Saoirse

Coronavirus
View attachment 21263

Seem to have come across a euro sceptic hornets nest.. LOL
I am certainly no Euro sceptic nor Europhile
But Camden in Valencia I watched both locally and nationally the frustration anger and indeed pain this total ballz up by the EU has brought

Fernando Simon Spains CMO is both outstanding in his professional field and one of those charismatic " white coats " who wears his heart on his sleeve

Tell me hes wrong when he pleaded that he could distribute and apply the vaccine almost immediately such was the amazing response from Spains health workers- but EU incompetence- not Spanish- meant he had nothing to distribute

Is he added to your list of whinging Euro Sceptics too?

Camden

Coronavirus
I am certainly no Euro sceptic nor Europhile
But Camden in Valencia I watched both locally and nationally the frustration anger and indeed pain this total ballz up by the EU has brought

Fernando Simon Spains CMO is both outstanding in his professional field and one of those charismatic " white coats " who wears his heart on his sleeve

Tell me hes wrong when he pleaded that he could distribute and apply the vaccine almost immediately such was the amazing response from Spains health workers- but EU incompetence- not Spanish- meant he had nothing to distribute

Is he added to your list of whinging Euro Sceptics too?

No, and if you had read my posts which were solely in reply to Chips criticism and posts on the EU . I have said its up to the electorate of these countries to bring them to book , as we should ours ... but found my fellow Brit Chips posts Hypocritical in taking delight basking in the light of our roll out success, in criticizing the EU , and countered them............ highlighting he hasn't once criticized or showed concern as he has on the EU of his own Govt of choice......many mistakes and mishandling of the Pandemic . Which has unfortunately resulted in one of the highest infection rates and deaths in the UK and has affected a tranche of families, who want justice for this Govt negligence . Which I said in my posts was hypocritical .and glass houses come to mind..... maybe you don't ? and welcome to that opinion ...

Last edited:

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
I had the Pfizer vaccine, going by the leaflet I was given, it appears that it was produced in Mainz, Germany. If so, how the Hell does Germany face a vaccine shortage? Not forgetting it wasn’t only the AstraZeneca vaccine supply that was an issue for the EU.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
No, and if you had read my posts which were solely in reply to Chips criticism and posts on the EU . I have said its up to the electorate of these countries to bring them to book , as we should ours ... but found my fellow Brit Chips posts Hypocritical in taking delight basking in the light of our roll out success in criticizing the EU , whilst he hasn't once criticized his own Govt of choice,many mistakes and mishandling of the Pandemic which has unfortunately led to one of the highest infection rates and deaths that have affected a tranche of families . Which I said in my posts hypocritical . and glass houses come to mind..... maybe you don't, and welcome to the opinion ...

To “bring to book” whom.......the Commission? How would EU citizens do that Camden?

Saoirse

Coronavirus
I am not exactly a fan of Johnson!!!!
Or indeed of any regime in London Tory or Tory lite

My point is simple

Sometimes you're right and sometimes wrong

On this occasion EU were an effin disaster and must be called out on it

The fact that they refuse to even acknowledge they ballzed up never mind apologize for it obviously gives ammunition to those who hate the EU anyway!!

Meanwhile back home I am further disgusted by the EU slapping down Dublin for even considering Russias offer of possible immediate access to Sputnik vaccine

Brexiteer types accuse the EU of incompetence arrogance dictatorship etc....let's just say the EUs own actions and response to this emergency dont exactly prove them totally wrong

I repeat I have no time for nutty raving right anti EU headcases- nor have I any time for those who blindly accept gross incompetence and arrogant denial from Brussels in this pandemic

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
The Pfizer vaccine was passed and used in the UK on 3rd December 2020. That same vaccine was passed by the European Medicines Agency on the 21st December 2020. That was a vaccine that had a huge input in the making inside the EUs borders.
The decision to give that vaccine the green light for use in the EU was far to slow.

Camden

Coronavirus
I am not exactly a fan of Johnson!!!!
Or indeed of any regime in London Tory or Tory lite

My point is simple

Sometimes you're right and sometimes wrong

On this occasion EU were an effin disaster and must be called out on it

The fact that they refuse to even acknowledge they ballzed up never mind apologize for it obviously gives ammunition to those who hate the EU anyway!!

Meanwhile back home I am further disgusted by the EU slapping down Dublin for even considering Russias offer of possible immediate access to Sputnik vaccine

Brexiteer types accuse the EU of incompetence arrogance dictatorship etc....let's just say the EUs own actions and response to this emergency dont exactly prove them totally wrong

I repeat I have no time for nutty raving right anti EU headcases- nor have I any time for those who blindly accept gross incompetence and arrogant denial from Brussels in this pandemic

It would be nice see that equal criticism expressed in posts on Chips hypocritical one sided Euro sceptical stance .... than on someone who has criticized both sides, in asking for them the EU/UK to be brought to book ... ... seen in my posts ...

Saoirse

Coronavirus
Even if we accept that Chips -why when they knew they had totally ballsed up the distribution of vaccines across 26 countries- did they not open immediately access to other suppliers

Indeed they went worse still and effectively dictated- we cannot supply you despite saying we would BUT you are not allowed to access alternative supplies

Outrageous

Saoirse

Coronavirus
It would be nice see that equal criticism expressed in posts on Chips hypocritical one sided Euro sceptical stance .... than on someone who has criticized both sides, in asking for them the EU/UK to be brought to book ... ... seen in my posts ...
Fair point which I thought I had addressed when I said Brexiteer types will fault the EU for anything and everything regardless

That's a given and totally irrational xenophobic nonsense

But slavish acceptance of EU failure is hardly much more attractive

As I said when you're wrong you're wrong and in this case the EU effed up BIG TIME

I would suggest that anyone who's a supporter of the EU project need to think carefully how much this denial of responsibility will play out in individual member states when the dust settles and inquiries begin into the handling of this pandemic

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Even if we accept that Chips -why when they knew they had totally ballsed up the distribution of vaccines across 26 countries- did they not open immediately access to other suppliers

Indeed they went worse still and effectively dictated- we cannot supply you despite saying we would BUT you are not allowed to access alternative supplies

Outrageous
"Indeed they went worse still and effectively dictated- we cannot supply you despite saying we would BUT you are not allowed to access alternative supplies".

Nail on the head there..........instead certain politicians then went on to knock a vaccine that was produced in the UK. Now they have buckets of the stuff that people are terrified to have.
The question is, they blamed the vaccine producers........so when's the court cases?

Camden

Coronavirus
Fair point which I thought I had addressed when I said Brexiteer types will fault the EU for anything and everything regardless

As I said when you're wrong you're wrong and in this case the EU effed up BIG TIME

My mistake, I didn't think you were equating Chips and his postings as " Brexiteer types will fault the EU for anything and everything regardless" ...... but a Generalisation of type.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
My mistake, I didn't think you were equating Chips and his postings as " Brexiteer types will fault the EU for anything and everything regardless" ...... but a Generalisation of type.
Like a Labour activist will complain not only about the Conservatives but ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.........thats their sole purpose to be on this planet.
As said Camden, I have every Right to complain about the EU. I have also stated the the EUs procurement and distribution idea was a good one, it was the execution of it that was a bloody disaster & what's more, that disaster is still ongoing.

Camden

Coronavirus
Like a Labour activist will complain not only about the Conservatives but ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.........thats their sole purpose to be on this planet.
As said Camden, I have every Right to complain about the EU.

I have also stated the the EUs procurement and distribution idea was a good one, it was the execution of it that was a bloody disaster & what's more, that disaster is still ongoing.

Ha ha ... it may seem like everything Chips, mainly due to the litany of mishandling, and rife nepotism during the Pandemic by your Govt of choice...

Who has stopped your "right" to complain ???

but you do have to put up with the facts put up in the counter to that " right " ...

I don't disagree that you may have said ,but can honestly say never seen that post... but maybe a repost or paste as to refresh our memory ?
Chips said : " I have also stated the the EUs procurement and distribution idea was a good one"

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Ha ha ... it may seem like everything Chips, mainly due to the litany of mishandling, and rife nepotism during the Pandemic by your Govt of choice...

Who has stopped your "right" to complain ???

but you do have to put up with the facts put up in the counter to that " right " ...

I don't disagree that you may have said ,but can honestly say never seen that post... but maybe a repost or paste as to refresh our memory ?
"I don't disagree that you may have said ,but can honestly say never seen that post... but maybe a repost or paste as to refresh our memory ?"

The fact that you haven't seen it is down to you not me.

A simple question for you.
Italy has vaccinated approximately 5 million of its citizens, the UK has vaccinated 20 million.
Who should the Italian citizens be complaining about, the Italian Government or the EU Commission?

Camden

Coronavirus
"I don't disagree that you may have said ,but can honestly say never seen that post... but maybe a repost or paste as to refresh our memory ?"

The fact that you haven't seen it is down to you not me.

Maybe even give us a clue like the post number .... where you said..

Chips said : " I have also stated the the EUs procurement and distribution idea was a good one"

Last edited:

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Maybe even give us a clue like the post number .... were you said..

Why should I troll though posts for you? I’ve said it more than once, not forgetting how often you make the comment that members never fully read your own posts.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus

I would suggest that anyone who's a supporter of the EU project need to think carefully how much this denial of responsibility will play out in individual member states when the dust settles and inquiries begin into the handling of this pandemic

This link might be of some help to you Philip. It gives the dosage supply and usage across Spanish regions.

Camden

Coronavirus
Why should I troll though posts for you? I’ve said it more than once, not forgetting how often you make the comment that members never fully read your own posts.

I wasn't asking you to troll back, the post number would have done, because unfortunately and maybe disappointing , but not everyone hangs on, or reads every post.

Surely you don't want some unkind people thinking you may not have said it ? ... they couldn't be faulted in the thinking it, as it's so outta wack with you being a fervent Eurosceptic.

Last edited:

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
I wasn't asking you to troll back, the post number would have done, because unfortunately and maybe disappointing , but not everyone hangs on, or reads your every post.

Surely you don't want some unkind people thinking you may not have said it a white lie I would assume ? ... they couldn't be faulted for thinking it, as it's so outta wack with you being a fervent Eurosceptic.
"Surely you don't want some unkind people thinking you may not have said it a white lie I would assume"

WOW the very thought of that will keep me awake tonight. I've said it, those who think its a lie are entitled to think what they like.

Now, just who should the Italian people be blaming over their lack of vaccine supplies, their Government or the EU Commission?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom