sarah391

Complex update
We have just returned from a lovely week at Sunflower. Weather in the mid 30's and not too busy- no sunbed reserving!! There is a new owner running the bar - he has installed a large flat screen tv and says he has wireless internet. The gardens are looking good and the gardeners were there more or less the whole time we were there. The paintwork on the balconies is looking a bit flaky and is peeling in parts - I have e mailed Sevgi today and she says the painters are due there in a couple of weeks.

Walked down to the marina - looking very impressive now. Akbar supermarket has closed as has the bar that Valentines opened. Everest restaurant has moved next door to Pinnochios - we went on Thursday evening and hit the Thompson holidays stand up Bingo and Mr & Mrs!! Had great food in Big Bens as usual and also Roka -just down from Artis.

Can't wait to go back early July!!:Flower:

BryanPat

Complex update
Just to add to sarah's comments.

The bar is a big improvement, Yusuf the new owner is doing a sterling job.
Efes now 3.5 Lira (comparable with all the local bars), menu much the same as last years, but he is open to any suggestions / requests.
He also stays open till 11:30 pm (later if there are customers) and the
the residents are responding. I've never seen so many people using the place.

He is offering to provide welcome packs (I have his e-mail address if anyone
is interested) and also sandwich packs for Airport transfers.

I hope his efforts are rewarded with a bumper summer, he deserves it.

CathnPete

Complex update
Just to add to Sarah, Bryan and Pats' comments.....

Yusuf has given me some information to post for him i.e. Yunis is his younger brother who helps him behind the Uzman Bar etc., and Sabriye (lovely young lady who has a very handsome baby boy) is their cook. The meals are lovely and very reasonably priced and always served with a smile.

Yusuf is hoping to get a Nintendo Wii in time for the school holidays plus children's DVDs. There is now also a book/DVD/magazine exchange where you can exchange these also any up to date newspapers would be very welcome. The pool and table tennis tables are proving very popular. The downstairs area, including the gym and toilets, are being kept very clean which is good.

The Bar also provides a takeaway service, i.e. burgers, chips etc.

If you want to arrange for a welcome pack please contact Yusuf on yusufziyauzman@gmail.com. Sandwiches etc. can also be ordered from the Bar for your return journey.

I hope I haven't repeated Bryan and Pats' info. but if I have I apologise and can only blame too much sun!

Yusuf is especially looking forward to see Bryan again as his bar takings dropped drastically when he went home..........:roundgrin

We've had a brilliant time as usual at Sunflower and it was great to catch up with all our "old" friends (yes I know, I can talk!!) and meet new ones.

Anyway, hope everybody coming out to Sunflower this year have a great time and looking forward to coming back in September.

Love

Cath n Pete xx

BryanPat

Complex update
Thank you Cath

In my defence, I was led astray by Pete
(oh and John was a hard act to follow, but I did my best)

Unfortunately won't see you in September, but I fully expect you to
be doing lengths in that Pool next May

Martin C

Complex update
Great to here the bar is doing well and the prices are more reasonable now. We're coming out on Saturday for a week and are looking forward to seeing the place again.

CathnPete

Complex update
Me again!!

The weather is very hot now so Pete is having to drink lots of nice cool Efes so he doesnae dehydrate........well that's his excuse!! He was horrified to think that you felt led astray by him Bryan and promises not to do it again - well at least not for the first ten minutes! Shame we won't see you this September but you'll have a lovely time in August with the family.

It was 41 degrees about 1.00 p.m. today so very hot n getting hotter. The pool is lovely and getting lots of use as you can imagine.

Be nice to see Martyn and Wendy (it is Martyn n Wendy from Aberdeen isn't it?) on Saturday.

Anyway must go n check Pete hasnae dehydrated through lack of Efes.

Love

Cathi xx

puwer98

Complex update
It is a pity other complex bars don't make you welcome, with it being so quite here this year, 25% down on last year.

Complex update
We were out last week and it was hot to say the least (110 degrees on our balcony). It didnt help that we were unable to get around the pool for people reserving their beds. Residents as well as rentals were doing this - can we (and our guests) think of others? It is so frustrating to look out at 8.30am to find all the beds reserved only to find that people dont actually use the beds until after lunch. We mentioned this to Yusuf who agreed that this is unacceptable and recognises that having nobody around the pool also affects his takings. He has spoken to Izzet and he is thinking of putting up signs to say a bed can only be reserved for 1 hour then the towels will be removed. I think this is a good idea. Apart from that the complex was busy and looking good. Some painting has started on the perimeter walls. It is good to see Yusuf enthuiastic about his ideas for the bar and I hope it does well for him. We tried to use the bar every night before venturing out and if he was still open when we got back we would have at lest one drink but it was sad that we were the only people that week to do that. We should be encouraging others to use this facility if we expect it to survive. We'll be back in 7 weeks to see if things have changed (any hopefully a little cooler!)

sarah391

Complex update
I agree, the one hour rule seems a good idea - who would police it though? I think as well that there needs to be a few more sunbeds around the pool although I don't know who would buy them (Oracle via our maintenance payments maybe?? Although I can't really see that happening). There's 12 of us coming out a week tomorrow - can anyone reserve our sunbeds for us in advance this weekend??!!! I feel a lot of early mornings coming on.

:Wales:

Martyn

Complex update
I'm not part of this complex but last year I stayed on another complex and they all had their own clearly marked with their apartment numbers, I think four beds to an apartment. Some tried to use 'ours' and I just politely pointed out the markings. Might be an option. Seems to work there, you can also leave them out all the time.

sarah391

Complex update
That's a great idea. The only problem is that at the last count there were around 40 sunbeds and there are about 60+ apartments ! It always comes back to whether the managment company will buy more beds -which I can't see happening. I can see us having to carry our own beds up and down 48 steps and sticking a notice on so no-one else uses them. Hey Ho - at least we'll be going back lighter than when we came with all the exercise.

:47:

CathnPete

Complex update
Hi people,

I bought my own sunbed about two years ago and enjoy being able to sit on the balcony and read, surf the web etc. without distractions. I can't stand too much sun so nice to sit up there without hanging on for dear life to a parasol by the pool and risk taking off over the Altinkum rooftops......... tho maybe Pete might not agree, ha, ha!

Cathi xxx

lotus

Complex update
Hi all,

We came back on the 11th August and it is as bad as ever with the sun beds, and I am ashamed to say that I also started to reserved 2 sun beds. Because I was sick and tired of having no where to sit. I think there is only one parasol left out of all the one's that we used to have so I bought one of these as well. I also bought 2 sunbeds a couple of years ago but find it really difficult to keep bringing up and down.
I was so fed up on my day I again reserved a sunbed against my principles and when I went to use it someone had taken the towl of mine and moved the bed. So I have no idea who had done it. A few years ago we never had this problem when ever we went out everyone would take their towel of and leave the bed free. We don't rent our apartment out at all, but sometimes you have up to 6/8 in any apartment and if they reservethem beds that almost a quarter of your beds gone.
We do need more beds however if it went back to the old way I am sure we would not have all this trouble.
we work hard all year and I want tto sit round a pool that we help contribute to persnally as owners so it is frustrating.
But apart from that everything is great at the sunflower and we really enjoyed it ha ha I'm sure you could havetold.

Diane and Toney

CathnPete

Complex update
Hi Diane,

Sorry we haven't been able to meet up with you again this year as we probably won't be back till September now.

What a shame about the sunbed problem! It's a shame and I don't know how this could be sorted. Seems to be a problem only in July and August so doesnae bother us as we stay in the UK then but obviously you're tied to the school holidays Diane.

However, hope you had a good holiday and Devon managed to keep his head and the poolside tiles apart!!

Love,

Cathi xx

sarah391

Complex update
Just has Oracle's latest newsletter - they cover the issue of sunbeds (or lack of them). They say that they put the sunbeds in their new developments "as a gesture of goodwill" and they will not replace them when they break as it is up to the owners to supply their own.

Also they are starting to charge £5 per rental or £50 per year for people who have private rentals or who don't book transfers with them -because of security issues.

The good news is they plan to paint Sunflower at the end of the season. Hooray!

lotus

Complex update
Hi Cath,

We seem to miss you but I would love to come out in September but we have our house up for sale as well.
I lost my mum in May this year as you know she had cancer but she put up a hell of a fight for almost 3 years when they really didn't give her that long. So us and my dad are getting a place with an annex.
So stressfull times all round, but despite the sunbed thing we did have a lovely time. I just said to Toney I am going to laminate a couple of sheets of paper and next time I will put my beds down stairs for the week or 2 with my note not to touch.
Its times like this I wish I had of bought a different bright coloured sunbed to stand out ha ha.
Devon managed to stay on his feet all 2 weeks, but the amount of children running around by the pool my heart was in my mouth most of the time.
Maybe I will see you all September with a bit of luck or the win on the lottery.

See you soon
Diane xx

Top Bottom