Camden

Coronavirus
"Surely you don't want some unkind people thinking you may not have said it a white lie I would assume"

WOW the very thought of that will keep me awake tonight. I've said it, those who think its a lie are entitled to think what they like.

Now, just who should the Italian people be blaming over their lack of vaccine supplies, their Government or the EU Commission?

Huh! you want someone to answer when you simply can't or won't ?

Last edited:

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Huh! you want someone to answer when you simply can't ?
Its you doing the asking Camden not me, I know what I've posted, the fact that you haven't read it is down to you.
The idea was good by the Commission & the "plus four" but the execution was abysmal. The reason for the road they took was, because some of the poorer members couldn't compete financially on their own on the purchasing the vaccines. That to me seems a reasonable excuse, its what happened thereafter that became the fault line. Once the Commission took charge they started to pat themselves on back, four EU member states had already done the groundwork for themselves & opened it up for others to join..........thats when the Commission stepped in.

Camden

Coronavirus
Its you doing the asking Camden.... not me, I know what I've posted, the fact that you haven't read it is down to you.

Its seems you don't, know what you post ... a question mark normally denotes the expectation of an answer... and your last post had one. Keep digging ...

Camden

Coronavirus

Turkish Health professional organizations call : vaccination needs to be mandatory for normalization

Representatives of the healthcare professional organization said in a statement regarding the 're-normalization' decision, "The 'new controlled normalization' decision is an early decision and vaccination and precautions are mandatory for these controlled steps."

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Its seems you don't, know what you post ... a question mark normally denotes the expectation of an answer... and your last post had one. Keep digging ...

Errr it’s fair to say, it’s you who doesn’t know what I’ve posted, as said it’s you doing the asking, not me.
The Commission didn’t just mess up, they wrecked procurement and roll out AND YET, they still think they’ve done a great job. It was that great that member states are shopping for vaccines from Russia and China.

Mushroom

Coronavirus
This pandemic has been challenging to say the least and particularly for staff in the NHS. I include every employee in that comment because they have all gone the extra mile often back filling for those who have been moved to other tasks to do their bit.
On the frontline, there has now been one year of treating or dealing with Covid patients or protecting themselves every day from the dangers that exist.
I wondered yesterday why Rishi made no mention of the NHS but today all became apparent.
Because he has given away the tax payers money in all directions including those who are having the furlough - longest redundancy notice and terms ever, the fraudsters who have been unchecked and taken the tax payers for about a billion and paid many teachers full pay for doing very little over the past year, not to mention the tenders worth tens of millions to cronies, the government is going to reward the NHS workers with a derisory 1% pay rise as a thankyou for their efforts.
I broke the news tonight to my wife as she had completed her 11 hours on the frontline and all she could say was that she can retire in a matter of months but many others will leave and won't be replaced. Not a good result?

Camden

Coronavirus
This pandemic has been challenging to say the least and particularly for staff in the NHS. I include every employee in that comment because they have all gone the extra mile often back filling for those who have been moved to other tasks to do their bit.
On the frontline, there has now been one year of treating or dealing with Covid patients or protecting themselves every day from the dangers that exist.
I wondered yesterday why Rishi made no mention of the NHS but today all became apparent.
Because he has given away the tax payers money in all directions including those who are having the furlough - longest redundancy notice and terms ever, the fraudsters who have been unchecked and taken the tax payers for about a billion and paid many teachers full pay for doing very little over the past year, not to mention the tenders worth tens of millions to cronies, the government is going to reward the NHS workers with a derisory 1% pay rise as a thankyou for their efforts.
I broke the news tonight to my wife as she had completed her 11 hours on the frontline and all she could say was that she can retire in a matter of months but many others will leave and won't be replaced. Not a good result?

You were right Mushroom when we discussed before, nothing like the 12% to 15% will ever be forthcoming from this Tory Govt their hand clapping was only virtue signalling for the cameras ... He not only failed to support healthcare workers on the front line but surreptitiously clawed money out from NHS Budget..

Evpd-WFSXYAYr-SQl (1).jpg

@AngelaRayner
After clapping for them in front of the TV cameras last year, the Chancellor has sold out our care workers by refusing to get them the pay rise they deserve......... It is unconscionable that 3 in 4 care workers are still being paid less than the living wage.

“Rishi Sunak promised to be ‘open and honest’ with the British public. But buried in the files of his Budget "Red Book" small print is a cut to frontline NHS services that will increase pressure on staff and do nothing for patients stuck on growing waiting lists,” said Jonathan Ashworth, the shadow health secretary.

Rishi Sunak under fire for ‘£30bn health spending cut’

Funding for the DHSC will fall from £199bn to £169bn, which will leave NHS England facing a funding drop by £9bn

Labour has taken aim at figures found in budget documents detailing a planned cut of £30 billion in day-to-day spending in the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC).

Camden

Coronavirus

British tourists who have been vaccinated will be able to visit Cyprus from May 1

They will be allowed into the country without a negative Covid test or needing to quarantine
The country’s tourism minister Savvas Perdios confirmed that vaccinated UK nationals could from that time begin visiting without a negative test, or needing to quarantine.
He said that visitors would need to be inoculated with vaccines approved by the European Medicines Agency.

Mushroom

Coronavirus
You were right Mushroom when we discussed before, nothing like the 12% to 15% will ever be forthcoming from this Tory Govt their hand clapping was only virtue signalling for the cameras ... He not only failed to support healthcare workers on the front line but surreptitiously clawed money out from NHS Budget..

View attachment 21268

@AngelaRayner
After clapping for them in front of the TV cameras last year, the Chancellor has sold out our care workers by refusing to get them the pay rise they deserve......... It is unconscionable that 3 in 4 care workers are still being paid less than the living wage.

“Rishi Sunak promised to be ‘open and honest’ with the British public. But buried in the files of his Budget "Red Book" small print is a cut to frontline NHS services that will increase pressure on staff and do nothing for patients stuck on growing waiting lists,” said Jonathan Ashworth, the shadow health secretary.

Rishi Sunak under fire for ‘£30bn health spending cut’

Funding for the DHSC will fall from £199bn to £169bn, which will leave NHS England facing a funding drop by £9bn

Labour has taken aim at figures found in budget documents detailing a planned cut of £30 billion in day-to-day spending in the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC).

This one crept out just after the budget.
I cannot follow the rationale of throwing money to those on a paid holiday then penalise the frontline workers because the pot is running dry. This sticking plaster philosophy is going to expose a big wound. I have not had such a distrust in a government ever and thats going back a bit !!

Jaycey

African Refugee
Coronavirus
ukraineBusinessNews.jpg

🔵 With new coronavirus cases doubling this week, Prime Minister Shmygal warned yesterday: “It’s obvious that the third wave of the pandemic has started that Ukraine is facing.” Yesterday morning, 10,057 new cases were registered, more than double Monday’s level of 4,285. “If the situation worsens, if we see that medics are not coping, then we will probably have no choice but to impose strict quarantine like the one that we have already experienced.”

🔵 The new cases are largely in Kyiv and to the West: Zhytomyr Oblast – 888; Kyiv City – 868; Vinnytsia Oblast – 827; Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast – 776; and Zakarpattia - 676. Ukraine’s first two cases of the British coronavirus variant, were detected in Ivano-Frankivsk region, health officials said yesterday.

Camden

Coronavirus
Boris might have to follow Turkish Govt, after his measly 1% pay offer to healthcare workers LOL ..... seriously though .. surprised on the Turkish Govts action, it seems it is not a new declaration but a renewal .

The Turkish Ministry of Health declared that the resignation requests of healthcare workers will not be accepted 'for whatever reason' with the circular sent to the health directorates of 81 provinces.

The circular said "The requests of the personnel who request to resign (resign) in this process will not be accepted"

Saoirse

Coronavirus
There is of course some family connection betwixt Johnson and Turkey

Hard to keep track of the shenanigans of these privileged Johnson/ Starmer types other than remember they have absolutely no connection with normal decent people of any creed or persuasion

Kanga

Coronavirus
There is of course some family connection betwixt Johnson and Turkey

Hard to keep track of the shenanigans of these privileged Johnson/ Starmer types other than remember they have absolutely no connection with normal decent people of any creed or persuasion
What has that to do with the thread subject of coronavirus? The Turkish government first issued this order at the beginning of the 2nd wave, last autumn as far as I can remember, and no-one commented on it then.

Ali Kemal is the paternal grandfather of both the Turkish diplomat Selim Kuneralp, and the British politician Stanley Johnson. Through Stanley Johnson, Ali Kemal is the great-grandfather of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and his siblings.

. . . .a bit distant really.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom