jimskem

Clampdown on MPs expenses
Telegraph online today have a story about Bernard Jenkins, M.P. for Essex North.
He has been requested to repay £63,250.
The sum includes £50,000 he paid his sister-in-law for renting her farmhouse. The other few bob is believed to be for housekeeping and suchlike.
Martyin's Times online link very interesting, especially comments made by readers.

DAVIDO

i am so sad to read this , how will they manage.and im sure that goes for thousands of other people not.lol

davido

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
The bottom line is they still consider themselves underpaid: they look upon the Euro MPs with envy at their Gravy Train excesses.

I am sure that any reduction will be balanced out with a huge pay rise. We will be told it will be a once-only re-balancing exercise to iron out anomalies - like we were told the last time they conducted the same exercise to link their pay to senior cıvil servants.

Ian

Last edited:

ted j

Yes,Jimskem, Martyn's link , and the replies were interesting. I particularly like this one (not!) "I have sympathy for MP's 'bleating'.
Would anyone here think that it was acceptable for their employer to demand their expense payments back when they'd followed the rules when claiming them?
Some have clearly cheated, and they should resign, but others are being ritually, and unfairly, humiliated for sport" --What, you mean like FOXES WERE

Last edited:

jcrian

A lot of MP's have said that they will be standing down at the next general election because of the 'shake up' of expenses.

Just goes to prove that they were in the job for the money and perks.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
If one of them could put back the Great into Great Britain again he / she should be paid Trebble !!! cos it will take a miricle worker to get this country back on its feet ...Diane

jimskem

Tony Mcnulty M.P. for Harrow East and former Home Office Minister,has been ordered to repay
£13,837 in second home allowances that he had received.
He actually claimed £72,000 between 2002 and 2008, but has been allowed to keep the rest, almost £60,000.
Although he has a house in Hammersmith worth £900,000, he was claiming second home allowance for a house in Harrow, where his parents live.
He today told a B.B.C. reporter that it is time to move on.
Also he pointed out he would have difficulty repaying the money.

jcrian

Strange how Tony Blair managed to be the only MP to have no record of his expense receipts as they were all shredded

I wonder why??

hijo

in my own clique
..the thing is the will pay back these expenses ,then probably get another chunky payrise ...or cream of from the companies that most of them are directors of ..with a nice big bonus....especially around xmas..tough at the top eh..:noidea:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom