech jab until one month after the flu jab.

juco

Coronavirus
BBC News - Covid: Is the pace of the vaccine booster rollout too slow?
As people die this winter due to not getting hospital treatment and normal flu cases the fear factor will increase and governments will accelerate the process.
Of course it could backfire as when the above deaths occur people may decide the vaccines are not working.

Efesake

Coronavirus

COVID news live: PM has 'very close eye' on UK daily cases as they become highest in world - with hospital admissions also rising​

Coronavirus latest as UK daily cases top 40,000 again while deaths are the highest for seven months at 223; Boris Johnson has a "very close eye" on COVID situation amid signs hospitalisations are rising; booster jab rollout said to be going "extremely slowly".

Jaycey

African Refugee
Coronavirus
We are back in Zone Red as of yesterday but one bright spot – restaurants are open to those that can show certificates of double vaccination.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Coronavirus
Linsey is travelling to Newcastleallabad again later, she will wear a mask all the way on the train which in Scotland is mandatory, not everyone does and she tells me that on her last return journey, hardly anybody did even as the train was about to cross the border and the announcement was made nobody in her carriage bothered.

She has a colleague travelling up to Edinburgh for some mentoring this week, she reminded him about wearing a mask, he said he hasn't worn one for months and had no idea that Scotland had different rules to Manchester.

We had some friends, mum and daughter coming to stay for a few days toward the end of the month, mum has heart problems so she herself would be at risk on a train journey, I am going in for major surgery if a total knee replacement is classed as such, whilst I dont think I'm about to slip off the plate my current health and age are against me despite being double jabbed and can't jeopardise my opportunity to discard my crutch, if you know what I mean, also Linseys dad is in the latter stages of heart failure so we really can't afford to take any risks. We have cancelled their trip, I think the mum was quietly relieved.

Its time for people to get real again, my view is social distancing, mandatory mask wearing and limitations on crowd events would go a long way.

Mushroom

Coronavirus
We are now back to having home deliveries of our main shopping and minimal visits to other supermarkets. I wear a face mask in most places where other people are. I can happily pick up a take away if it isn't delivered but I aren't eating out with other people.
We are returning to how we were before, because quite simply the bug hasn't gone away, it's starting to make a bid again.

Camden

Coronavirus
What happened to our great start? where we led on vaccinations ... with this booster for our vulnerable.

Some countries have now overtaken us, we are seeing our own death rate rising averaging 180 a day and as seen the infections rate surging ... Other Countries are taking measures so it doesn't happen to them and without new Lockdowns, the difference is other Countries Govts are acting proactively rather than ours, which only acts reactively when it comes to measures ...

Other Countries are measuring temperature before access to Malls and large events, still masking up , distancing , new ventilation methods in workplace and schools. Whilst we, with our Governments sanction, act as if the Pandemic gone.

We saw it when, Boris the butterfly was Mayor in London, he was never the multitasker his attention span wandered before finishing a job or project when some other major project might catch his interest .... today this seems the Cop 26 Climate Change Conference which he wants the prestige in hosting... which already is turning into a farce..

FCH4ObWWQAEvX4o.jpg

Last edited:

Mushroom

Coronavirus
Like everything else in the UK, it starts well and ends up going pear shaped due to people taking their eye off the ball.
Lorry drivers, insufficient energy reserves, insufficient energy production, now insufficient vaccination centres and staff to man them.
Someone needs to point out to the government that the job is not finished until it's well and truly completed, not half way measures then a halt.

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
What happened to our great start? where we led on vaccinations ... with this booster for our vulnerable.

Some countries have now overtaken us, we are seeing our own death rate rising averaging 180 a day and as seen the infections rate surging ... Other Countries are taking measures so it doesn't happen to them and without new Lockdowns, the difference is other Countries Govts are acting proactively rather than ours, which only acts reactively when it comes to measures ...

Other Countries are measuring temperature before access to Malls and large events, still masking up , distancing , new ventilation methods in workplace and schools. Whilst we, with our Governments sanction, act as if the Pandemic gone.

We saw it when, Boris the butterfly was Mayor in London, he was never the multitasker his attention span wandered before finishing a job or project when some other major project might catch his interest .... today this seems the Cop 26 Climate Change Conference which he wants the prestige in hosting... which already is turning into a farce..

View attachment 24382
On the crohn's forum they have been given dates for the booster or 3rd vacancie but when they go no-one has any idea what they are on about or there is a shortfall in delivery.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom