Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
As Covid rates are rising here, we all managed to have a PCR test this afternoon.
The boss was invited to Occupational Health at her workplace and was told after the procedure that she 'should' have the test result within 24 hours.
She is not allowed to turn up at work until she either receives a negative result or, if positive, does a 10 day isolation.
As the lab tests are done onsite, she pointed out that a quick result might prevent the 13 cases she is due to scan tomorrow might still be able to go ahead if the result was Negative .
The answer was - It can be done within a couple of hours but they do the tests in the order that they are submitted.
With that in mind, in case the previous testers were comprising of mainly admin staff and the boss was at the back of the queue, the decision was made to cancel the scan appointments of all concerned that afternoon.
Another classic example of the NHS in action.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Another NHS in action example.
The boss had her PCR test at her workplace at lunchtime Wednesday. I had mine at a walk in centre in Wakefield at 3pm, same day. Youngest daughter had hers in a walk in centre at 5pm same day in Castleford.
The result out first was to my daughter yesterday at 4.30pm, then mine yesterday at 10pm - both negative, the boss still hasn't had her result back.
She has now had two days off, when and if it comes back negative, because she has no symptoms and is double jabbed, she could have been at work.
She has rung Occupational Health, who have told her that due to a backlog, it will be 72 hours after her test before they can give her her result. That should be tomorrow afternoon. It is also a Saturday and they don't work weekends.
As it is looking like Monday before she can get the result from her own NHS workplace and would be cancelling all work in advance for next week to notify patients in advance, she has now gone to a walk in test centre this morning for another one, which she hopes will give a result tomorrow latest. If it is negative, she can be back at work on Monday with no further clinic cancellations.
I would love to be a fly on the wall on Monday if her walk in result is received before that of her workplace and it is negative.
It will also be ironic, that after working frontline since the pandemic started without a single day off sick, being pinged or isolating, she has been forced to take days off due to having no test result for what will be 5 days from her own hospital lab.

juco

Coronavirus
Denmark declares it no longer considers coronavirus a ‘socially critical’ disease and lifts all Covid restrictions.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Coronavirus
Denmark lifted all covid restrictions 2 weeks ago, have they made a further announcement? A link would be useful

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
We found out today that if you are NHS staff at Wakefield you can jump through hoops to have a PCR test analysed at the lab on site at the hospital . The results will be reported within 3-5 days. No work allowed until a negative result.
However, if you attend at a walk in centre half a mile away from the hospital your sample will be sent by courier 220 miles away to Glasgow to be analysed with a report within 24 hours.
WTF is a8l that about?

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
The boss got her test result via the walk in centre and Glasgow at 4.30am this morning - a total of 16 hours. Negative.
No result from workplace after 3 days with 2 off work needlessly.
Monday morning should be fun?

enoch

Coronavirus
Infections and death's to day in Turkey. Coming down. Aren't they lucky the numbers come down when tourists start coming.!!

Screenshot_20210926_212512_com.android.chrome_compress6.jpg

Maisie

Coronavirus
Recently, due to hospital procedures, I have had three pre-booked swab tests. I have not been notified of any of the outcomes, neither has my GP's practice. All the hospital said is that if I haven't heard, then the tests were negative. Yet I had a test in December 2020 at a walk-in centre. I received email notification of negative, and also the result was sent to my GP.

Seems odd to me. Has the procedure changed and notifications are only sent out (to whom?) if the test is positive?

Maisie

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Here's one for Javid.
After the boss got her negative PCR courtesy of the walk in centre and a lab in Glasgow and displayed no Covid type symptoms anyway, she rang work up on the Monday morning, still hadn't received the result from the hospital lab and was told that as a precaution because she works with 'vulnerable' patients she should remain off work until this coming Monday.
It isn't classed as a period of sickness as it is Covid related, which means - If you have a negative PCR and no symptoms, and are double jabbed, apply this to the rest of the NHS medic staff and you can soon see why staffing levels are so low.
She has spent part of this week out jogging on a morning, filling in her application to retire next March as she has to give at least 4 months notice and is looking forward to going to Liverpool on Sunday for a VIP day out at Anfield as she is not required to isolate, as she has no Covid diagnosis, unlike her 'partner in crime', the eldest daughter who ends her isolation on Thursday to also travel to Liverpool on Sunday. There must be some sense in it somewhere Javid?

enoch

Coronavirus
Infections and deaths in turkey today. I'm sorry to say the numbers are on the rise again. They have been down to 24500 but they are back up to just under 30000 today and 227 deaths.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom