35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus

People allowing bees to sting them ‘in protection’ against COVID-19​

Full Story

Some people in the eastern province of Malatya are making honeybees sting them in the false belief that they could be protective against the coronavirus.

But doctors are warning them against this, saying bees could cause fatal allergies in some people.

People who think bee stings enhance their immune systems let bees sting them periodically.
I suppose the “Turkish Eye” isn’t working then.....

Saoirse

Coronavirus
In Spain the CMO states that with record numbers of cases being set day after day the health care system cannot sustain for much longer

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
In Spain the CMO states that with record numbers of cases being set day after day the health care system cannot sustain for much longer
It’s the same everywhere from what I’ve read.
I wonder how long it will take people to realise, this virus can’t go anywhere without someone carrying it?

Saoirse

Coronavirus
Whilst I have utter admiration for the medics hospitals and indeed individual governments across Europe for their very best handling of this disaster EUs response can be seen as nothing short of disgraceful

From misinformation to member states right through to criminally inept handling of distribution and supply of the vaccine Brussels has been pathetic at the most crucial time in its existence

I watched the CMO of Spain fighting back tears as he explained his country's distribution of the vaccine had been text book (97% distributed in most areas in 72 hours) but that the promised supply had been pathetically inadequate

A similar story can also be heard in both Italy and France and even in mighty Germany

Camden

Coronavirus

Three countries have developed a Covid nasal spray the UK one claim protection from Covid-19 at least for two days,

"protects against coronavirus and prevents transmission".

The US one the same

This nasal spray reportedly protects for two days and useful in crowded areas such as flights, classrooms or crowded office rooms, experts said.

and the Turkish ...

Nasal spray developed in Turkey kills coronavirus in 1 minute​

Last edited:

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Whilst I have utter admiration for the medics hospitals and indeed individual governments across Europe for their very best handling of this disaster EUs response can be seen as nothing short of disgraceful

From misinformation to member states right through to criminally inept handling of distribution and supply of the vaccine Brussels has been pathetic at the most crucial time in its existence

I watched the CMO of Spain fighting back tears as he explained his country's distribution of the vaccine had been text book (97% distributed in most areas in 72 hours) but that the promised supply had been pathetically inadequate

A similar story can also be heard in both Italy and France and even in mighty Germany
I read an article that stated four EU member states actually signed a preliminary deal with the Oxford vaccine....then the Commission took over, a contract took two months to be signed.

Struggs

Recycled Teenager
Coronavirus
I can't see how they can claim a nasal spray can protect you, as covid can also be transmitted through your mouth and eyes.

SLEEPY

Coronavirus
100,000 dead

Boris Johnson says: “We did everything we could.”

Did he?....I don't think so.

"Take it on the chin"
"Let it move through the population"
"I shook hands with everyone"
"It's very important that people should be going back to work"
"Eat out to help out"
"’Tis the season to be jolly careful"

"We truly did everything we could to minimise the loss of life"

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
100000 dead because of an incompetent Johnson but let's talk about the Eu.
Why not talk about the virus & the vaccine?
Taking your stance though, shouldnt the President of the EU resign, she's been in charge whilst nearly half a million deaths have occurred from this virus........

SLEEPY

Coronavirus
As usual deflection from your good self on the announcement of this terrible death toll.
But at least your consistent..Blue Passports and Fish !

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
As usual deflection from your good self on the announcement of this terrible death toll.
But at least your consistent..Blue Passports and Fish !
Deflection? Reread your own post, what's passports & fish got to do with this virus?
If the UK had no deaths, you'd still find fault with the UK.

Kanga

Coronavirus
Nothing like hindsight to knock another. The biggest mistake made here was to think that we are a sufficiently mature and intelligent society to understand the gravity of what we were facing, and to do what was asked of us, instead of realising what a pathetically childish, selfish, and irresponsible lot we are.
It was quite simple: wash, stay home, keep apart and DONT MIX. Has that changed at any time? The virus only gets around by hitching a lift on a human.
This was the message right from day 1. We've seen just how responsible and sensible people have been, and the results.
Did anyone really expect nanny state to come and tuck you in every day with a warm drink?
I remember one young 'man' being interviewed asked why he was out in London late one evening, replied 'because it wont affect me, I'm young' and when challenged about infecting others, he simply said that if they were vulnerable it's their fault for being out.
A lady from the bame section of society said last week that she wouldn't be having the vaccine because the virus affected her community more than the white folks and 'they' had done nothing about it, so didn't care. She obviously hadn't even thought that scientists have been slogging 18 hour days since this started to create a vaccine to reduce infection, which would help protect her community. With brains like this we dont stand a chance.

Camden

Coronavirus
I agree We all are responsible for our own health and if we let ourselves down by non compliance its at our own peril and consequence and have no reason for complaint. I think it personally would be wrong to highlight just one community, age group or religion as being irresponsible, as we have seen the same irresponsibility in all .. from a 400 Jewish wedding , illegal raves , anti vaccine/masks protests , to anti vaccine take up on religious grounds by Jewish ,Muslim and Catholic , ignoring their Community leaders and example .. But for those that are compliant our Government isn't off the hook for its part

I don't expect a Nanny State but what I do expect from our elected representatives and the PM , in a Crisis, is competent leadership and management , with divisive decision making. In the PM job description he is meant to devise and lead policy strategy, communications and its organisational efficiency.

.This Government is found lacking in most of the above, and this could be why we have the worst Death rate in the whole of Europe with 100,000 deaths ... We had a head start on the Pandemic that was squandered , the Italians warned us what to expect , we saw it on TV the Italian NHS overwhelmed .... I hope the anger of what has happened ( or didn't but should have happened ) throughout, especially in Care Homes and untendered contracts doesn't dissipate, and they are held to account for their failures , I wonder even today, if they have learned anything as they seem to repeat the same mistakes eg still incomplete airport control. ...Lets hope this Govt might be at last getting one thing right in the Vaccination roll out..... fingers crossed ..

Last edited:

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Coronavirus
100,000 dead

Boris Johnson says: “We did everything we could.”

Did he?....I don't think so.

"Take it on the chin"
"Let it move through the population"
"I shook hands with everyone"
"It's very important that people should be going back to work"
"Eat out to help out"
"’Tis the season to be jolly careful"

"We truly did everything we could to minimise the loss of life"

FYI.......its 88,042 in England.

So he's responsible for ALL UK deaths from Coronavirus.
What about the other leaders in Scotland, NI and Wales...why aren't they accountable?
After all they set their own rules, timetable etc.

If people want to hold him responsible for ALL the deaths then he's also responsible for all those who didn't catch the virus as they followed the guidance set down by Boris/Tories?
That numbers is roughly 63 million.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom