35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
I wonder what flavours they are going to do the vaccination ID cards .... now, Boris is introducing compulsory ID cards

Boris Johnson vowed to “eat” compulsory ID if any government introduced it

Does the Prime Minister proposing ID for voting believe the law shouldn’t apply to him?

I wonder what flavours they are going to do the vaccination ID cards .... now, Boris is introducing compulsory ID cards

Boris Johnson vowed to “eat” compulsory ID if any government introduced it

Does the Prime Minister proposing ID for voting believe the law shouldn’t apply to him?

Plans, ideas, protests, do’s and don’t are changing everywhere weekly.
Even anti-vaxers who swore they wouldn’t get a jab are having to eat their own words.

Camden

Coronavirus
No real problem I would think, as they have and ask for them when visiting Africa depending on the country you must show proof of vaccination for yellow fever .

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Coronavirus
Cases have been slowly going down in the UK and they are still testing
around 1 million per day on average.

22-07-2021 29,070
21-07-2021 34,486
20-07-2021 38,836
19-07-2021 46,792
18-07-2021 35,474
17-07-2021 37,822
16-07-2021 54,193
15-07-2021 60,724
14-07-2021 53,794

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Cases have been slowly going down in the UK and they are still testing
around 1 million per day on average.

22-07-2021 29,070
21-07-2021 34,486
20-07-2021 38,836
19-07-2021 46,792
18-07-2021 35,474
17-07-2021 37,822
16-07-2021 54,193
15-07-2021 60,724
14-07-2021 53,794
From what I’ve read, starting with the so called freedom day, it should take around nine days before the numbers on cases start to rise. I don’t think it’s a case of “if” more of a case of expectation.

Kanga

Coronavirus
This was posted on another forum today. I can't find any other news sources to confirm it, but it would be great for some folks if Turkey goes into the amber list.
Only question is, how do you register it with a GP if you live in Turkey, which is apparently required to have the foreign vaccines UK approved.
Please dont ask me, I didn't write this, and I dont know how reliable yahoo news is.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Spoke to my Turkish friends again last night, both hospital workers at Didim Hospital & both in isolation.
There are 50 beds at that hospital, 25 beds are now occupied by Covid patients, I asked how many ventilators they have there.......three. Currently none are in use because their symptoms don't merit it.

enoch

Coronavirus
This was posted on another forum today. I can't find any other news sources to confirm it, but it would be great for some folks if Turkey goes into the amber list.
Only question is, how do you register it with a GP if you live in Turkey, which is apparently required to have the foreign vaccines UK approved.
Please dont ask me, I didn't write this, and I dont know how reliable yahoo news is.

Have I read this wrong turkey would have to go into the green list to do that. Because its saying France will be allowed after going into green. Sorry if I've got it wrong.

Camden

Coronavirus

The countdown has begun for the drug that defeats the Corona virus in a week​

While the vaccine studies against the Corona virus epidemic continue, many biotechnology companies have entered the final level in the studies for the drug. The Japanese company named Shionogi has started to test the drug "neutralizing the corona effect in less than a week" on humans.​

sozcu-com-tr-50x50.jpg?ver=7.7.8.jpg

NewsHealth
Translation ..
The effort to develop a drug that will reset the effects of the Corona virus is advancing at great speed in Japan… Japanese biotechnology company Shionogi, which competes with pharmaceutical companies such as Pfizer and Merck for the Covid-19 drug, announced that they have developed a drug that neutralizes the corona virus within a week, taken once a day.

The company also officially announced that the trial phase of the drug, which Covid-19 patients will take once a day for a week, has begun on humans. The Osaka-based company had previously made a name for itself in the international arena by developing the cholesterol drug Crestor. The company also announced that investigations on the side effects of the drug are continuing.

ONE DOSE PER DAY IS SUFFICIENT
In the statement, it was stated that this drug will attack the Covid-19 virus and that a single dose per day will be sufficient. The company underlined that the studies are ongoing and that the investigations on side effects may continue until next year.

On the other hand, the Wall Street Journal reminded that the corona virus drug developed by Pfizer and Merck has reached the final testing stage. The newspaper said, “Pfizer may prepare to launch its drug, which it recommends taking two doses a day, this year. A study involving more than 2,000 people is ongoing,” he commented.

ctnd

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
It said on the news this morning the The Netherlands have now had to row back on their easing of lockdowns. Night clubs etc will now have to close down again. I think we can expect the same.

Kanga

Coronavirus

enoch

Coronavirus
The turkish professor has come out and said these numbers don't reflect on the Turkish holidays yet things are going to get worse.

Screenshot_20210726_204338_com.android.chrome_compress64.jpg

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Coronavirus
Why is this guy still getting airtime even though he's been wrong on every modelling prediction.

Government Adviser Who Warned of 200,000 COVID Cases a Day Faces Scrutiny After Dramatic Fall in UK Infections​

Extract:
Ferguson got it wrong again.

Ferguson is being proven wrong by the statistics once again, which today showed there were 24,950 new coronavirus cases, the sixth consecutive daily fall.

Professor Neil Ferguson, the controversial epidemiologist who predicted there would be as many as 200,000 COVID cases a day in the UK if restrictions were lifted, is facing scrutiny after infections continued to drop for the 6th day in a row.

The day before so-called ‘freedom day’ in England, where most mask mandates and social distancing restrictions were lifted, Ferguson was asked by the BBC’s Andrew Marr where the country was heading as a result.

“It’s very difficult to say for certain, but I think 100,000 cases a day is almost inevitable,” said Ferguson, adding, “The real question is do we get to double that or higher? We could get to 200,000 cases a day.”

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Coronavirus
Why is this guy still getting airtime even though he's been wrong on every modelling prediction.

Government Adviser Who Warned of 200,000 COVID Cases a Day Faces Scrutiny After Dramatic Fall in UK Infections​

Extract:
Ferguson got it wrong again.

Ferguson is being proven wrong by the statistics once again, which today showed there were 24,950 new coronavirus cases, the sixth consecutive daily fall.

Professor Neil Ferguson, the controversial epidemiologist who predicted there would be as many as 200,000 COVID cases a day in the UK if restrictions were lifted, is facing scrutiny after infections continued to drop for the 6th day in a row.

The day before so-called ‘freedom day’ in England, where most mask mandates and social distancing restrictions were lifted, Ferguson was asked by the BBC’s Andrew Marr where the country was heading as a result.

“It’s very difficult to say for certain, but I think 100,000 cases a day is almost inevitable,” said Ferguson, adding, “The real question is do we get to double that or higher? We could get to 200,000 cases a day.”

Latest Posts

Top Bottom