ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Comment Boxes
This maybe should be in the geeky bit but it's a forum question so it's maybe alright here.

When you post a comment in one of these little boxes, is the comment box a standard size? This is hard to explain but I've noticed some posts with only a line or two of comment, yet the box is quite large with a lot of unused space in it.

When you want to include a quote with your reply however, the quote appears in a seperate little box within the main comment box, and it's just the right size for the quote.

I'm just wondering why the comment boxes can sometimes needlessly be so large perhaps using up more bandwidth than necessary?

I think I've even confused myself with that heheh

C

Martyn

Comment Boxes
I'm not sure I'm with you C on this but those sort of things are contained in the forum coding and from memory they are not easily adjustable. If you start playing with values you can 'break' the forum display. If it can be done it would be by Mushtaq as we only have access to moderators functionality.

PASH

Comment Boxes
I think i know what you said you were saying but now i am confused about what it was i think you were trying to say!! Hee heee

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Comment Boxes
It may be something to do with the amount of information shown directly under the member's username.

I've noticed that, if a member is a "Games Champion" for instance, and only posts a 1 liner, the comments box is mostly empty because of the amount of depth used in the left-hand column.

Is that what you mean ?

Last edited:

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Comment Boxes
That could well be the reason Alan. I just noticed it a few times and wondered.

C

Harem

I've cliqued
Comment Boxes
You can tell KKOB used to be a carpenter, can't you? He hit the nail right on the head!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom