Coronavirus
Worth pointing out that its never been claimed that having any of the vaccines stops a person from contracting Covid.
The name of the game is so that people (if they catch it) only get a milder dose of it. Infection rates are going up and down everywhere & that's to be expected, its the hospitalizations that's key. That issue screws up health systems.
Looking at the infection rise here in the UK, I think or it wouldnt surprise me if the 21st travel date was kicked into touch........not forgetting, if its rising here, then other countries might not even want the Brits there..........oh I forgot, there is a money issue lol

I remember the "investigation" over cruise ships at the start of this pandemic. By all accounts they knew Covid was onboard but continued to allow passengers to disembark at every port they visited.

juco

Coronavirus
Of the 42 people that have died from the delta variant in the UK, they have announced today that 12 of them were fully vaccinated. Not good
More fear mongering, I said back in 2020 you wouldn't get holidays in 2020 and dont book for 2021 and I will say now 2022 wont be any better, those in fear that have joined the merry go round will never get off. They will keep having new variants when it suits with no medical evidence or debates to back it up, while they screw your freedom, the NHS, your childrens education, Jobs, the economy.

Each to their own on this but it wont mess up my life I am well past worrying about it. They will keep kicking the can up the street until you except it as normal.

The public have largely done what has been asked of them including taking experimental vaccines for 18 months now and still we need more lockdowns, wearing masks and even more vaccines and always a carrot being dangled that gives hope but never happens.

Last edited:

juco

Coronavirus
Be aware that they are now talking (Russia & Spain) that those vaccinated may not be able to fly due to a higher risk of blood clots!
Is this turning in to a `get vaccinated to fly` and now `vaccinated and cant fly`
As they say no smoke without fire.

Coronavirus
Listening to the radio, it seems that they are getting us prepared for not opening as indicated. To be fair, the P.M. will be damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. We shall have to wait until this coming Monday.

I think every Governments leaders are in the same position & no doubt every Opposition Parties will know better.
I think most of us know the score by now.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Coronavirus

Turkey lowers coronavirus vaccine eligibility age to 40​

Extract:
Turkey has lowered the vaccine eligibility age to 40, the Turkish health minister announced on June 13.

“If you are 40 or older, you can make an appointment as of this morning. We expect 100% participation,” Fahrettin Koca wrote on Twitter.

Koca said earlier that nearly 450,000 coronavirus vaccine doses were administrated on June 12.

“A total of 449,684 vaccine jabs given on Saturday, June 12. 99.485% of those who made an appointment for vaccination came and had their vaccines,” he said.

“We are one step closer to normal life. Thanks,” he added.

Camden

Coronavirus
Glad to see British ingenuity at its best, in these Post Brexit days. Let's hope the design team and manufacture aren't snapped up by some foreign company....

Ceiling-mounted Covid infection detector developed by British scientists​

The sensor is being hailed as a potential boon for screening in aircraft cabins, classrooms, care homes and offices.

The Sunday Times reports the highly-accurate device, slightly larger than a smoke alarm, is being hailed as a potential boon for screening in aircraft cabins, classrooms, care homes and offices.
Early studies by scientists at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and Durham University have shown the device has an accuracy of 98-100%, making is as reliable as gold-standard PCR lab-based Covid-19 tests and considerably more so than quick lateral flow tests.

Last edited:

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Just as a reminder for the 'invincibles' we have in the UK who have not yet had vaccinations and aren't adhering to common sense as the virus' only kills old people' - My daughter received the news last night that her friend and former work colleague, aged 32 with 3 kids and no underlying health conditions died in hospital yesterday. He had only been admitted a few days ago and as a fit bloke it came as a massive shock.
Our two receive their second jabs on Friday and that will please me greatly.

juco

Coronavirus
The next round of figure manipulation....
The NHS have admitted the Covid deaths were inflated by using incidental testing while in hospital, so now they are going to split the WITH and OF regarding deaths. This will bring the figures down and allow them to boast about the great success of the vaccine.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Coronavirus
The next round of figure manipulation....
The NHS have admitted the Covid deaths were inflated by using incidental testing while in hospital, so now they are going to split the WITH and OF regarding deaths. This will bring the figures down and allow them to boast about the great success of the vaccine.

Is that bringing it in line with how other countries are counting?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom