Kanga

Coronavirus
Nothing hospitality -linked open in Wales until 26th. I'd just like someone else to do a meal for a change.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
In the UK on Monday, they were out in swarms at the outside of pubs at 5pm, as if they hadn't had beer before. Social distancing wasn't very good but they were out to prove a point. Yesterday, it was much quieter and a friend of mine remarked that the reality of the situation is that having gone OTT on Monday, they had realised yesterday that if they want to sit outdoors with a drink when it is only currently about 11C daytime, they might as well pay half the pub price by buying from a supermarket and sit at home in the garden with a few mates.
I also observed that it might be the case that having had that one occasion, not only cheaper supermarket drinks come into the equation but also the daunting prospect for those on the paid holiday known as furlough that it's days are numbered and with it possibly their jobs, so spending it all on beer might not be paramount in their thoughts?

I did think we were starting to break the back of this virus here in the UK.
The warning from Boris couldn’t have been any clearer. It’s still here & it’s still deadly, caution should still be number one by everyone.

Mushroom

Coronavirus
There was something on the news today to say the scientists believe mixing the vaccinations, ie 1 jab - Astra, then 2nd jab A,N. Other may improve immune strength to resist Covid. They were requesting volunteers, so I have just signed up.
Preliminary results from current volunteers will be known in the next couple of months but it will be a year before the full test results will be known.
If I am selected before my 2nd jab was scheduled for 16th May, I don't mind doing my bit.
If however it goes wrong and I end up typing with my nose, I will let you know.

enoch

Coronavirus
Tests today in Turkey 310420
Infections with symptoms 2802
Infections with out symptoms 62797
Deaths 279
Recoveries 55423
They wonder why Russia has stopped holidays.

Kalkan regular

The Golden Girls
Coronavirus
Our local pub here in the UK opened their outside area on Monday with amazing arrangements. Yes it was full but all tables were over 2 meters from all others and you couldn't move the furniture or mix with another table. Table service only, entry to the toilets inside (the only reason to go inside) was controlled and you had to wear a mask so social distance ensured. Everyone had to log on to track & trace before getting into the garden via the outside entrance or sign in if you hadn't a smart phone (and 95% loged on from my observation). No one tried to breach the rules (if you had the landlord would have been on it as he does not want another lock down) and were so happy to have this level of release from the lock down of the last 160 days that the pubs have been closed. My husband said the cask beer was amazing.

enoch

Coronavirus
I just hope with what is happening in Turkey now doesn't comeback on the over 65s for looking after themselves, and get ill with this religious festival..

Kalkan regular

The Golden Girls
Coronavirus
From what I've seen in the last few days I think our local community have all understood the sacrifices that have been made by everyone and are not wanting to do anything that will take us backwards. We live in an area of several very large interlinked villages which I think might make a difference as we all know families and businesses that have paid a price. I had a glass of wine with my daughter at another local pub on Monday, it was very busy but all the covid rules were in place and there was no attempt to breach them. It may of course be different in towns and cities.

juco

Coronavirus
Our local pub here in the UK opened their outside area on Monday with amazing arrangements. Yes it was full but all tables were over 2 meters from all others and you couldn't move the furniture or mix with another table. Table service only, entry to the toilets inside (the only reason to go inside) was controlled and you had to wear a mask so social distance ensured. Everyone had to log on to track & trace before getting into the garden via the outside entrance or sign in if you hadn't a smart phone (and 95% loged on from my observation). No one tried to breach the rules (if you had the landlord would have been on it as he does not want another lock down) and were so happy to have this level of release from the lock down of the last 160 days that the pubs have been closed. My husband said the cask beer was amazing.
Some will agree others disagree but under those conditions I will never set foot in a pub or restaurant again.

Saoirse

Coronavirus
Chances of tourism for Turkey this year seem more remote by the day
Mate just had his Easyjet flights mid June Scotland to Dalaman canceled

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Coronavirus
Chances of tourism for Turkey this year seem more remote by the day
Mate just had his Easyjet flights mid June Scotland to Dalaman canceled
Our June 12th flight to Kos has also been cancelled so possibly across the board cancellations

Mushroom

Coronavirus
We won't be making any bookings anywhere until we are satisfied that first of all the booking will be possible and safe.
Too many advance plans to go by the wayside just now.

Mushroom

Coronavirus
The boss arrived home tonight after a 12 hour day for the NHS to be informed that she has to complete a training and assessment module online within 3 days regarding diversity, bame, transgender and fluid or whatever.
Her first comment was - after 13 months of everyone pulling together in this pandemic, who really has a problem with their particular requirements?
If she answers that on her assessment, she will fail.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom