Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Coronavirus

Curfew violations continue at same speed across Turkey​

Full Story

Extract:
The number of people violating weeknight curfews and weekend lockdowns is not changing even though the COVID-19 situation has not shown a significant improvement.

More than 31,000 people broke the weeknight curfew and a full weekend lockdown between Feb. 15 and Feb. 22, the country’s Interior Ministry reported on Feb. 22.

This figure is consistent with the previous weeks’ violation statistics. On average some 30,000 people have violated the restrictions in most of the weeks since the curfews and lockdowns were introduced in December 2020 to curb the spread of the coronavirus.

enoch

Coronavirus
well you are talking about lock down ,for the last 2 weekends our neighbour has jumped on his scooter and gone fishing ,so who is in charge of alanya lock down ?/

enoch

Coronavirus
Testing 118816
Recovering 5690
Infections 8106. I think that's over a thousand more than yesterday.
Deaths 78
Total deaths 28138

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Coronavirus

WHO agrees compensation fund for serious COVAX vaccine side effects​

Full Story

LONDON (Reuters) - The World Health Organization has agreed a no-fault compensation plan for claims of serious side effects in people in 92 poorer countries due to get COVID-19 vaccines via the COVAX sharing scheme, resolving a big concern among recipient governments.

The programme, which the WHO said was the first and only vaccine injury compensation mechanism operating on an international scale, will offer eligible people “a fast, fair, robust and transparent process”, the WHO said in a statement.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Coronavirus
The very sad death total in the USA is now over 500 000. Yy my reckoning this is about 20% more than the total deaths of US military personnel in WW2. Shocking, but when you look at the total deaths per capita, the USA is only about 9th in the world, the UK is far higher.

Coronavirus

WHO agrees compensation fund for serious COVAX vaccine side effects​

Full Story

LONDON (Reuters) - The World Health Organization has agreed a no-fault compensation plan for claims of serious side effects in people in 92 poorer countries due to get COVID-19 vaccines via the COVAX sharing scheme, resolving a big concern among recipient governments.

The programme, which the WHO said was the first and only vaccine injury compensation mechanism operating on an international scale, will offer eligible people “a fast, fair, robust and transparent process”, the WHO said in a statement.
Are the WHO themselves offering to pay out compensation or are they pushing that onto the vaccine producers?

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Coronavirus
The very sad death total in the USA is now over 500 000. Yy my reckoning this is about 20% more than the total deaths of US military personnel in WW2. Shocking, but when you look at the total deaths per capita, the USA is only about 9th in the world, the UK is far higher.
Sadly in the USA so many have zero access to medicare , many deaths it is thought go un recorded for rona .
Steve

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Coronavirus
i heard on the beeb today that 500 000 is more deaths than the US military suffered in WW1, WW2 and the Vietnam war added together. It is staggering

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Coronavirus

Low, medium-risk provinces to be allowed to ease curbs first​

Full Story

Extract:
Provinces in Turkey classified under low and medium risk groups will be the first ones to be allowed to start easing COVID-19-related restrictions as the country is preparing to return to normal life in March.

The country’s 81 provinces will be categorized as low, medium, high and very high risk based on infection rates and the vaccination process as well as other criteria.

Provinces with fewer than 10 virus cases per 100,000 people will be considered low-risk areas whereas provinces with between 11 to 35 infections per 100,000 people will fall under the medium-risk category.

“Low-risk provinces will start the reopening phase, but their residents will have to continue to adhere to the basic hygiene rules,” Prof. Dr. Sema Kultufan Turan from the Health Ministry’s Science Board told daily Hürriyet.

Chasey

Coronavirus
Jab booked for Saturday 27th but sadly second rate Oxford jab :( Worse still second jab is up to 12 weeks later so it's possible / likely ill not be back in Turkey till end of may 😥

Coronavirus
Jab booked for Saturday 27th but sadly second rate Oxford jab :( Worse still second jab is up to 12 weeks later so it's possible / likely ill not be back in Turkey till end of may 😥

If it’s “second rate” don’t bloody have it, there’s no obligation on your part.
My wife and many other people I know have had the Oxford jab and are more than grateful.
As said, if you consider it to be second rate, why has the EMA given it the green light for ALL adults?

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Coronavirus
I bet this family wouldn't have turned their noses up at a second rate jab, these are just 2 of the 120,000 plus that might still be with us had they had that jab

Coronavirus
The irony is, after France & Germany knocked the Oxford/Astra vaccine, in some EU countries citizens are now refusing it. The knock on of that is, they're struggling on the supplies of the Pfizer vaccine.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom