Peregrine

Controvertial? Cant stand .xx. got Talent
I know this is a bit controvertial but

I really cant see the fascination for all those so called "talent" shows. I really dong give a fig about the talent that america has got and certainly not the UK version too.

sorry to offend those that do (though if you like that sort of programme you might be beyond being offended)

off to bed now - hoping to get some good replies to fend off in the morning

:34:

PASH

No smug comment from me, you get the thumbs up! This is just a money making self indulgent load of drivel and if i never saw Simon Cowel, Peirs Morgon etc again, it would be to soon - hurrmmph, and its good night from me too!

Firebrand

My daughter loves them all. I have to find myself things to do - like the ironing - to stop myself sitting and making grumpy old parent comments.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
BAAAAA HUMBUG YOU LOT!!!!! :angry::388dd::moonie:

Lesley T

Come on you guys! It's great for the kids! Mr P, are you implying that we are not intellectual if we watch BGT? At least I can spell! (Controversial!!!!!!)

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Why would you get anything to fend off Peregrine? You made a statement which is fine. Nothing wrong with that.

Pash on the other hand is talking pure cack & probably pops young boys footballs for fun :)

Last edited:
B

biskit4444

dont have nightmares :122ia::34::27br::flock:

Andy

Great TV i watch em all and love em even the American ones, call me sad i don't care but i think it's great entertainment with a capital E.

Ava

I can honestly say I've never watched any of them. Don't intend to either, I’d rather go to the local theatre and watch some amateur group perform.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
I get hooked on them . Never mind, Big Brither starts soon H a Haa Haaaa :77wu::48::yipee::larf::harhar:

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
I know this is a bit controvertial but

I really cant see the fascination for all those so called "talent" shows. I really dong give a fig about the talent that america has got and certainly not the UK version too.

sorry to offend those that do (though if you like that sort of programme you might be beyond being offended)

off to bed now - hoping to get some good replies to fend off in the morning

:34:
"this sort of programme" "beyond being offended"

A bit strong methinks "each to their own" " Vivre la difference" "ones mans meat,,,,,," and all that mate.

PASH

Why would you get anything to fend off Peregrine? You made a statement which is fine. Nothing wrong with that.

Pash on the other hand is talking pure cack & probably pops young boys footballs for fun :)

My secrets out the bag!!:moonie:

pebble

I havent been hooked on any of the talent shows....But I was hooked on the "biggest looser" this season..it was amazing, and a surprise win.......

Each to there own, I personally like to watch BGT I believe it does have an entertainment factor. Watching between some very talented acts and the total insane ones. Yes I agree its all a money making exercise mainly for Simon Cowell, but we would rather watch that than the oh so fake Big Brother and luckily in my home everyone agrees BGT watchable BB is a NO NO.

Crystalclear

red

I don't like BGT more Britain Hasn't Got Talent, but love the X-factor. Just finished watching America's version and loved it Adam was brilliant his voice is pure rock god.

GnD

Not a fan but 2/3 of my children love them.

I do think BGT and BB are particularly awful and the most tolerable is X Factor. Also, some gorgeous classic songs I now hate due to their popularity on such programmes.

Give me a live gig with a band over them all any day!

Fendouglas

Gangless!
At least BGT provides:

a) Exposure for people, who have genuine talent, but need an outlet to to show it
b) Entertainment for those of us who like Variety as an alternative to the endless pap of screeching wannabees
c) And yes, money for Simon Cowell: But BGT is far more watchable (and, it's got to be said, sometimes the lunatics make it so) and far less cynical that X Factor, which is solely designed to provide the Christmas No 1 single (along with even more money for Simon Cowell!)

Just wait, it won't be long before this is how we'll be electing our Parliament very soon (especially with David van Day, throwing his hat into the ring as a prospective MP!)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom