enoch

Coronavirus
From the ministry of health. The people who have the mutant uk strain of Covid-19 will not be checked again if they have no symptoms after 10 days . In other words go forth and multiply.

enoch

Coronavirus
More good news infections up more than 2000 today to. 13215 +766 with symptoms so a total of 13972 but why worry everywhere is open.

enoch

Coronavirus
14556 infections today including 801 with symptoms. In Turkey to day but the deaths are down let's hope they stop down.

juco

Coronavirus
My local hospital has Hospital has 25 wards, 16 operating theatres and 4000 rooms with 860 beds/day care spaces across an area the size of 9 football pitches and covers a large swathe of central Scotland. Information for the area since last March has been the usual overworked NHS, save the NHS and hundreds if not thousands catching Covid 19, loads of testing and new test centres opening up.

In other words people have been scared witless.

4 Nurses who work there have stated it has never been so quiet!
So a Freedom of Information request was made regarding the numbers that died OF Covid for the period March 2020 to dec 2020, thats 9 months…..the answer back from the hospital was 10.

That’s 10 in almost a year.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Coronavirus
My local hospital has Hospital has 25 wards, 16 operating theatres and 4000 rooms with 860 beds/day care spaces across an area the size of 9 football pitches and covers a large swathe of central Scotland. Information for the area since last March has been the usual overworked NHS, save the NHS and hundreds if not thousands catching Covid 19, loads of testing and new test centres opening up.

So a Freedom of Information request was made regarding the numbers that died OF Covid for the period March 2020 to dec 2020, thats 9 months…..the answer back from the hospital was 10.

Brilliant shows how hard they worked and how effective treatments were .
Steve

Mushroom

Coronavirus
'The large swathe of Scotland' caters for what density and volume of population in towns and cities please? The hospital can be as big a they come but if there are more sheep than people in that large swathe and other more dense populations have opted to use other hospitals for treating Covid patients, then it has obviously been used for the routine hospital procedures and not earmarked for treating Covid patients.

Coronavirus
These vaccines seem to be doing the business but I’m wondering, what part the lockdown is also playing towards the reduction in deaths?

Mushroom

Coronavirus
These vaccines seem to be doing the business but I’m wondering, what part the lockdown is also playing towards the reduction in deaths?
Lockdown, when applied and conformed to, plays a big part in reducing infections and deaths. If you look at the winter 2020/2021 figures for seasonal flu which usually wipes out thousands in the UK, the figures are amazingly low.
If we are clear of lockdown restrictions next winter, and I say IF, then the flu figures will return to their usual numbers.

Coronavirus
Lockdown, when applied and conformed to, plays a big part in reducing infections and deaths. If you look at the winter 2020/2021 figures for seasonal flu which usually wipes out thousands in the UK, the figures are amazingly low.
If we are clear of lockdown restrictions next winter, and I say IF, then the flu figures will return to their usual numbers.

My thought was, the easing of the current lockdown might give us some indication on how good these vaccines actually are. At the moment it’s lockdown/vaccine, hard to split which of those is contributing more to the lowering of numbers all round.

Kanga

Coronavirus
I really find the death figures puzzling, because the official numbers they give out daily always say this is the number of deaths from any cause where someone has died within 28 days of a positive coronavirus test. Any cause. . . .
Also today I read in the Times today that the numbers of deaths at home are significantly higher than normal, up by 2/5ths. That's 40%, which is huge, so what is really happening? The week ending Feb 26th recorded 1147 home deaths. There have been 50,810 MORE than usual deaths at home since the beginning of the pandemic. There's no breakdown of the causes of those deaths and of course many people would prefer to die at home, from whatever illness, but that's also a sign that there may not be enough resources to support nursing /medical care in the community to help patients pull through.

Camden

Coronavirus

From your description you must be talking about the Forth Valley Royal Hospital ? I don't understand why you didn't mention it. As the NHS staff should be commended for the exceptional care, if as you state they have kept Covid deaths down to only 10 in a year, especially so in one of Scotland's no 1 Covid Hotspots ... Forth Valley.....

But must say I have some concerns, with the validity of the claim.

Are you sure the Freedom of Information reply from the Hospital stated 10 dead ? ( a link would allay any concerns)

or did the Hospital as usual bat off the question by giving a link to Scottish statistics office...?

Also the 4 nurses claim " it's not busy" I think reflects only the present improving Covid cases status of the hospital, but not the reality or context of what they have been through at the peak, shown in the history of Firestorm of Covid cases.

More reflective of what The Forth Valley NHS staff have been through I would think on reports ... When a representative said 3-4 weeks ago "We’re seeing whole families wiped out by this terrible, terrible virus,” says Hilary Nelson, an intensive care unit (ICU) nurse at Forth Valley Royal Hospital, in Larbert, central Scotland. “

Hilary Nelson said many colleagues were exhausted even before the third Covid wave arrived. When asked how she and her nursing colleagues are coping she said some people simply have not and signed off work for weeks with work-related stress or anxiety. “They’re broken. Some nurses want to leave the profession. One person I know had a member of her team ring her at 2am saying ‘I can’t do this anymore’. We’ve seen a lot of our colleagues have Covid, nurses at other hospitals have died. We all hold each other up on a daily basis.”

Which as seen in reports can change back overnight as seen a few weeks ago with cases doubling in the hospital in 48hrs ...
But that's not the case everywhere, and here in Forth Valley Royal, clinicians are worried they're starting to see the worst of this wave.

FVRH Senior charge nurse Heather Riddoch says that earlier in the week things had started to get quieter

We really felt things had taken a good turn. However, in the last 48 hours we have doubled the number of patients admitted with Covid and it's been quite shocking at how quickly that rapid turnover has happened.
"We have actually had to open up another ward and it's a massive change from the beginning of the week
"Covid in Scotland: 'Shocking' to see more people in 30s in ICU

Last edited:

Mushroom

Coronavirus
Apparently the infection rates are on the rise in 3/4 of the European countries as well.
Looking like Northumberland again this year. At least until September.

Coronavirus
Still playing the blame game. They ****** up, they managed to put the fear of Christ into people over the AstraZeneca vaccine, they have supplies sitting in fridges, try getting those vaccines into people’s arms instead of complaining.

enoch

Coronavirus
Just watch TR24 about turkish tourism asking what happens if infections rise again for tourists coming, they said they had a back up plan tourists from Asia and the Arab States. But no question about infections on the rise in turkey and what would they do about tourists being stopped from coming.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom