Camden

Coronavirus
Camden said :.... No need CHIPS the Good Law Project is already challenging through the courts the Tory corruption and enrichment of others, during our misery of Covid,and through their un- tendered Covid contracts.......... You may be stupid enough to want some Spanish middle man to be enriched with £ 21 million of your taxes, but not me....

So how’s the challenge going? I only ask because your link is dated Nov 2020. .......Typical Labour activist, always looking backwards 😂

. Brexit is done. Labour are shagged and the Tories are in command, even if I personally can't stand them.

Ex7-DZ0a-WEAQ-d-GJ.jpg

go to updates page...

Last edited:

Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
I must submit an admission in relation to this story
I am addicted to Ketchup
Have been since I was a kid when my parents were disgusted by my love of Ketchup sandwiches right through to present day when my long suffering wife is disgusted by me adding ketchup to such meals as Chinese and Indian ones

For the record the food item which I add Ketchup to which seems to revolt the most number of people is rice krispie home bake buns
I wish this wasn't true but sadly it it is
End of confession

Camden

Coronavirus

not a good look... surely be on the red list

Turkey tops Europe for COVID-19 infections as cases reach record high

COVID-19 cases in Turkey hit a daily 49,584 on Tuesday, the highest figure since the beginning of the pandemic.

Daily infections have doubled in a little over two weeks, meaning Turkey now tops European countries for daily infections and ranks second worldwide after India, according to data provided by Worldometer
.https://ahvalnews.com/turkey-covid-19/turkey-tops-europe-covid-19-infections-cases-reach-record-high

rsz_screenshot_2021-04-07_at_093515.png

enoch

Coronavirus

not a good look... surely be on the red list

Turkey tops Europe for COVID-19 infections as cases reach record high

COVID-19 cases in Turkey hit a daily 49,584 on Tuesday, the highest figure since the beginning of the pandemic.

Daily infections have doubled in a little over two weeks, meaning Turkey now tops European countries for daily infections and ranks second worldwide after India, according to data provided by Worldometer
.https://ahvalnews.com/turkey-covid-19/turkey-tops-europe-covid-19-infections-cases-reach-record-high

View attachment 21689
You cannot compare turkish death rate with any because they work that out differently. If people die with no testing they put it down to infectious diseases. Some of the figures that came out earlier in Istanbul the infectious drseased were more than double the covid deaths

Coronavirus
Hmmmm

So Johnson emphatic denials re blood clots may have been more porkies......

TBF Philip, Boris was only repeating what the scientists and Doctors were telling us all. What’s more, I would still have the AstraZeneca tomorrow if I wasn’t already tied into the Pfizer.
I’m a bit surprised no reporter on these Q & A have asked about any adverse data relating to the Pfizer vaccine, that’s if there is any of course.

enoch

Coronavirus
I thought something must be wrong not publishing today's results now I know why
Bad news
Tests 302108
54740 infections no symptoms
2203 with symptoms
Deaths 276.

Mushroom

Coronavirus
The incident rate from the Astra jab and blood clots are so miniscule they barely register.
Now, maybe I'm cynical but by suggesting it shouldn't be given to under 30's and diverting them to Pfizer or Moderna it is a delaying tactic to hold back the historically rule breaking under 30s from being vaccinated as quick as they would be had they had Astra jabs.
Without ALL the adult population fully vaccinated, Boris and Co can amend the road map to suit and we can't argue.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Coronavirus
The incident rate from the Astra jab and blood clots are so miniscule they barely register.
Now, maybe I'm cynical but by suggesting it shouldn't be given to under 30's and diverting them to Pfizer or Moderna it is a delaying tactic to hold back the historically rule breaking under 30s from being vaccinated as quick as they would be had they had Astra jabs.
Without ALL the adult population fully vaccinated, Boris and Co can amend the road map to suit and we can't argue.
Or Moderna is here, Pfizer is accessible but the AZ is tight for first shots, and needing to follow up with 2nd shots is priority

Mushroom

Coronavirus
Or Moderna is here, Pfizer is accessible but the AZ is tight for first shots, and needing to follow up with 2nd shots is priority
There's a plan being applied somewhere along the line. I will see how it pans out.
Meanwhile today, a 91 year old is having his second jab 14 weeks after his first due to an administrative cock up and only after intervention from his family.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Coronavirus
There's a plan being applied somewhere along the line. I will see how it pans out.
Meanwhile today, a 91 year old is having his second jab 14 weeks after his first due to an administrative cock up and only after intervention from his family.
Up here it seems about 8 weeks, we have 3 weeks left to go if that's the case, we don't get a card with an appointment for no 2

Ian2006

Coronavirus
Best comment on the radio yesterday from a learned professor was “the chances of a 18-29 year old dying from one of these clots is exactly the same as them getting in a car and having a fatal accident - I don’t see many refusing to get in a car” - sums up the scrutiny that we have on this issue - which is no bad thing and it is right to offer alternatives wherever appropriate and safer - BUT - let’s keep it in context.

Mushroom

Coronavirus
The Mid Yorks Trust board has contacted each employee, and I think that is about 13,000 to inform them that as a thank you and to show their gratitude, they are going to make a one-off payment to each employee who was there from last February to the current date, and additionally send them a medal !!
This has naturally started for some to question why the bean counter gets the same as the ICU nurse etc, but without thinking as I do that you need little cogs as well as big ones to make the machinery work.
What we have been discussing since this 'news' emerged last night, is that the medal is a bit of a joke but hey ho, it might be worth £5 on the Antiques Roadshow in about 80 years time.
The other side of the gesture is what has raised a point for us.
The £100 payment is subject to Income tax and National Insurance and whilst there are some low paid workers who are part time, so may therefore receive the amount in full, they have been told that if they receive Universal Credit, it will be affected and may be better requesting that they are excluded from receiving it !!
Then, those who are on the lower tax threshold will lose about £32 of the £100, those on the higher tax threshold can say goodbye to more than 50% of it.
My suggestion, which the boss agrees and is attempting to put the suggestion forward, is that instead of returning a big chunk of what is ultimately from the budget provided by the government back to the government, all employees should be asked to consider making the £100 a Charitable donation under Gift aid, to any charities of their choice and that way the £100 would generate a a 25% uplift from Boris and Co, if I am correct.
It is naturally, personal choice, but when just over the road from Pinderfields hospital, there is a Hospice which has been battered over the past year for funding during Covid, along with many other charities suffering the same, we would prefer to send this unexpected 'present' in it's entirety, rather than it pay for a takeaway and a bottle of wine.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom