Tess

Clocks will go back 1 hour on Sunday 25 Ocotober
I'm going to a 'No longer 39' Birthday Party tonight, need to be up sharpish in the morning, so happy days an hour longer either at the party or bed, any way a winner LOL!!!- brill !!!!

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Extra hour in bed - yippee -- hope my dogs will understand LOL

Clocks going back?

OK, you may laugh, but it sounds like the clocks will go back in Turkey as well judging by the comments made of you people who live there. I was sure that we were the only country to mess about with clocks so, do they or don't they please?

i could never remember which spring or autumn goes back or forward ...
now i have just been told you can think of spring forward fall back .. so its back tonight

Bibby

Ferretbrain
Re: Clocks going back?

Yes they do. But, as I understand it, this is the last year they will do so. But this has been said before.....

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious

Nope, me thinks the whole of Europe will be joining us too, we're all going to be on Greenwich meantime, is that right, anyone.......................................care to post more.

It always makes me smile when I remember that Peter Kay sketch, when he rings home whilst out of the country and asks "what time is it there then", argghhhh I need my sleep, lol.

İ think they are still making their mind up .(in Turkey)

Last edited:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
i could never remember which spring or autumn goes back or forward ...
now i have just been told you can think of spring forward fall back .. so its back tonight

Quite right Shirley, "Spring forward, Autumn falls back"

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Just to confirm that clocks go back 1 hour in Turkey at 3am on Sunday 25th October 2009.

The question of whether or not Turkey will continue with daylight saving has been deferred until late 2010. That means that in 2010 we will again "Spring Forward and Fall Backwards" 1 hour in line with Europe.

There has also been talk of just "springing forward" 30 minutes in 2011, but it's unlikely because of the disruption that this may cause in being even further out of sync with Europe.

Last edited:
Glad I saw this thread as I thought it was next week, I wonder if we would have noticed if we had been an hour wrong for a week, as it's Turkey probably not!!

Sue

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
The UK goes 1 hour back at 2 a.m and Turkey goes back at 3 a.m, what time will it be in Turkey at 2 a.m? I'm going off to compare the meerkats.com, SIMPLES!!!

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Not changed them since last year. Never look at the things.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom