GnD

Complexes Requiring Bunkers
There is apparently a new-ish law in Turkey requiring bunkers to be built on complexes - this is another how many per plot type of scenario.

Can anyone throw some light as to a web site with the rules upon, or even what these bunkers are for exactly. Logs? For War ? without a pointer cannot guess myself :p :confused:

cheers
Debbie

Harem

I've cliqued
Our blocks of apartments in Tasyaka had what we thought was a cellar for storage, but we were informed that it was, in fact, a shelter in case of war.

dalyansteve

You will find that new appartment blocks are required to have bomb shelters and all the ones I have seen have been partly uttilised as storage spaces and in one case a gym. Whether this is allowed or not , I don't know, I also don't know how many stories are required to have said bomb shelter built.
I think you will also find that most countries have some sort of rule like this, just in case.

Something we don,t know about ?
Is war imminent with somebody ?

Have you not noticed that Iran is being demonised and destabilised prior to 'regime change'? The international press is full of US sabre-rattling. It's been planned for a long, long time.

GnD

Our blocks of apartments in Tasyaka had what we thought was a cellar for storage, but we were informed that it was, in fact, a shelter in case of war.

How odd? But we are two plots of 8 and 4 individual properties so???? Anyway Thanks will verify with the plans at the Council on my next trip. In the meantime anyone got a link to a website for this?

butt007

Warren
I realise this may sound silly......but what is being refered to as bomb shelters could actually be earthquake shelters, I say this because we have 7 blocks and 4 are underneath(don't ask) and 3 behind, when I asked what these rooms were for I was told "They are earthquake shelters" I am told all aptm. blocks must have these by law.
You might ask "Well if there is a bad earthquake how do you get into the shelter in time" and my answer to that is.....Don't ask silly questions"
Warren

Reactions: GnD

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
I also don't know how many stories are required to have said bomb shelter built.

Our sitesi have two storey buildings in blocks of 4 Apartments, and also Detached Villas. I have not seen any said mentioned shelters. Maybe it's because we wouldn't have far to crumble to earth, and they are built to earthquake standards, hmmm, if an earthquake was to hit the area, it'd be best to be out of it.

Last edited:

alison09400

I live in a V-shaped block of 17 apartments (3 to each floor). Our complex was built 5 years ago. The way it's been built, the basement floor has 2 apartments ....what should have been the 3rd is underground and is our "shelter". It's being used as a sort of storage place for things we've no room for.

I'm presuming the other 2 blocks in the complex have a shelter too....but I don't know.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
When my Husband rang me tonight from Izmir ..he told me they are definatly Earthquake Shelters . But if your on the 6/7 floor how are you supposed to get underground so fast ????? Diane

GnD

But we are 12 houses and not apartments? Hey ho another mess we go!

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
When my Husband rang me tonight from Izmir ..he told me they are definatly Earthquake Shelters . But if your on the 6/7 floor how are you supposed to get underground so fast ????? Diane

In reality you wouldn't have time to think about it.

carolk

R.I.P

When I lived in an app I was told they were earthquake shelters but as Debbie says, what if you live in houses as I do now - where are the shelters?

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
OH Heck Carol i don't know !!!! But when i looked at a villa in calis beach there was a large hole under it . The seller told me i could keep my dogs in there !!! cos Turkish don't have dogs inside , Def the wrong way to sell me a house !!! AND she was English , my Husband told her it was for earthquakes not dogs .. so i then told her it wasn't big enough for us and the dogs we'd need a larger house with a larger bunker !!!! Shame i loved that place but pick on my dogs and I'm Worse than an Eathquake Honest
So you have to build one out the back if you want one i think ......Diane

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
cos Turkish don't have dogs inside , Def the wrong way to sell me a house !!!

Some Turks have their dogs live inside their house, our friends do, they're as soft as we are with them. We know some English who don't let their dogs live inside the house too, but, I'm the same, love me, love my Dog. A bunker for earthquakes and accommodating a dog too is a great idea.

alison09400

Not really sensible for an earthquake shelter....wouldn't the building above just collapse down on you while you're in the shelter? We're on the 5th floor so not too many stairs to go down, but what about the people in those 17 storey blocks in Izmir!! :confused:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Not really sensible for an earthquake shelter....wouldn't the building above just collapse down on you while you're in the shelter? We're on the 5th floor so not too many stairs to go down, but what about the people in those 17 storey blocks in Izmir!! :confused:

Oh No, I just couldn't, I have a fear of heights and anything over two storeys and that's me, whenever we went on a 'package' holiday I used to tell them Ground or First Floor please.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Well i've allways thought that too . Under ground with a mountain of rubble on top of you it dose seem a bit daft !!! You'd think there'd be comunial bunkers but then in the citys they'd get all the aptm's on the top too . Anyway what the heck if its meant to be it will be , When you die you get a headstone , when you die in an earthquake you get a 17 story building ....Not every one can say that !!!! ha ha ha , come on girls less gloom its nearly new year WE will Survive ......Diane

carolk

R.I.P
OH Heck Carol i don't know !!!! But when i looked at a villa in calis beach there was a large hole under it . The seller told me i could keep my dogs in there !!! cos Turkish don't have dogs inside , Def the wrong way to sell me a house !!! AND she was English , my Husband told her it was for earthquakes not dogs .. so i then told her it wasn't big enough for us and the dogs we'd need a larger house with a larger bunker !!!! Shame i loved that place but pick on my dogs and I'm Worse than an Eathquake Honest
So you have to build one out the back if you want one i think ......Diane

Thank you Diane lol. Would be the wrong way to sell me a house too, but as the oracle on bunkers where would I build one? Not my land at the back!! :heh:
Love me, love my dog!! :kiss:

I have also met many Turkish people who have their dogs inside and also feed lots of street animals. The guy who fitted my patio window locks today said they were his babies - his children and if anyone hurt them it would be the same as hurting him so heaven help them - a lovely man but, to my knowledge, no bunker in his house either! :eek:hwell:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom