Mushroom

Coronavirus

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Coronavirus
Do we still have sceptics on here wanting to post about empty hospitals ?

Hilsjw

Coronavirus
Our daughter, in her 30's won't have the vaccine. She was due to visit an elderly aunt aged 94 who has just come out of hospital. Our two sons told her to mention it to the aunt before visiting. Understandably she does not want her to visit. Just maybe this will tell her that if you do not get vaccinated life will have many restrictions. Fingers crossed.

Maisie

Coronavirus
It slays me that there are still so many people who will not have this vaccine. Unfortunately, there are those who, for medical reasons, cannot have this vaccination. But those with a free choice, should be accepting the offer to get vaccinated. This in order to reduce the risk of them infecting others even if they do not get the virus themselves. There are many people, widely reported, who do not get infected by the virus but as carriers can pass this on.

My daugher-in-law said, right from the start, that she would not have the jab. However, she had no choice when she was told that she needed to be vaccinated in order to work in the community (she, like Mark, is a carer). I asked Mark why she would not have it, and he said it was best not to go there! I am not sure if he knows why. Still, she had both jabs. Nothing nasty happened to her - perhaps she is still waiting for an after effect. She, of all people, should have been knocking at the door as soon as she was eligible. She has asthma and cannot wear a mask - she has a credit card sized notice to this effect which she wears on a lanyard.

Down the line now since we were told that the compulsory wearing of masks was scrapped although some shops etc. may still require this. I was staggered to see how many people out and about yesterday were not wearing a mask. Sainsbury's have a sign on the door saying that wearing a mask is up to the individual. I have been attending the local hospital over the past few weeks for various tests. To a man (or woman) all staff are wearing masks, and so far as I could see most non-staff were also wearing a mask. I have to go twice next week, so it will be interesting to see if there has been any change.

Maisie

Mushroom

Coronavirus
It is also compulsory for patients and visitors to wear face masks/visors in the Mid Yorks Trust when indoors.
No mask - no entry. (with exemptions as before).
My wife wears one for 10 hours a day but there are numpties who attend and object to wearing one. If they aren't exempt they are given two choices.

enoch

Coronavirus
Not all the staff in alanya hospital have been done just found out. And the neighbour is still working in bar Street with no vaccine there all night with no mask.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Coronavirus
Our son-in-law hasn’t had his jab, serious needle phobia. My daughters response is, “you can wave me and our two sons off when we’re boarding the plane to go on holiday”.
I don't have any phobias, but when I had mine 2nd, I was distracted, never saw the needle or felt a thing, didn't even know it was done

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
I don't have any phobias, but when I had mine 2nd, I was distracted, never saw the needle or felt a thing, didn't even know it was done
His thoughts are, wait till they develop something that can be given other than by a needle. Yeah I know but I’m not prepared to fall out with him over it. His lad is 16 next week, he said the first chance he gets, he’s having it. Says his old man is stupid 😂

juco

Coronavirus
Regarding the vaccine I doubt if there are many that are just too lazy to get it so why are people so quick to condemn and divide the nation just because one has a different opinion and in their view decides not to have it.

Ones fear of catching Covid and therefore more than willing to get the vaccine can be every bit as great as ones fear for whatever reason not to take it.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Coronavirus
Regarding the vaccine I doubt if there are many that are just too lazy to get it so why are people so quick to condemn and divide the nation just because one has a different opinion and in their view decides not to have it.

Ones fear of catching Covid and therefore more than willing to get the vaccine can be every bit as great as ones fear for whatever reason not to take it.
That's fine as long as the unvaccinated don't expect the same rights of freedom and access as the vaccinated

Last edited:

Kanga

Coronavirus
I couldn't do the PADI diving course without a hepatitis jab. I wanted to do the course so paid the doc for the jab and the requisite medical. What's the problem?
I seem to remember that before going to Turkey Lebanon and Syria back in 1965 I needed a jab and had to carry the certificate in my passport.
If you go to A&E with an open wound the first thing they ask is about your tetanus jab status. Would you refuse one?
I dont see why someone else's choices should affect my freedom of choice.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom