Coronavirus
Scientists have the virus under the microscope, the media has everything else under their own microscopes.
The ongoing vaccinations should be headline news but no, it all about any faultlines.
A great opportunity for the media to help countries but no, they want scoops that fester controversy.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Coronavirus

Gordon Brown's Our Scottish Future accused of undermining confidence in Covid system​

Full Story

Extract:
GORDON Brown’s think tank has been accused of “baselessly undermining confidence” in Scotland’s Covid testing programme, after they claimed the detection rate was the worst in the UK.

According to Our Scottish Future's analysis, only around 32% of cases are being picked up by tests.

enoch

Coronavirus
Turkeys tourism season to begin in April amid covid 19 vaccinations. Says minister Mehmet Nuri Ersoy. So with reading into that we could be in lockdown to April or longer so long as the tourists can come.
CGTN

Last edited:
Coronavirus
Turkeys tourism season to begin in April amid covid 19 vaccinations. Says minister Mehmet Nuri Ersoy. So with reading into that we could be in lockdown to April or longer so long as the tourists can come.
CGTN
I think it’s fair to say, no country knows what the virus situation will be in a weeks time, never mind April.
Exactly the same happened last year when the tourism season was getting close.
Ryanair’s slogan of “Jab and Fly” will fall on deaf ears, it’s the movement of people that’s spreading this virus and that’s exactly what airline carriers do.....move people.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Coronavirus
Seems fair enough! From Mirror:
"The executions of two condemned murderers have been delayed for months while they recover from coronavirus."

"However, Judge Tanya Chutkan of the US District Court in Washington ordered the US Department of Justice extend their time on death row until at least March 16.

Their lawyers had argued the virus has damaged their lung tissue and giving them the lethal injection would cause such severe pain it would be like torture."

Ian

enoch

Coronavirus

Sinovac: Brazil results show Chinese vaccine 50.4% effective​

Is this the one Turkey is buying in ?

I think so. They say you only get what you pay for.
Just checked yes it is, but Pfizler has been bought in limited stock for who your guess is as good as mine.

Last edited:
Coronavirus
Just hearing that the UK at the moment has no intention of bringing in "vaccine passports", simply because of some people refusing or cant have the vaccine. That's fair enough but what about those entering into the UK? Surely its inevitable that some form of international vaccine recognition will be brought in for international travel? If not, we & others are going to be chasing this virus till the cows come home.

Kanga

Coronavirus
I thought GPs were going to issue a card to everyone on receipt of the 2nd dose. GPs wont be paid until they have given both jabs and your card will give details of the vaccine with batch & dates. That's your recognition. If people entering the country have to provide a negative test taken not earlier than 72 hrs before entry that's helpful too. If we aren't careful there will be so much bureaucracy and paper red tape that we'll be permanently smothered. At some point we have to get back to allowing more movement, probably when at least 50% of the population is jabbed.
I still think that vaccine refusers should be listed somewhere, like in Spain

Coronavirus
I thought GPs were going to issue a card to everyone on receipt of the 2nd dose. GPs wont be paid until they have given both jabs and your card will give details of the vaccine with batch & dates. That's your recognition. If people entering the country have to provide a negative test taken not earlier than 72 hrs before entry that's helpful too. If we aren't careful there will be so much bureaucracy and paper red tape that we'll be permanently smothered. At some point we have to get back to allowing more movement, probably when at least 50% of the population is jabbed.
I still think that vaccine refusers should be listed somewhere, like in Spain
I look at a negative test & a person who has actually had the jab as two different issues.
The jab IMO is on the lines of prevention, a negative test is only good for the day of that test result.
I wonder then, if those who have been vaccinated will still be obligated to show test results for the last 72 hours?

Jaycey

Coronavirus
Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Coronavirus
I got a pro forma with my name, address, date, stamp, product name and manufacturer, batch number and location where I was jabbed for both Flu and Pneumonia.

Martin

Coronavirus
Its taken months of negotiations between the WHO & China for the WHO to get access into where this virus originated.
I wouldn't trust them on anything over this virus issue myself......... and I'd put money on it that their own death count is horrendous if the truth be known.

Coronavirus
I got a pro forma with my name, address, date, stamp, product name and manufacturer, batch number and location where I was jabbed for both Flu and Pneumonia.

Martin
For the deadliness of this virus & the proven easily spread of it, there should surely be some form of international recognition. Maybe not now but once this vaccine is more accessible world wide, if not, countries are leaving themselves open for another variant.
Of course, I make that statement as a retired plumber & not a Doctor.

Kanga

Coronavirus
I think that’s a wee bit misleading
On cases mild upwards to severe it’s act around 78% effective

Eh? Are you suggesting that this jab actually treats the illness? I thought a vaccination was to protect you against catching the damn thing.

enoch

Coronavirus
Cumhuriyet news. An independent minister from adana 25000 biotec vaccine was bought and distributed amongst the elite, and some have had the second jab.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom