Saoirse

Claps but no cash for carers
Can some of our forum Tories just clear this one up for me- when the applause for health workers demos were held- was it claps instead of cash?

Is Johnson so ludicrously out of touch that hes offering those who saved his bloated privileged neck- 50p a day rise in recognition of their heroics in the pandemic???

enoch

Can some of our forum Tories just clear this one up for me- when the applause for health workers demos were held- was it claps instead of cash?

Is Johnson so ludicrously out of touch that hes offering those who saved his bloated privileged neck- 50p a day rise in recognition of their heroics in the pandemic???
Peace of shit. I have to say, and when I was at home I voted for the Tories

Last edited:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Boris is trying to set up a 10 downing st charity , to pay for all of his out of pocket expenses . The £200,000 , and £12,500 shopping bill Carrie has spent on furnishing , decorating and dining he has been told he must pay as it did not need to be done , he is asking his personal backer such as JC Bamford and chums to help out . The onsite cheg at Downing St obviously was not suitable enough to cater to their grand tastes .
Steve

Mushroom

It now turns out, according to Sky news, that a 2.1% pay rise (still crap) had been agreed for the forthcoming year 2021/22 as far back as 2018 and enshrined in a formal act of parliament -The NHS funding act 2020.
As this was pre-pandemic, it really should have been increased of late, not reduced.
There is much talk of industrial action by the unions. It won't happen as it's not in the nature of the Nurses and other healthcare workers, and the government know this.
The argument is that we as a nation are skint.
My proposal to save £100 billion is to scrap HS2.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
It now turns out, according to Sky news, that a 2.1% pay rise (still crap) had been agreed for the forthcoming year 2021/22 as far back as 2018 and enshrined in a formal act of parliament -The NHS funding act 2020.
As this was pre-pandemic, it really should have been increased of late, not reduced.
There is much talk of industrial action by the unions. It won't happen as it's not in the nature of the Nurses and other healthcare workers, and the government know this.
The argument is that we as a nation are skint.
My proposal to save £100 billion is to scrap HS2.
Or Trident
trident.jpg

Last edited:
This will save them a bit of the debt:

Budget 2021: Covid deaths set to cut state pension cost.​

The amount the government has to spend on state pensions will fall by £1.5bn by 2022, partly because of over-65s dying of Covid, forecasts suggest.​

The government will also receive an extra £0.9bn from inheritance tax, partly due to Covid-related deaths.

Source.

Kanga

Don't forget that all the benefits of living in No 10 as the PM are taxed as a 'benefit in kind'; they are not freebies. That includes the use of Chequers too. Wife/partner gets nothing but abuse which is non-taxable.

Hilsjw

All doctors and consultants are very well paid (I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't be) many of them do lucrative private work too. So, my idea would be to increase the salaries of nurses, porters, cleaners, kitchen staff etc. Bring back all those workers in house and not use agency cleaners/nurses etc unless absolutely necessary. Also nursing trainees should not pay "university fees" but instead go back to the old days, when tuition was free and they worked many hours on the job, in the wards under the supervision of a senior nurse - used to be Matron in the good old days !

Bramidan

Why is this a great surprise, much hilarity and cheering when Tories successfully voted down a pay rise for nurses and Hunt took on Junior Doctors.
What did you expect when the two faced slimy hypocritical bast..ds were seen clapping for their NHS heroes?
All those who voted for them, own it.

Mushroom

Someone recently questioned the state of morale in the NHS and its fair to say it is currently at rock bottom. Taking pay aside for the moment.
At the Mid Yorks trust where the boss works, guidance from above a few years ago and still current now, it that all annual leave should be taken in a shared model in each of the four financial seasons, in other words 1/4 of their leave from April-June, 1/4 in July-September etc but bearing in mind the automated computer system monitors leave for each department and in the event one person takes off just one day on a given week, due to shortages, someone within the same department could not take a week off but just the remaining 6 days.
The idea of being actually advised when you should take off each 1/4 of your allowance was not popular but understood as the circumstances dictated that otherwise in summer it would be chaos.
Due to the pandemic, last year 2020 it was requested by the staff that their annual leave, which resulted in people taking much needed time off, but to go nowhere due to restrictions, might have some tolerance and perhaps a week might be carried over into the year 2021-2022. The resounding answer was NO.
As morale falls, sickness rates rise and agency staff end up costing the job more than ever.
A certain hospital in the Grimsby area contacted the boss through a forum she is on, to advertise for a Locum Sonographer to cover the entire month of March this year. Monday to Friday, 9 til 5 and offering £50 per hour.
She is on her 'seasonal' annual leave in the last week of March, which means she breaks no rules for working elsewhere, unlike throwing a sickie, which she never does.
Being the tight Yorkshireman, I pointed out that, it was only an hour's travel each way on a quiet motorway and it was a steady day/week for the money. She opted for the week off instead. There's no work in them !!
But, that is where the funding is now going in large amounts. and if they could realise that the troops are already going the 'extra mile' but with no support and do something about it, then add to it a sensible pay rise, they could alleviate a lot of localised problems which soon add up to a National one.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom