Kanga

Concrete in Cennetkoy
More badly planned development for Datca in Kargi.
Where will all the waste water go, as if we dont know. The bay will inevitably be polluted and irrevocably spoilt. I just hope that the building doesn't cause erosion and landslides when it rains.

JBK44

Concrete in Cennetkoy
I understand from a friend that it has been purchased by a local businessman, with various interests in and around the town. This is one area which originally attracted my wife and I to the area, it is an absolute travesty.

enoch

Concrete in Cennetkoy
More badly planned development for Datca in Kargi.
Where will all the waste water go, as if we dont know. The bay will inevitably be polluted and irrevocably spoilt. I just hope that the building doesn't cause erosion and landslides when it rains.

Such a beautiful place what a wast. Its all bout the money.

Camden

Concrete in Cennetkoy

The people of Datça: Kargı Bay was sacrificed to the hotel to be built by the capital

Datça Kargı Bay was transferred to the Privatization Administration with the decision of the President. With this decision, a hotel, parking lot and facility can be built in the bay, which everyone can use for free. Datça people react to the situation.

15 April Thursday translation
Muğla Environmental Platform (MUÇEP) Datça Council made a statement about the desire to privatize the 128 decare area in Kargı Bay for a hotel or any other purpose. At the same time, the Datça Council, which opposes the renting of coastal parcels in Kızlanaltı Güllük Region, said, "We do not find it appropriate to democracy to change the fabric of Datça with unplanned unplanned interventions, without asking the local people, without obtaining the approval of local governments and / or their representatives." We talked about the developments in Datça with Sedat Kaya, Member of the Executive Board of MUÇEP Datça.

Kargı Bay is a very special place not only with its magnificent nature but also with its historical and cultural heritage. An area where the ancient city of Acanthus is located and the ancient Carian Way of at least 2000 years passes here. It is also the homeland of dozens of endemic plants. The place where Datça's song named “Pinar Wood in Kargı Creek” was born. Is it acceptable to allow the destruction of such a natural and cultural wealth with a concrete hotel and a car park?

Another attack on the Datça beaches is taking place in Gebekum. Gebekum is a 9-kilometer-long fossil beach that is millions of years old. It is one of the rare beaches in the world and many endemic plants live in it. Only 1.5 kilometers of this beach is under protection. They want to make it a tourism incentive area around it, and the lands in that area are rented by the Ministry of Environment to business people for tourism purposes.

In this struggle, the support of the people of the country is needed. We have to defend Datça as we defend the Kaz Mountains, Northern Forests, Salda Lake, Hevsel Gardens, Yırca Village, Istanbul facing destruction by the Canal project, and streams destroyed by HEPPs. Because indeed this beautiful peninsula is under heavy attack. The lowering of the status of many natural sites, especially Alavara, the sale of the Çeşmealtı olive grove, the acceptance of the Aydın-Muğla Integrated Coastal Areas Plan in which Datça is located, and the unlawful changes made in the Muğla-Denizli Environmental Order are examples of these attacks.

Datça Democracy Platform, City Defense, we say that; we will not stop defending our living spaces and the ecological balance of our region against these attacks. However, we know very well that this struggle is not only about Datça in a period where the ecological crisis created by this order, which considers not only the social benefit, but only the profitability of capital, threatens humanity at the global level and the life in the world in general. Defending Datça is a part of defending the future of humanity and natural life.

Datça Democracy Platform handy site

Yesterday
The people of Datça, who filled the Republic Square with the call of the Datça Democracy Platform at 13:00, showed that they are determined not to give way to those who covet Datça's nature and its bays with folk songs, foreign currency and banners.

The square was completely filled by the people of Datça, who act in accordance with the distance and mask rules, taking into account the pandemic conditions.

Don't touch my air, don't touch my water, don't touch my soil, don't touch my air, my water, my soil

Latest Posts

Top Bottom