Camden

Coronavirus
You are right Enoch ..... Yes, a heads up to and a big thank you, should go to all the vaccinators , also the vaccine team and the volunteers stewards.... A suggestion when my parents got their jabs ... they gave the team a small gesture of thanks with a box of chocolates ...

Last edited:

Camden

Coronavirus

EU 'catching up' with UK Covid vaccination rollout ...Ursula von der Leyen acknowledges errors.

“In Italy, with a population similar to that of Great Britain, twice as many citizens received full vaccination protection with the second dose as in the UK.”

( "acknowledging errors" not something we have seen from our Government in this Pandemic )

Last edited:

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus

EU 'catching up' with UK Covid vaccination rollout ...Ursula von der Leyen acknowledges errors.

“In Italy, with a population similar to that of Great Britain, twice as many citizens received full vaccination protection with the second dose as in the UK.”

( "acknowledging errors" not something we have seen from our Government in this Pandemic )

EU catching up, I’m well pleased for them. Merkel though is now worried about the third wave, hence their border closures.

Camden

Coronavirus
EU catching up, I’m well pleased for them. Merkel though is now worried about the third wave, hence their border closures.
Well hope she doesn't wait as long as Boris ... for the Germans people sake ..

Can't understand people who seem to like wallowing in others, ... neighbours misfortune.... .

Last edited:

Mushroom

Coronavirus
Just in case you have friends or family who do not yet qualify to book for the vaccine as shown on the NHS web site according to their 64+ advice, give it a try if you or they are in the 60-64 category. My wife rang me half an hour ago to say they are, in our area at least, accepting 60 onwards. I was 60, 3 weeks ago and have minor underlying conditions, nothing that resulted in a shielding letter or anything and have just booked to go to a centre 3 miles away on Sunday of this weekend in the afternoon with loads of appointments available.
I could have done Saturday afternoon at the earliest but it would clash with the Leeds match, so Covid can wait another 24 hours !!
My second jab is booked for 16th of May, that's the day before Boris says we might be able to go abroad in case you've forgotten.
The centre I am going to in Wakefield 10 mins from home. Hardly great hardship and as I don't give a rat's arse which vaccination it is, if there is anyone who doesn't want the 'second rate' Oxford one - great, more to go round.
Honestly, the conspiracy theorists didn't get me to believe that I would end up being a mobile 5G mast for the Chinese !!
What could be interesting for those of you waiting for a second jab is that my wife (NHS) has just had her second jab date brought forward 2 weeks. Whether it is an NHS thing or the program is genuinely working very well is open to speculation.

Saoirse

Coronavirus
Cannot understand people being picky about which jab they want

English US Chinese Russian it matters not a jot

Frankly with it now been proven that these jabs also stop the spread of the infection refusing to get one is somewhat selfish imho

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Just in case you have friends or family who do not yet qualify to book for the vaccine as shown on the NHS web site according to their 64+ advice, give it a try if you or they are in the 60-64 category. My wife rang me half an hour ago to say they are, in our area at least, accepting 60 onwards. I was 60, 3 weeks ago and have minor underlying conditions, nothing that resulted in a shielding letter or anything and have just booked to go to a centre 3 miles away on Sunday of this weekend in the afternoon with loads of appointments available.
I could have done Saturday afternoon at the earliest but it would clash with the Leeds match, so Covid can wait another 24 hours !!
My second jab is booked for 16th of May, that's the day before Boris says we might be able to go abroad in case you've forgotten.
The centre I am going to in Wakefield 10 mins from home. Hardly great hardship and as I don't give a rat's arse which vaccination it is, if there is anyone who doesn't want the 'second rate' Oxford one - great, more to go round.
Honestly, the conspiracy theorists didn't get me to believe that I would end up being a mobile 5G mast for the Chinese !!
What could be interesting for those of you waiting for a second jab is that my wife (NHS) has just had her second jab date brought forward 2 weeks. Whether it is an NHS thing or the program is genuinely working very well is open to speculation.
"What could be interesting for those of you waiting for a second jab is that my wife (NHS) has just had her second jab date brought forward 2 weeks. Whether it is an NHS thing or the program is genuinely working very well is open to speculation."

Might be because we have also got the supplies.

Camden

Coronavirus
Are all countries all of a sudden counting the same way?

You keep touting that number when we know full well that not all countries are counting the same way.

Unfortunately our Government in England certainly have undercounted ..... England in the beginning undercounted by excluding deaths outside hospitals ( like care homes etc ) from its daily count. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland didn't.

In fact we have constantly undercounted ....

UK official Covid death toll has always undercounted fatalities, analysis shows​

Pamela Duncan and Caelainn Barr

Fri 22 Jan 2021 12.05 GMT

Analysis: Excess deaths is the gold standard in assessing the scale of the impact of coronavirus

The most recent Office for National Statistics (ONS) count, which includes all deaths in England where Covid-19 is mentioned on the death certificate, were 13,497 or 20% higher than the government count in the pandemic at the end of 2020, according to Guardian analysis.

Last edited:

enoch

Coronavirus
Unfortunately our Government in England certainly have undercounted ..... England in the beginning undercounted by excluding deaths outside hospitals ( like care homes etc ) from its daily count. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland didn't.

In fact we have constantly undercounted ....

UK official Covid death toll has always undercounted fatalities, analysis shows​

Pamela Duncan and Caelainn Barr

Fri 22 Jan 2021 12.05 GMT

Analysis: Excess deaths is the gold standard in assessing the scale of the impact of coronavirus

The most recent Office for National Statistics (ONS) count, which includes all deaths in England where Covid-19 is mentioned on the death certificate, were 13,497 or 20% higher than the government count in the pandemic at the end of 2020, according to Guardian analysis.

Its the country's that put the deaths down to contagious diseases I dont like, especially when that rate can be twice or more than the covid cases

SLEEPY

Coronavirus
Are all countries all of a sudden counting the same way?

You keep touting that number when we know full well that not all countries are counting the same way.
WTO numbers and taken from the London Times today.
But make your own up if you wish.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom