Carolyn

Controversial threads...
ok so people got so offended by a silly little candit camera clip... which was posted for laughs.....

why was this user not critised for this thread?? this also has nothing to do with turkey and is 200% worse than anything i have posted??

http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/padded-room-members-only/23368-17-yr-old-girl-flogged.html

again... hyprocrite

Do you really need someone to explain the difference?

Craig didn't post it because he found it funny and a cheap laugh at someone else's expense. He posted it to bring to people's attention the horrors that are happening in other parts of the world and the oppression and ill-treatment of women.

It was posted to educate and inform - don't see your post falling into either of those categories.

Why can't you just accept that your harmless (in your eyes anyway) post might have been taken the wrong way and caused offence and just have the balls to apologise instead of going on the offensive all the time?

Last edited:

Martyn

Controversial threads...
It doesn't have to be about Turkey. That post was a little extreme but it was the subject that was up for discussion not to laugh at. Your thread was just to laugh at someone getting injured.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Controversial threads...
I think the answer is in the question "silly"
not sure how you can compare the 2 threads and how did you arrive at the figure of 200 %
martin

Controversial threads...
Mate, when you are in a hole stop digging.

The post you refer to was not put up to make people laugh. It was put up, as far as I can tell, to highlight the poster's disgust at this punishment and the people who met it out.

Your post was there just to laugh at someone else's misfortune. I didn't bother watching it as it didn't appeal to me but I saw the replies. For what its worth I think you should have read the replies and started to figure out what is appreciated and what isn't on this forum and started posting only what you then figure was appropriate. You are no doubt on other forums where other aspects of your life are appreciated and you could post those things there.

Know your audience.

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Controversial threads...
Do you really need someone to explain the difference?

Craig didn't post it because he found it funny and a cheap laugh at someone else's expense. He posted it to bring to people's attention the horrors that are happening in other parts of the world and the oppression of ill-treatment of women.

It was posted to educate and inform - don't see your post falling into either of those categories.

Why can't you just accept that your harmless (in your eyes anyway) post might have been taken the wrong way and caused offence and just have the balls to apologise instead of going on the offensive all the time?

how on earth is watching a young woman being whiped education? i found that offensive but did not start crying and picking arguements about it.. the clip i posted IS funny, the woman posted it up HERSELF, she dont mind, she sees the funny side of it so why other people gotta be actin to hurt bout it...
cos i am not gonna apologize for sumthing i dont think is wrong, people demand too many apologies,. and im sorry, but in was not offensive...

It doesn't have to be about Turkey. That post was a little extreme but it was the subject that was up for discussion not to laugh at. Your thread was just to laugh at someone getting injured.

ok sir, i guess you have never watched "YOU'VE BEEN FRAMED"? yeh that should be banned. that shows slips of old grannies falling off tables at weddings etc.... but god thats so offensve. i hope that show gets banned after like over 10 years... lets always be politically correct

Martyn

Controversial threads...
how on earth is watching a young woman being whiped education? i found that offensive but did not start crying and picking arguements about it.. the clip i posted IS funny, the woman posted it up HERSELF, she dont mind, she sees the funny side of it so why other people gotta be actin to hurt bout it...
cos i am not gonna apologize for sumthing i dont think is wrong, people demand too many apologies,. and im sorry, but in was not offensive...

ok sir, i guess you have never watched "YOU'VE BEEN FRAMED"? yeh that should be banned. that shows slips of old grannies falling off tables at weddings etc.... but god thats so offensve. i hope that show gets banned after like over 10 years... lets always be politically correct

I was just trying to explain the difference as you couldn't see it. No I don't watch You've been framed.

zuberdust

Controversial threads...
I was just trying to explain the difference as you couldn't see it. No I don't watch You've been framed.

its a programme that comes on in the UK
and shows similar clips to what i posted with a commentary....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sL403o7xkM]YouTube - You've Been Framed Funniest Bits[/ame]

Carolyn

Controversial threads...

I'm not demanding an apology - you've got to be man enough to make your own mind up about that.

You say it was not offensive. To you may be not. To others, it definitely was. I can accept that you did not think it was wrong. But I can also see that others do find it was wrong. You should be grown up enough to apologise to those who may have been offended.

Next time maybe you should stop and think how others will react before making a potentially controversial post and if you decide to go ahead anyway, then be prepared to accept the consequences and don't grizzle when the grown-ups get cross!

zuberdust

Controversial threads...
you know i got a private message from a very popular poster here who said... dotn worry about it, if the same thread was made by one of 'the regulars' it would definalty have not gotten the same reaction as it did with me... and i couldnt agree more...:flame:

zuberdust

Controversial threads...
Whatever Z!!!!! You just seem to enjoy winding "us old 'uns up"!!!!!

not really, i just meant to lighten things up with a random thread, but ok i should realise different generations have different sense of humor... my fault. i showed it to my age group of people, and they found it funny.. they did not throw a tantrum over how offensive it was to them! lmao!

Controversial threads...
Well Z
I think a lot of us "regulars" are getting to the "irregular" stage as I now look at some of these threads and think to myself............
Debate and discussion are all very well but some of the very heavy rows and flack going about over the past year between members leaves me unconvinced that this forum is the right type to go along that route.
I have tried several forums and when they adopt this "giving it large" and "mudslinging" behaviour I just cant be assed anymore.

Arguments upset people who have problems with a particular subject and complete misunderstandings are common place now whereas I dont recall anything that upsetting or controversial when I first joined in 2005.
Perhaps its the way to go to attract new members but I am fast realising all I want is a quiet life and to frankly get on with everybody in a hassle free environment.
I guess age is making me a little old fashioned but I think sometimes I have just had enough of it!!
This regular said that and its the clique,s fault and he was told off but I wasnt!! yawn yawn yawn!!!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I am joining the "anything for a quiet life" clique and I suspect the membership is growing daily!!!

I appreciate you are young Zuberdust and have the passion of youth to argue,debate,throw a tantrum,scream at hypocrisy,join marches etc etc because I felt the same at your age but now at 62 I think...

"Who Cares?" and "Whatever?"

I aint going to bother with these type of threads anymore,whether on here or bloody Facebook!!

Talking about Tapu,s or insects or toilets or photography will do for me in future Lol
Nice and safe and boring haha!!

Last edited:

zuberdust

Controversial threads...
Well Z
I think a lot of us "regulars" are getting to the "irregular" stage as I now look at some of these threads and think to myself............
Debate and discussion are all very well but some of the very heavy rows and flack going about over the past year between members leaves me unconvinced that this forum is the right type to go along that route.
I have tried several forums and when they adopt this "giving it large" and "mudslinging" behaviour I just cant be assed anymore.

Arguments upset people who have problems with a particular subject and complete misunderstandings are common place now whereas I dont recall anything that upsetting or controversial when I first joined in 2005.
Perhaps its the way to go to attract new members but I am fast realising all I want is a quiet life and to frankly get on with everybody in a hassle free environment.
I guess age is making me a little old fashioned but I think sometimes I have just had enough of it!!
This regular said that and its the clique,s fault and he was told off but I wasnt!! yawn yawn yawn!!!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I am joining the "anything for a quiet life" clique and I suspect the membership is growing daily!!!

I appreciate you are young Zuberdust and have the passion of youth to argue,debate,throw a tantrum,scream at hypocrisy,join marches etc etc because I felt the same at your age but now at 62 I think...

"Who Cares?" and "Whatever?"

I aint going to bother with these type of threads anymore,whether on here or bloody Facebook!!

Talking about Tapu,s or insects or toilets or photography will do for me in future Lol
Nice and safe and boring haha!!

i like you....:w00t: nice post..... very very very true! x x x x x x

Peregrine

Controversial threads...

zuberdust

Controversial threads...
cant you just hear the haunting music from the X Files as you read this?

i know what we can do... lets play 'the glad game'
surley there is something you can be glad about me being here...

im glad that you like the xfiles theme!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom