nelva

cock up with proccesing tapu
2 years ago i paid for a military check for my already bought property, a co-op, site. one and a half years ago the said co-op. sorted out all their legal work and the owners were given their tapus and habitation, someone somewhere cocked up my paperwork. put wrong villa nos. on said document. so as it stands i was told last autumn i had to pay out for another military check !!!! not happy as u can imagine. more money going out. i am the only person left with no tapu, all the brits here have got theirs.as i yes have been stubborn hoping that the officials at the co-op and the tapu office they used would get a new one issued. NOO. so my question is this: have the military checks been stopped ???? can i go back to the didim tapu office and get my tapu with all the co-op officials i.e. chairman, treasurer etc to sign. please somone who actually knows advise me.DESPERATE !!!! what is the situation, re: this. my documents are legal as far as my Solicitor and the co-op are concerned i do own my villa. but thinking of selling so need to know. many thanks.

Helenm150

bet you wish one and a half years ago that you had just paid for another military clearance - you would have had your tapu by now? This may sound harsh - but in light of what people have been through here in Turkey regarding chasing tapus and iskans - you should have just paid up and secured that vital document. At the moment, yes, from what has been reported on here - there is a temporary stop on military searches - presumably if you sell to a Turkish citizen this need not be an issue and they will be able to apply directly from the tapu office.

nelva

yes i was informed that the co-op would b sorting it. silly me !!!! so yes i know if i sell to a trkish citizen there would b no problem, but for peace of mind, i now need to swallow hard and pay again if i now have to and that is what is was going to do next week, but have been informed everything has been put on hold, re: new turkish propery laws, thats why i was posting my original question. i have lived here for 5 years and had to wait until one and a half years ago, so yes i was upset, as i was one of the first brits, who did the right thing and paid out for the military check before the co-op asked us to do it i already had min. so u see my grievance.

Helenm150

being stubborn and sticking to your British principles doesn't work here - as I know to my cost - but we live and learn - I don't think you have anything to worry about .......... good luck with your sale x

carolk

R.I.P
Even though its on hold for now I believe you will still have to pay for a MC one way or another, they will not give up that revenue whether its to the Army, Tapu Office or for the map. A change in the law doesnt always mean no cost!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom