Camden

Coronavirus
Tory appointed Dido Harding spent £37 billion test and trace which is estimated would have been the same cost to vaccinate the world.

Where on earth was the money spent ? And what should happen to the person that managed this expensive fiasco the taxpayer will pay for ?

The app didn't work
Contact tracers weren't tracing enough contacts
Self-isolation compliance has been low
The target to turnaround results for face to face tests has never been met
Initial costs were 22 Billion with a further 15 billion given some consultants are paid more than £6,000 a day

So what should happen to the Tory Appointed person Dido Harding who mismanaged this task we ask ? Demoted ? Disgraced ? NO...with a nod from Boris .... she is in the running to.....

Dido Harding to head the NHS?​

She presided over the test-and-trace debacle. But it seems Boris Johnson is hellbent on embedding Torydom

2782.jpg
‘How compliant would Dido Harding be? In the Lords, she has never voted against the government.’

They can shrink the state with fiscal austerity, but they can diminish it, too, by imposing state-shrinkers on its controlling heights. Not since the Victorians abolished patronage with open competition has any government so ruthlessly ushered its placemen into every nook and cranny of the public realm.

To appoint Dido Harding as NHS England chief executive – she told the BBC’s Woman’s Hour that she’s considering applying – would signal a slide back to the dark ages of influence.

With a Downing Street nod, she’s in the running. From the world of business, with no NHS experience, she was made chair of NHS Improvement, overseeing all trusts. Again, without contest, she was put in charge of the test-and-trace project, possibly the most notorious public administration disaster in living memory.

Last edited:

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Tory appointed Dido Harding spent £37 billion test and trace which is estimated would have been the cost to vaccinate the world.

Where on earth was the money spent ? And what should happen to the person that managed this expensive fiasco the taxpayer will pay for ?

The app didn't work
Contact tracers weren't tracing enough contacts
Self-isolation compliance has been low
The target to turnaround results for face to face tests has never been met
Initial costs were 22 Billion with a further 15 billion given some consultants are paid more than £6,000 a day

So what should happen to the Tory Appointed person Dido Harding who mismanaged this task we ask ? Demoted ? Disgraced ? NO...with a nod from Boris .... she is in the running to.....

Dido Harding to head the NHS?​

She presided over the test-and-trace debacle. But it seems Boris Johnson is hellbent on embedding Torydom

View attachment 22611
‘How compliant would Dido Harding be? In the Lords, she has never voted against the government.’

They can shrink the state with fiscal austerity, but they can diminish it, too, by imposing state-shrinkers on its controlling heights. Not since the Victorians abolished patronage with open competition has any government so ruthlessly ushered its placemen into every nook and cranny of the public realm.

To appoint Dido Harding as NHS England chief executive – she told the BBC’s Woman’s Hour that she’s considering applying – would signal a slide back to the dark ages of influence.

With a Downing Street nod, she’s in the running. From the world of business, with no NHS experience, she was made chair of NHS Improvement, overseeing all trusts. Again, without contest, she was put in charge of the test-and-trace project, possibly the most notorious public administration disaster in living memory.

Well that's just sunk the Conservatives chances of winning any forthcoming byelections.

enoch

Coronavirus
Cumhuriyet daily news today people are still getting sick after the Sinovac vaccine. So us oldies are not out of the woods yet.

enoch

Coronavirus
Do you have a link please?
I hope it still works.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
I hope it still works.

Fear not Enoch, it’ll work.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Coronavirus
ukraineBusinessNews.jpg

🔵 With Ukraine reporting the lowest number of coronavirus cases in nearly a year, all 24 regions are now listed ‘green,’ the Health Ministry said yesterday. Restrictions have been eased to allow restaurants to serve indoors all night and cinemas and theaters to operate at two thirds capacity.

🔵 In advisories to international travelers, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention yesterday promoted Ukraine to ‘Level 3’ – the same level as the United States. Ukraine now recognizes English language vaccination certificates as valid for entry into the country.

🔵 With new air shipments of vaccines arriving in Kyiv daily, vaccination centers have opened in Kyiv and 13 other cities. Kyiv residents can register online for free vaccinations on weekends at the International Exhibition Center 15A Brovarskyi Avenue using the Diia app and Helsi.me, an online service for booking doctor appointments. So far, 1.2 million Ukrainians have received their first vaccine dose, and 152,142 have received both doses. On Monday, President Biden promised President Zelenskiy to deliver 900,000 vaccine doses to Ukraine.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Coronavirus
It was only a few days back that France announced all visitors from the UK must quarantine. Changed yesterday to those who have had the two jabs can now visit without quarantine................ITS HOLIDAY TIME, its all about the money.
If any country sees fit to welcome all, then the ALL should do their own homework to see what they're walking into. We've all got ways of getting the info.
How have we got ways of getting the info? IMHO all countries are declaring numbers that suit their political agenda. I have not got a clue how to find the actual figures for my local town in Turkey.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
How have we got ways of getting the info? IMHO all countries are declaring numbers that suit their political agenda. I have not got a clue how to find the actual figures for my local town in Turkey.

Certainly in the UK we can get localised news. If people are not sure about their own locations then I would suggest that the continue their lives like this virus is still rife amongst them.
Could be that there’s even more coming down the line. The WHO again puts the warnings out.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Coronavirus
Certainly in the UK we can get localised news. If people are not sure about their own locations then I would suggest that the continue their lives like this virus is still rife amongst them.
Could be that there’s even more coming down the line. The WHO again puts the warnings out.

My point is that none of the numbers reflect the reality. I was talking to a Turkish chap recently whose family are working in healthcare, the hospitals are relatively full, it does not reflect the numbers released to the press.

Top Bottom