ginap

condominium law ...I think !!!
Hi
Has anyone any info I could look at re condo laws ....I'm asking for a friend of mine who lives in the upper apartment and the builder still owns the ground floor. The roof is leaking loads every winter and she has decide to go ahead with repairs as she's not got anywhere with the builder since buying the place . She thought that the law was that both owners would be responsible for the cost of this so approached the owner/builder only to be told laws in Turkey are different and only she was responsible for payment of the new roof. Now I've tried searching and can't find any info for her. Is he puling a fast one or is he correct . Any info please preferably with documentation so she can confront him .

Thanks
Gina

Last edited:

carolk

R.I.P
Sorry Gina, I can not be of any help to you at the moment - I will try to find out.

Hi Gina

Because it's a freedhold unlike in uk where flats are leasehold, she owns her bit of the property, so she is responsible, that's my understanding.

Hope this helps.

Carol

ginap

Thanks all so far....I supose thats it then , unless anyone knows different !!!
Gina

jearden

Hi
Has anyone any info I could look at re condo laws ....I'm asking for a friend of mine who lives in the upper apartment and the builder still owns the ground floor. The roof is leaking loads every winter and she has decide to go ahead with repairs as she's not got anywhere with the builder since buying the place . She thought that the law was that both owners would be responsible for the cost of this so approached the owner/builder only to be told laws in Turkey are different and only she was responsible for payment of the new roof. Now I've tried searching and can't find any info for her. Is he puling a fast one or is he correct . Any info please preferably with documentation so she can confront him .

Thanks
Gina

The question to ask is who has rights to the roof space. If the downstairs owner has rights for such things as placing his air con units, satellite dishes etc; then he will also have responsibilities. Issues of this kind should be spelled out in the site management plan but rarely are.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom