Camden

Coronavirus
An unfulfilled order is not stock. Canada is suffering like many from shortage of supply.

Camden said : I think Jearden what they are getting at is, some rich countries have stock that could vaccinate their population 3 times over ,whilst poor countries because of this overstocking , wont get access to vaccine till as late as 2022 .... they say we are an interconnected world so to rid it of the Pandemic we can't employ Vaccine Nationalism ....

True Jeardon, but it soon will be, the order is a confirmed order by the manufactures and will come before any orders placed by the poorer states .....five times more than the Countries population a bit excess .. for own needs...

But I am not wanting to argue with you, as you have obviously made up your mind on this, and who am I to change it. I was just letting you know why these Orgs are complaining about it .... I am quite happy to accept their word, as they don't seem to have a dog in the race by complaining that their is problem ...and have seen no countries being outraged and denying it ....

As for WHO, they are in an awkward position, hands tied where it can't "out" the countries by name for stockpiling even by pre order but only put them on Notice as they are the WHO's funders.... and as we have seen in the past, if they don't like something eg US defunding ... but they aren't the only ones making it known and complaining of "Vaccine Nationalism" Red Cross , Oxfam, Amnesty etc etc

Confirmed deal
Bloomberg has reviewed more than 80 agreements between vaccine makers and countries around the globe to reserve allocations while they are still in development. Canada, the U.K. and Australia top the list, with enough vaccine doses reserved to cover their populations several times over.

Last edited:
Coronavirus
Locally 4 of our GP surgerys have linked together & been vaccinating people in a large village hall.
In one day they adminstered 1200 of the Pfizer vaccines, but on Saturday are hoping to do 2200 of the Oxford vaccine.

They can do so many more of the Oxford one, as people do not need the 15 minutes observation time afterwards.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
True Jeardon, but it soon will be, the order is a confirmed order by the manufactures and will come before any orders placed by the poorer states .....five times more than the Countries population a bit excess .. for own needs...

But I am not wanting to argue with you, as you have obviously made up your mind on this, and who am I to change it. I was just letting you know why these Orgs are complaining about it .... I am quite happy to accept their word as having no dog in the race by complaining that thier is problem ...and have seen no countries being outraged and denying it ....

As for WHO, they are in an awkward position hands tied where it can't "out" the countries by name for stockpiling even by pre order but only put them on Notice as they are the ORGS funders.... as we have seen in the past with the US defunding ... but they aren't the only ones making it known and complaining of "Vaccine Nationalism" Red Cross , Oxfam, Amnesty etc etc

Confirmed deal
Bloomberg has reviewed more than 80 agreements between vaccine makers and countries around the globe to reserve allocations while they are still in development. Canada, the U.K. and Australia top the list, with enough vaccine doses reserved to cover their populations several times over.

I did read somewhere down the line that nobody is yet sure if vaccinations will be required year on year. If that be the case, its quite understandable that countries are over ordering & quite rightly so.
Maybe a much more easier option is to set up manufacturing hubs in the poorer nations but that's down to the pharmaceuticals.

Camden

Coronavirus
Easily solved ,place a dated repeat order 10 months from first vaccination.....allowing poorer nations a chance to get their order .....

But confirmed pre order five times your own population a bit excessive ..... We are an interconnected World we want to rid it from across the world ,not letting it mutate in poorer countries unvaccinated due our over orders so it could come back to bite us in a mutated vaccine resistant ...

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Easily solved ,place a dated repeat order 10 months from first vaccination.....allowing poorer nations a chance to get their order .....

But confirmed pre order five times your own population a bit excessive ..... We are an interconnected World we want to rid it from across the world ,not letting it mutate in poorer countries unvaccinated due our over orders so it could come back to bite us in a mutated vaccine resistant ...
All well and good but manufacturers can’t currently produce outstanding orders even now.
What Opposition Leader in any country is going to demand actual vaccines from its own stocks is to be given to other countries before its own? Monies, yes but vaccines?

The one thing that has come out of this, we & our children’s children now understand the meaning of the word PANDEMIC. Just like our Fathers & Forefathers understood the meaning of the word WAR.

Camden

Coronavirus
All well and good but manufacturers can’t currently produce outstanding orders even now.
What Opposition Leader in any country is going to demand actual vaccines from its own stocks is to be given to other countries before its own? Monies, yes but vaccines?

The one thing that has come out of this, we & our children’s children now understand the meaning of the word PANDEMIC. Just like our Fathers & Forefathers understood the meaning of the word WAR.

Then Countries cut back on excessive confirmed pre orders ( 5 times pop excessive ) .. because as said We are an interconnected World we want to rid it of the Virus from across the world ,not letting it fester and mutate in poorer countries unvaccinated due our over orders , For it then to could come back to bite us in a mutated vaccine resistant form ...

Last edited:

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Then Countries cut back on excessive confirmed pre orders ( 5 times pop excessive ) .. because as said We are an interconnected World we want to rid it of the Virus from across the world ,not letting it fester and mutate in poorer countries unvaccinated due our over orders , For it then to could come back to bite us in a mutated vaccine resistant form ...
Surely at this moment in time, enough is never enough?
Nobody knows the future of these vaccines or the virus itself. If a Government doesn’t over order on something that’s life saving then it’s negligence. Those screams came over PPE and ventilators ie not enough to go round.
Yes we all want the world vaccinated but I can’t see any country doing that if its at the cost of its own nationals.
If it does turn out that vaccinations will be needed year on year, those stocks and orders will be worth their weight in gold.
I believe the UK were getting their orders for various vaccines in July 2020.

Production seems to be the thorn in the side for all & that’s down to the pharmaceuticals.

Struggs

Recycled Teenager
Coronavirus
I was shocked to get a text message today, inviting me to book my first covid vaccine, thought older people than me would get it first. Must admit am very nervous about having this, been advised that I will be at the surgery for 45mins, what I find is a bit stupid, there is a vaccination Centre 1/4 mile from where I live, but I need to book one over 3 miles away.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Coronavirus
Anyone heard if there is any kind of evidence of vaccination given ? Some businesses are refusing to take passengers without, Saga for instance. Or could it be the expensive letter off the Dr. Ours are £75 each if they go down that route, expensive for a family of 4.

Mattin

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
I was shocked to get a text message today, inviting me to book my first covid vaccine, thought older people than me would get it first. Must admit am very nervous about having this, been advised that I will be at the surgery for 45mins, what I find is a bit stupid, there is a vaccination Centre 1/4 mile from where I live, but I need to book one over 3 miles away.
Most will be nervous but it’s the way to go.
Quite a few of my wife’s family in Skegness have now had the first one, ages varying from 70s to 84.
I think as soon as the over 80s get it in a region they then crack on down the line, that saves shipping the vaccine all over the place.......(only guesswork)

Bramidan

Coronavirus
Pre ordering massive supplies of a vaccine? Remember a couple of years ago we rushed out had a flu jab which proved pretty ineffective because the virus mutated in Australia.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
Pre ordering massive supplies of a vaccine? Remember a couple of years ago we rushed out had a flu jab which proved pretty ineffective because the virus mutated in Australia.
Just about everyone preordered these Covid vaccines, of which there are now many. Those who didn’t or couldn’t order are now in the desperate position.....there’s a queue.

Coronavirus
Our local schools have been giving pupils their HPV vaccines in their cars, in a drive through type of system. I am wondering if this is actually a trial in readiness for doing the same thing with the Covid vaccine

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Coronavirus
It’s a tricky one and even more so that it involves Hungry but leaders everywhere are trying everything and anything.....but if these particular vaccines do the job he’ll be a hero, if not the EU will drop on him like a ton of bricks.
At the end of the day, it’s Nations leaders who carry the can.

enoch

Coronavirus
It’s a tricky one and even more so that it involves Hungry but leaders everywhere are trying everything and anything.....but if these particular vaccines do the job he’ll be a hero, if not the EU will drop on him like a ton of bricks.
At the end of the day, it’s Nations leaders who carry the can.

It's all to do with who's getting the money.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Coronavirus

Turkey will receive 10 million doses of vaccine from China, says Erdoğan​

Full Story

Extract:
Turkey will soon get 10 million doses of vaccines in a second batch from China’s Sinovac Biotech, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has announced, informing that the country’s vaccination program will continue as planned by the Science Board.

“The second batch of our vaccine procurement has received approval from China. It’s a big possibility that it may arrive this weekend,” Erdoğan told reporters on Jan. 22 after the Friday Prayer in Istanbul.

Erdoğan said the second batch will include 10 million doses. Turkey had already received three million doses from Sinovac and began its vaccination process on Jan. 13 with health personnel.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Coronavirus

Foreigners in Turkey satisfied with virus measures​

Full Story

Extract:
Foreigners permanently residing in Turkey’s southwestern Mugla province, often described as one of the world's prominent touristic destinations, feel safe amid the coronavirus pandemic thanks to the measures adopted to stem the spread of the virus.

juco

Coronavirus
Nicola Sturgeon has her ceiling painted:

"“They needed a significant amount of paint to get the job done.
But painters, decorators and tradespeople are not allowed currently to work in homes or residences.
"It’s not even really meant to happen at the moment when the owner is not there or even when it’s a void property."

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Coronavirus
Nicola Sturgeon has her ceiling painted:

"“They needed a significant amount of paint to get the job done.
But painters, decorators and tradespeople are not allowed currently to work in homes or residences.
"It’s not even really meant to happen at the moment when the owner is not there or even when it’s a void property."

Latest Posts

Top Bottom