Camden

Coronavirus

In Turkey ......Eyes on the cabinet: Will there be complete closure? (translation)

Measures to be taken due to the increase in Covid-19 cases will be announced after the cabinet meeting today.

The Scientific Committee presented alternative suggestions to the cabinet. It is stated that a complete closure is on the agenda.

New measures to be taken due to the increase in corona virus (Covid-19) cases will be determined today at the cabinet meeting chaired by President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

Cabinet meeting will be held today at 15.00 in Beştepe. At the meeting, the precautionary recommendations prepared at the Scientific Committee meeting held yesterday will be discussed. While many experts called for a 28-day closure, Health Minister Fahrettin Koca announced that they were discussing alternatives, including full closure, after the Scientific Committee meeting yesterday. Koca said, "The Scientific Committee made an alternative preparation in a general comprehensive manner, especially in this context, as of tomorrow, with the start of Ramadan, what kind of measures could be taken and what our suggestions could be. In that context, Mr. President said that they will announce the decisions taken when they see fit.

enoch

Coronavirus

In Turkey ......Eyes on the cabinet: Will there be complete closure? (translation)

Measures to be taken due to the increase in Covid-19 cases will be announced after the cabinet meeting today.

The Scientific Committee presented alternative suggestions to the cabinet. It is stated that a complete closure is on the agenda.

New measures to be taken due to the increase in corona virus (Covid-19) cases will be determined today at the cabinet meeting chaired by President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

Cabinet meeting will be held today at 15.00 in Beştepe. At the meeting, the precautionary recommendations prepared at the Scientific Committee meeting held yesterday will be discussed. While many experts called for a 28-day closure, Health Minister Fahrettin Koca announced that they were discussing alternatives, including full closure, after the Scientific Committee meeting yesterday. Koca said, "The Scientific Committee made an alternative preparation in a general comprehensive manner, especially in this context, as of tomorrow, with the start of Ramadan, what kind of measures could be taken and what our suggestions could be. In that context, Mr. President said that they will announce the decisions taken when they see fit.

I'm sorry to say a complete closure is what is needed but I won't hold my breath.

Camden

Coronavirus

: Turkey Cabinet Meeting is over! (translation)

Highlights from President Erdogan's speech:

We start the normalization process by loosening the measures whenever we find the opportunity. We are in the first places in the world with a total of 19 million in vaccination. In cases where our number of cases and deaths increase, we are obliged to tighten the measures.
Recently, the increasing number of cases and deaths, especially in big cities, has led us to tighten the measures again. We could not stand by this trend.

In the first two weeks of the month of Ramadan, we are moving on to partial closure by tightening the measures a little more. If we cannot achieve the improvement at the rate we target in the two-week period, it will become inevitable that much harsher applications will follow

The weekday curfews have been updated as 19.00 in the morning to 05.00 in the morning.

Alternating and flexible work will be re-expanded in the public sector, ending at 16:00. (In the public) Pregnant women, those with chronic diseases, and female personnel with children under 10 years of age will be considered on administrative leave.

Except for 8th and 12th grades and pre-school education institutions, all levels will continue their activities with distance education.

All activities held in closed areas have been postponed until after the festival. Hotels will serve only with their own customers.

Mass iftar and similar organizations cannot be held at home.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Just watched Boris say it as I've expected it to be. Numbers of infections & deaths will rise here in the UK now the lockdown is being eased. Its up to the public now to play the game.......its not party time.

Ian2006

Coronavirus
Interesting - the US have advised to “pause” giving the Janssen vaccine as there have been blots clots in the US in a small number of women aged 18-48.
This is a viral vector (genetically modified virus) as is the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine.

I believe the Russian Sputnik vaccine is also a viral vector - any odds on Putin telling us if they have noticed any clotting issues in young women - not a chance.

However, there are some who are happy to let him “ride to the rescue in the EU” and only a few months down the line will we see if clotting incidents happen in all viral vector vaccines.

Covid-19: US agencies call for pause in Johnson & Johnson vaccine Covid-19: US agencies call for pause in Johnson & Johnson vaccine

enoch

Coronavirus
Tests today in Turkey 306563
Infections with symptoms 2723
Infections with no symptoms 59187
Deaths 273
Recoveries 52104

Time for a shut down,and I think the worst is to come with out a shut down. And a ban on family parties.

Ian2006

Coronavirus
Ian name me a vaccine which is 100% safe and effective
I agree totally - which is why the hullabaloo (is that the right word!) about the Oxford A/E vaccine in Europe was ridiculous and life threatening.
Get as many people vaccinated as possible and get back to some form of new normal as quickly as possible whilst accepting that some groups will need an alternative treatment - but get it done!!!

Incidentally I had open heart surgery just under 2 years ago - the surgeon said to me in answering one of my questions “we generally have 1.5 fatalities per 100 within 30 days of the procedure but if you don’t have it you probably won’t last 2 years even though you look fit, feel fit and have just driven all over Spain & Portugal for 3 months!” - I was happy to take those odds - give me 10 in a million next time and I’ll bite your hand off !!!

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Interesting - the US have advised to “pause” giving the Janssen vaccine as there have been blots clots in the US in a small number of women aged 18-48.
This is a viral vector (genetically modified virus) as is the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine.

I believe the Russian Sputnik vaccine is also a viral vector - any odds on Putin telling us if they have noticed any clotting issues in young women - not a chance.

However, there are some who are happy to let him “ride to the rescue in the EU” and only a few months down the line will we see if clotting incidents happen in all viral vector vaccines.

Covid-19: US agencies call for pause in Johnson & Johnson vaccine Covid-19: US agencies call for pause in Johnson & Johnson vaccine

TBH Ian, if the Russian vaccine gets the green light then I do hope they ride into Europe’s rescue. At the moment Europe needs all/any help it can get.

Mushroom

Coronavirus
Tonight in Turkey, according to BBC news, Medics have accused RTE of having blood on his hands after it has been revealed that hospitals are struggling to cope with the rise in infections and Turkey's infection rate is the same as India but India has 16 times the population.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
No Governments decision makers have come out with any credence over this virus, they had no idea how to deal with it & TBF some, even many, still don't. The only escape hatch for world leaders is, its the same story everywhere else.
We now hear whispers of Covid vaccines being produced year on year just to tackle these current waves.........smells like theres more to come.

Mushroom

Coronavirus
In the UK on Monday, they were out in swarms at the outside of pubs at 5pm, as if they hadn't had beer before. Social distancing wasn't very good but they were out to prove a point. Yesterday, it was much quieter and a friend of mine remarked that the reality of the situation is that having gone OTT on Monday, they had realised yesterday that if they want to sit outdoors with a drink when it is only currently about 11C daytime, they might as well pay half the pub price by buying from a supermarket and sit at home in the garden with a few mates.
I also observed that it might be the case that having had that one occasion, not only cheaper supermarket drinks come into the equation but also the daunting prospect for those on the paid holiday known as furlough that it's days are numbered and with it possibly their jobs, so spending it all on beer might not be paramount in their thoughts?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom