babsy

Club Alla Turca
Hi everyone, new to the Forum so here goes. My hubby and I have been to Icmeler for the past 5 visits to Turkey and we are both ready for a change. We both like the idea of a short transfer and Dalayan is looking favourite for 10 days from Sept 28th 09. Club Alla Turca looks really nice but any advice would be appreciated. Is it as good as it looks? location? hotel condition etc? We usually go for apartments so any recommendations would be great. Thanks. Babs

PDM

Club Alla Turca
Hi babsy,
We used Club Alla Turca many times when we was buying our villa in Dalaman, lovely hotel and friendly staff, located a little way out of the main part of Dalyan center, but we always had a car so it was ideal for us. It is possible to walk from the hotel into town center. Dalyan is a lovely place to stay with Turtle beach and the boat tours to the mud baths. Lovely market on saturday mornings. Im sure you will get a lot more info from members that actually stay in Dalyan. KAUNOS TOURS in Dalyan Turkey | Everything you need for your stay in Dalyan |
Happy Holidays.

Last edited:

babsy

Club Alla Turca
Thanks for your replies. Would you recommend B&B or half board?or is part of the holiday trying different restaurants in the town. Are there any shops at all around these hotels or is it as quiet as it looks? Thanks for any help

ZiaCa'

Club Alla Turca
Welcome to the Forum Babsy.

I've never stayed at Club Alla Turca, so unfortunately I can't comment on it. As PDM says, it is located little out of the centre, but only about a 15 minute walk, bearing in mind that the summer is very hot here, that could be a long 15 minutes!

My friends stayed at the Dalyan Resort and were impressed. It's on the river with fantastic views of the Tombs, still a little way out of the centre.

Hotels that are not in the middle of Dalyan will usually have a shuttle to take you to and fro.

Hope you and family have a lovely holiday here wherever you stay!

babsy

Club Alla Turca
Thanks for your replies everyone. Still undecided where to go but no panic at this stage as October shouldnt be too busy, correct me if i am wrong.
Carla, temperatures should be bearable in October so 15 min walk to centre should be quite nice? Would you recommend being in the centre for our 1st visit to Dalyan? Final question, when we go to Icmeler we take sterling and exchange in supermarkets for best rates, is it best to do the same in Dalyan?
Thanks again everyone for the replies. Babs

Club Alla Turca
hi we stayed in Dalyan last October,while looking for property in Dalaman, the weather was lovely and warm in the day but I would reccomend an extra layer for the evening. We agree Dalyan a lovely place... ENJOY

Club Alla Turca
The Keskin and I think Alla Turca have a shuttle service into town, it is a lovely walk along the river footpath from both these Hotels a bit quieter than walking with the traffic. It doesn't cost much to get a taxi back. There are no shops around the Hotels just little supermarkets, small shops in town but you can get most things you need, it is pleasant to walk through the main street no one pestering you to go into their shop or resteraunt. A lovely place to have a holiday.

ZiaCa'

Club Alla Turca
Thanks for your replies everyone. Still undecided where to go but no panic at this stage as October shouldnt be too busy, correct me if i am wrong.
Carla, temperatures should be bearable in October so 15 min walk to centre should be quite nice? Would you recommend being in the centre for our 1st visit to Dalyan? Final question, when we go to Icmeler we take sterling and exchange in supermarkets for best rates, is it best to do the same in Dalyan?
Thanks again everyone for the replies. Babs

Hi Babs,

Sorry, I missed the dates of your holiday! I'd prefer not to be slap bang in the middle of town. Club Alla Turca is a little out of the centre, but it's certainly not out in the sticks. The walk is a nice one, particularly if you take the riverside walkway.
You'll get a better rate changing money in Turkey - sorry I don't know about changing in supermarkets here in Dalyan.

babsy

Club Alla Turca
Once again, thank you everybody for your replies. Carol, sorry, what is PTT? i'm probably being very stupid I know!!

richbake

Club Alla Turca
I can recommend the Ala Turca as I and my late wife used to stay there before buying here. The recent refurbishment is very good and is more 4 star than 3. The family who run it are lovely people and great fun. Regarding the Dalyan Resort I have heard mixed reports along the lines that the staff are surly and the rooms are v small. These things are very individual of course and you pay your money and take your choice. The restaurants in Dalyan run from the OK to the crap i.e they are terrified to get away from the ubiquitous chips, rice and red cabbage with everything-yawn.

sophie turkey

Club Alla Turca
hi, i live in the mu─čla area and often visit dalyan. i have been to the alla turca and it is lovely. its also staffed by very kind people who helped a lady take care of a stray dog and later find a local dog-santuary to care for it. and the hotel has a wonderful location, i think you will love it. hope you enjoy yourself.

RichnKim

We've Made It!
Club Alla Turca
Club alla Turca is very nice our family stayed there last year and enjoyed it very much.
There is a large pool which is a great centre piece and the room are clean and fresh looking.
They have a great breakfast and dining area.
October is great temperature although as mentioned evenings can be chilly.
The walk is great along the river path very shaded and scenic - this 15 minute
walk is a pleasure to do.
We think it is good to stay further out of town and it gives you a great excuse for a nice walk.
In our opinion the best place to change money up is the bank.
Hope this helps you.

Richnkim

Latest Posts

Top Bottom