enoch

Coronavirus
Number 2 daughter got 'pinged' a couple of days ago and will not now be attending the Tramlines music festival this weekend at Sheffield.
Question is though - as she still lives at home before she can get a job abroad again, should me and the boss also be isolating?
We don't have the App. We are all double jabbed.
I have a pre-arranged PCR test for next Tuesday, 3 days before a hospital procedure, the boss is told that she should work as normal if she is double jabbed and has no symptoms, otherwise the NHS will grind to a halt on 'pinging' alone.
All a bit of a mess because on the one hand, it is 'Advice' but Downing Street saying you 'Should' isolate to make Boris feel better.
Yes you should. But you will be happy no festival. The system seems to be a load of crap, my daughter got pinged at work in an office. The only one in there because someone past by the thin wall.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
The boss sent me a photo yesterday of the temperature gauge in the room where she does her scanning. It was showing 35C but importantly, the room has never had any air conditioning, despite assurances, it only has a small window to open but that is covered by a black-out curtain as she has to work in the dark, a fan is not allowed for the risk of spreading covid germs and she still has to wear a face mask and a visor during all of the 14 scans she did over 10 hours. She has to drink water all day to keep hydrated and when she finishes at about 6pm, she spends the first 5 minutes outside allowing her eyesight to adjust to the sunlight before she drives home.
I think the kids who worked up Chimneys during the Victorian era were better off.

Coronavirus
My daughter was informed yesterday via a shared assistant that plans are being put together for her & her manager to do a trip to China. Its to inspect factories where some of Aldi products are produced. Her husband is not impressed, she on the other hand is in the WHEN mode.

enoch

Coronavirus
The boss sent me a photo yesterday of the temperature gauge in the room where she does her scanning. It was showing 35C but importantly, the room has never had any air conditioning, despite assurances, it only has a small window to open but that is covered by a black-out curtain as she has to work in the dark, a fan is not allowed for the risk of spreading covid germs and she still has to wear a face mask and a visor during all of the 14 scans she did over 10 hours. She has to drink water all day to keep hydrated and when she finishes at about 6pm, she spends the first 5 minutes outside allowing her eyesight to adjust to the sunlight before she drives home.
I think the kids who worked up Chimneys during the Victorian era were better off.
In third world countries if this happened the west would say this is slave labour.

Coronavirus
My husband just had a work email. Return to the office now delayed until at least 13th September & then it will be on a trial basis with a limited number of people

View attachment 23200
I think its not so much of what can we do but more of a case of nobody knows what to do.
The kitchen sink has been thrown at this virus by all the leading countries & scientists but from what I can see.........nobody is getting anywhere.
Selfish thoughts maybe but I think its a case of looking after number one, that in itself protects others.

enoch

Coronavirus
I think its not so much of what can we do but more of a case of nobody knows what to do.
The kitchen sink has been thrown at this virus by all the leading countries & scientists but from what I can see.........nobody is getting anywhere.
Selfish thoughts maybe but I think its a case of looking after number one, that in itself protects others.
Nothing will change until the attitude of I'm all right Jack I can do what I want.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Coronavirus
Boris self isolating.....now Starmer self isolating

From @skynewsbreak
A Labour spokesman has confirmed Labour Leader Sir Keir Starmer and his family are self-isolating after one of his children tested positive for COVID-19

Coronavirus
Boris self isolating.....now Starmer self isolating

From @skynewsbreak
A Labour spokesman has confirmed Labour Leader Sir Keir Starmer and his family are self-isolating after one of his children tested positive for COVID-19

Let’s face it, the world has no idea what to do, what to try or where to go to next.
I think i’ll still be saying that after my 9th jab.

Hilsjw

Coronavirus
My daughter was informed yesterday via a shared assistant that plans are being put together for her & her manager to do a trip to China. Its to inspect factories where some of Aldi products are produced. Her husband is not impressed, she on the other hand is in the WHEN mode.
That's very interesting. If she does go and reports back as to the conditions, please let us know the outcome. We are off to Aldi this morning. Thank you.

Coronavirus
That's very interesting. If she does go and reports back as to the conditions, please let us know the outcome. We are off to Aldi this morning. Thank you.

I definitely will & my daughter is not one to hold back if she sees or thinks somethings not right (just like my good self).
Supermarkets have learnt the hard way about what labour & conditions.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
The Mid Yorks trust has announced today to all staff at Pinderfields that between 2.30pm and 7pm today as a thankyou to all staff, there will be ice cream vans outside the main building and on production of ID, they can have the choice of either an ice cream or a lolly (Not both) and only the one.
This morale booster will no doubt erase their memories of the last 16 months?

Camden

Coronavirus
The Mid Yorks trust has announced today to all staff at Pinderfields that between 2.30pm and 7pm today as a thankyou to all staff, there will be ice cream vans outside the main building and on production of ID, they can have the choice of either an ice cream or a lolly (Not both) and only the one.
This morale booster will no doubt erase their memories of the last 16 months?

I think the only "lolly" they want is in their wage packet

After recent years suffering what has been in real terms a pay cut.... and with this miserly new award ...not even meeting the expected 4% inflation rate meant to be here by the end of the year. I don't think many NHS workers were fooled by the insult to their intelligence by the leak of the disgraceful 1% supposedly as the coming rise,being just a Tory ploy to make this 3% look generous ...sic

Many nurses would prefer the "Lolly" to pay back nursing training loan since the bursaries have been stopped, and Union & registration fees, car parking etc...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom