Squeaky

Climate change
Good morning,

Sometimes people are accused of being cynical but how does one NOT develop a cynical outlook towards debates/claims about "climate change" when one learns that the chairman of what is supposedly the senior organization investigating and advising on the subject is "on the take"?

There is fundamental uncertainty in climate change, science tsar says
Science tsar John Beddington calls for honesty on climate change - Times Online

"The impact of global warming has been exaggerated by some scientists and there is an urgent need for more honest disclosure of the uncertainty of predictions about the rate of climate change, according to the Government’s chief scientific adviser.

John Beddington was speaking to The Times in the wake of an admission by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) that it grossly overstated the rate at which Himalayan glaciers were receding."

UN climate chief admits mistake on Himalayan glaciers warning
UN climate chief admits mistake on Himalayan glaciers warning - Times Online

“It emerged last week that the prediction was based not on a consensus among climate change experts but on a media interview with a single Indian glaciologist in 1999 (Who just happened to work for the same Institute as the UN Chief). That scientist, Syed Hasnain, has now told The Times that he never made such a specific forecast in his interview with the New Scientist magazine.

“I have not made any prediction on date as I am not an astrologer but I did say they were shrinking fast,” he said. “I have never written 2035 in any of my research papers or reports.” Professor Hasnain works for The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) in Delhi, which is headed by Rajendra Pachauri, head of the climate change panel.

UN climate chief Rajendra Pachauri 'got grants through bogus claims
UN climate chief Rajendra Pachauri 'got grants through bogus claims' - Times Online

The chairman of the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), has used bogus claims that Himalayan glaciers were melting to win grants worth hundreds of thousands of pounds.
Rajendra Pachauri's Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), based in New Delhi, was awarded up to £310,000 by the Carnegie Corporation of New York and the lion's share of a £2.5m EU grant funded by European taxpayers.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
In an interview with The Sunday Times he said his only income came from his salary at TERI. However TERI does not publish his salary and he refused to divulge it.

Is there anyone that can be trusted?

Cheers

Squeaky

ted j

Climate change
In one word Squeaky, NO . Not where there are grants, or salaries to be had. I posted this a while back..Originally Posted by Neil_Gumusluk
makes you wonder what else they are lying about ...

Probably everything Neil. Many years ago, we went out for the night with my aunt and uncle. they had friends staying, who came along we all had a good night and I got on with Paul, my uncle's friend like a house on fire. He worked for the government, something to do with weather predictions. After my aunt and uncle both passed away, we were going through all the old photos and bits of paper when I came across Paul's number. "Climate change" (or whatever fancy name they had for it then), was just emerging, so I called him and asked him if it was true. turns out, he had indeed developed part of a weather predicting program for the government. One day, he got called into his boss's office and was told to either go along with the establishment's views on it,and say man had something to do with it, or take a golden handshake. He took the handshake, saying he wouldn't tell the public a load of lies. (he also took a good part of his progam with him and now makes a lot of money just very accurateley betting on the weather in any given location) . He knows it's a load of bunkum, and I know who I'd rather believe, the guy who actually invented most of the stuff they use now.

Last edited:

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Climate change
I agree but isn't this happeneing considerably faster then normal. Iceages take thousands of years, it appears we will lose ours in less then a hundred or so. All the other ice ages were before man had a chance to polute the entire enviroment and damage the ozone layer.....these are something that are not in the normal makeup of the worlds history of climate change. No doubt some of it in B.S. but with the rapid changes we are witnessing I can't believe we are not responsible for a considerable part of these changes.

Bob

Climate change
Don't have to believe or not believe. Can find out.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini_ice_age]Little Ice Age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age]Ice age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Latest Posts

Top Bottom