tiiegil

Clarification of hab and update pretty please!
Hello, I have loads of questions, so apologies for length of post,

We are due to go out to our villa in a couple of weeks, the villa is on a site of 10 detached villas all with own pools and one of them. So would they be classed individually ? we have parcel no 7, on our Tapu (Irtafaki).

Also we are going to take out the:

passport photos x 2
Dask x 2
Original contract done at the notary
Tax numbers
Tapu Irtafaki

reading all info on here, we were originally not going to use our builder to get the hab but have just read an e-mail from him that says it will cost approx 3600TL to get the hab is this reasonable ? He e-mailed us to say it was ready, so does he need to go with us? we do not wish to upset him as the peple in the belediye even rang him to say we were there when we popped in last time to check our Tapu. which we think he did not like.

Or should I go with a lady who has set up services to help with this and also has a well reputed general house service buisness, and charges I think around 10% of the costs has her fee .

If we did either would we also need another translator as they both speak Turkish anyway?

I take it after the hab say costing the 3600 Tl we then get the Tapu with the correct cross and an estimate cost of 130TL to change it, anyone else able to confirm if this seems what we should expect to pay.

We would like to get the ball rolling before we go out and get our land mesaured before we go out there if I ask someone to get this done for us is that ok? and do they mark the boundaries in any way?Again anyone know approx cost for this.

After hopefully getting this we can then apply to tedas for electric? but I do remember him saying that we can only do that when everyone has there hab cert is this correct?

Where we are the villas are a mix of nationalites some we have never seen, there is no management company or anything else come to that. We have also never paid anything other than our builders electric.Apart from the origanla contract and 600 YTL for the first Tapu.

Wonder if your not all bored by now if there is anything else we should be doing or advice you can give, as we are only there for 2 weeks and would love to try and get it sorted !

Many thanks for your patience and any hlpe given.(you can see were keen to get it done!:dance:)

tiiegil

Thanks for that, what do you estimate the costs to be if I may ask?

bobthenob

Non Active Member
You can do this yourself by going to the council office to see if the habitation has been issued.
That should cost 100ytl for the copy.
The tapu is priced at paying the taxes.
And it must be Kat Multiyeti,which means ownership.Nothing else should be accepted.
Can someone correct me here if l am wrong.When purchasing a property and waiting for the tapu that states Kat Multiyeti as ownership is yours and should not have have a separate charge to the building.
The only payment to make on the tapu if the taxes are at 3%[l think they are] is the taxes only.So if a building costs 60,000pds then the taxes to pay will be 1,800pds and that ‘s it,,nothing else to pay.
But the price of what is written on the tapu is taken as the price to be taxed,which is a lot less then the price of the building.lf it states 30,000ytl on the tapu then the tax would be something like 800ytl to pay[excuse my maths].
lf your property is 60,000pds and states that price on the tapu should cost you [Kat Multiyeti only] 1,800pds + 100ytl for the hab +40 pds for the translater[optional] so all together should not cost you more then 1,900pds..say an average of 2,000pds.
But if the price on the tapu states less then 60,000pds,that's the price taken to pay for the taxes to gain your tapu.Say 30,000pds then that will be 900pds.
l'm sure someone will come along stating the correct tax percentage to pay

lf they are asking for more then that.Seek out legal advice with a lawyer that can be trusted.There is one on here called Celtic.l am sure he will be happy to help you.
Builders do have a bad habit of avoiding the taxes and can be investigated by going to the tax office to find out.But,that is your choice.

Last edited:

val2661

I've been quoted 14,000 TL by my builder to get my Habitation Licence. This consists of
4,600 TL for extras (I've not had extras)
5,700 TL for payment of Insurance contributions for workforce on the villa
2,000 Euros to the Architect to sign off the necessary paperwork.

I cannot get this Habitation Licence direct from the Belideye because the builder has not paid any taxes. I do hope you are luckier than I am at the moment.

Val

bobthenob

Non Active Member
I've been quoted 14,000 TL by my builder to get my Habitation Licence. This consists of

I cannot get this Habitation Licence direct from the Belideye because the builder has not paid any taxes. I do hope you are luckier than I am at the moment.

Val

l would have him investigated.Why should you shoulder his problems he created.He knew what he was doing was wrong and should be dealt with accordingly.
That is just taking the pee

carolk

R.I.P

Val

Hi Val, have you thought of taking him to court and/or reporting him to the tax office?

tiiegil

You can do this yourself by going to the council office to see if the habitation has been issued.
That should cost 100ytl for the copy.
The tapu is priced at paying the taxes.
And it must be Kat Multiyeti,which means ownership.Nothing else should be accepted.
Can someone correct me here if l am wrong.When purchasing a property and waiting for the tapu that states Kat Multiyeti as ownership is yours and should not have have a separate charge to the building.
The only payment to make on the tapu if the taxes are at 3%[l think they are] is the taxes only.So if a building costs 60,000pds then the taxes to pay will be 1,800pds and that ‘s it,,nothing else to pay.
But the price of what is written on the tapu is taken as the price to be taxed,which is a lot less then the price of the building.lf it states 30,000ytl on the tapu then the tax would be something like 800ytl to pay[excuse my maths].
lf your property is 60,000pds and states that price on the tapu should cost you [Kat Multiyeti only] 1,800pds + 100ytl for the hab +40 pds for the translater[optional] so all together should not cost you more then 1,900pds..say an average of 2,000pds.
But if the price on the tapu states less then 60,000pds,that's the price taken to pay for the taxes to gain your tapu.Say 30,000pds then that will be 900pds.
l'm sure someone will come along stating the correct tax percentage to pay

lf they are asking for more then that.Seek out legal advice with a lawyer that can be trusted.There is one on here called Celtic.l am sure he will be happy to help you.
Builders do have a bad habit of avoiding the taxes and can be investigated by going to the tax office to find out.But,that is your choice.

Thank you very much for your info, could not see button to thank you :confused:, our Tapu (Irtafaki) as 17,000 TL on it, and we paid £77K so obvoulsy when w ecome to sell one day we will end up paying the extra I take it?. We just want to ge tthe hab and corrct Tapu to get the rest sorted so am hoping armed with your reply and the res ti ahve read on here it is going to cost us around about 2,000 tl as opposed to 3600 as orginally quoted.

panther

This is what I believe not 100% sure for hab. cert. The builder has to apply for hab. cert. this consists of workers taxes!!!!! A lot of builders avoid putting the hab. cert. on because of this expense. If the builder has paid his workers taxes and the buildings license is on - which lasts 5 years ,one should inevitably go to the council and get a copy for 5tl.

I'm in this position and the 5 years has expired. The builder has no money to pay for iskan (hab. cert.) Although it is his responsibility. It looks like there maybe something in the new law which will be easier to get the hab. cert. in Sept/Oct regarding this. (Not sure). It looks like all in our block have to be prepared to pay money to buy our hab. cert. individually on square meterage and pay to put buildings license on.

Last edited:

tiiegil

Hi again,
I have just received an e-mail from someone who is trying to help us saying 'In the moment the law of having all houses valued, has been stopped. It is not cancelled' has anyone else heard this? and if this is the case is this going to stop us getting our Hab cert and Tapu Mulkiyeti (soz about the spelling of this) we are in Foca about 50 miles from Izmir, any help will be much appreciated.

alfiescott

alfiescott
Hi,

We have an apartment over in Kiyislasic (Iasos) across from Gulluk Bay, we have many issues with our builder, when applying for our habitation certificate can any of your members advise is it Gulluk Belidiye of Milas that we would go to?? Also can anyone recommend a decent maintenance company in this area. Much obliged if anyone can help as we feel we are banging our head against a brick wall!!!!

Tess

Sorry to jump in on this thread, this was covered when I was on holiday and I missed it. Sorry about that. On her thread Panther mentions 5 years ??? What does this mean Angela -Panther or anyone else who knows!! Does it expire after 5years ??? If so what are the implications of this, can anyone advise please, many thanks in anticipation folks.

carolk

R.I.P
Hi Sharon, yes the building license expires after 5 years, this means the Hab Cert has to be applied for again and its not cheap!!! The builders who haven't paid their taxes and workers insurance (SKK) owe that money and clearly some wont pay it. Which ever way you look at it, it has to be paid before one can be issued. This is leading to some builders holding their clients to ransom for it, dividing what they owe by X amount of apps or villas.

I can only repeat, we know of nothing that is going to change this in the near future. :mad2:

Tess

Thanks Carol so much, I fear you have clarified what I thought, Ransom being the operative word !!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom