Mushroom

Colin Pitchfork - Parole ???
This is the man who raped and murdered two 15 year old girls in the 80's and was the first person to be convicted by use of DNA, even though he tried to evade that one.
This man is now 61 years old and is in an open prison pending what he believes to be his release on parole sometime soon.
He has served 33 years and the parole board, made up of the usual wallies are obviously satisfied that for some reason he is fit to be released.
It is bad enough that he is in an open prison where he can literally walk out, with limited restrictions, and has been photographed in Bristol leaving a Bookies shop.
A paedophile described as a sadistic psychopath at the time was later regarded by the parole board as suitable for release as he had made 'progress' whilst in custody.

I think any 'progress' made would be due to the fact that whilst locked up he isn't likely to rape or murder any 15 year old girls. The same doesn't apply when in an open prison or if he gets parole.
I can only think as a father of two girls that if that bloke had done anything to ours, his trip to the bookies would have been to ask what the odds were of seeing the next few weeks alive now that his picture is published together with his current whereabouts and habits.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
One could argue he has served his time and should be entitled to a second chance.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
A difficult position , i tend to agree with the time served argument , but would be happier if those released whilst on lifetime license were compelled to be tagged permanently . Just an idea .
Steve

Mushroom

I don't have compassion for this man or others who have committed pre-meditated acts on children.
In the case of rape and murder, of two girls, he should never see freedom again and that is being lenient as swinging from a rope would be my number one choice.
Others may disagree.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
I don’t think his vile crimes ever merited release myself but we do have a system in place. Like every system, there are faults.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
What are the chances of him doing it again? He is 33 years older and he, of all people, must be aware that they have his DNA on file. I lived in Narborough up until about 1 year before the first murder, it was quite a shock to read about it later.

Mushroom

What are the chances of him doing it again? He is 33 years older and he, of all people, must be aware that they have his DNA on file. I lived in Narborough up until about 1 year before the first murder, it was quite a shock to read about it later.
If you find a media photo of him outside the bookies (DM). He looks like a fairly fit 61 year old to me. Still young enough to get up to all sorts. If he was 95, in a wheelchair and dribbling down his shirt that would be less of a risk !!
Until that time, he is a risk.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
If it had been my daughter, I'd have committed a crime just to get to him inside.
No amount of "reports" would've changed my mind on his release & I would imagine that's how the victims parents feel.
The problem is, does the parole board become unfit for purpose over such cases?
Left in any Governments hands and the bleedin hearts brigade would be on them like a rash.

shash

shash
I feel he should stay where he is for ever.
These types of crimes against young people are heinous. He likely would commit an offence again imo because it's not always to do with the testosterone its has a lot to do with the mind.
Let's also remember he committed one of his heinous crimes in front of his son.
I personally do not believe he or anyone with this mindset can change .
If he is released he will be watched almost round the clock and will probably be going to a safe house anyway all costing a lot more than keeping him inside where I think he belongs.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
In the usa they are moving away from whole life in order to offer inmates a light at the end etc. Lifers have nk reason to conform , some kill , maim , some instigate unrest and gang orientated obstruction , a chance of a future also helps to protect officers from violent attack , if a prisoner has nothing to lose , why conform .
Steve

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
In the usa they are moving away from whole life in order to offer inmates a light at the end etc. Lifers have nk reason to conform , some kill , maim , some instigate unrest and gang orientated obstruction , a chance of a future also helps to protect officers from violent attack , if a prisoner has nothing to lose , why conform .
Steve

I think you make a good point there Steve & that’s always been my take on it. On the other hand though, some just shouldn’t be released and this is one of those cases.
Two heartless murders of two young girls, the question is, just what type of crime has to be committed for the perpetrator never to be released?

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
So what is the cut-off, as to who should be released and who should not?
Ian Huntley jailed for 40 years for the Soham murders?

Mushroom

Steve
I find that with the states that still carry out the death penalty, they do not have to concern themselves with the future actions of inmates because they will not be there !!
So what is the cut-off, as to who should be released and who should not?
Ian Huntley jailed for 40 years for the Soham murders?
Pre-meditated murder of children should mean 'life' and not an easy one either. Personally, I still prefer the alternative sentence that saves the taxpayer a fortune and rids society of those it does not require.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Poor stefan , persecuted by the state , the judiciary , the police , and most of all the media , stefan would have hung , could they then have hung ronald castree , the man who committed the fould deed , whom the police deliberately protected in their zeal to convict a mentally retarded man that had the mentality and physical capabilities of a seven year old boy...

How dreadful for poor Lesley's family to have to endure being lied to , misled , and having to relive the horror for a second time .

String em up , not until the police and authorities can be trusted .
Steve

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
I cant see the death penalty ever coming back to the UK myself.
I think when a Judge dishes out mega sentences, they expect the person to die in jail.......as they should IMO.

Mushroom

We now have a Pakistani man who was convicted for grooming and rape in the Rochdale cover-up but served only half of an 8 year sentence arguing that he should not be deported back to Pakistan.
His main contention is that it was not that big a crime !!
He fathered a child to one of his victims, who was 13 at the time and despite being ordered to be deported two years ago he is still seen on the streets of Rochdale.
By the way, he was putting his argument forward that it would go against his Human Rights as he revoked his citizenship of Pakistan 3 years (saw that one coming) and it would render him stateless and spoke via a Translator.
We pay for all that.
He didn't obviously need a translator when he was raping the 13 year old white girl?
If he had done that around our way, stateless would be the least of his concerns.

Top Bottom