cigarette stealth tax?????
cigarette rip off tax?????

Could any 1 please tell me if thıs ıs true ı was talkın to a frıend yesterday who was tryıng to tell me a frıend of hers has saıd the rulıng AK party plan a stealth tax on cigarettes ın the comıng months makın the cheapest pack to around 8 lıra up to the regıon 12 lıra ıt ıs the 1st ı have heard and fınd ıt hard to belıeve but who knows maybe 1 of u knows somethın about thıs?

Last edited:
so wıll the wages be goın up ınlıne wıth that too then!!!!!!!!
thıs government ıs a real paın when ıs the next electıon??????

PASH

I am shocked, i quite often buy our site gardener a packet or two of cigs called Samson? they were 3.5ytl last week when i bought him a couple of packs, how can they justify 8-10YTL a pack, there will be riots in the streets, he is on such a low pay and always has a cig dangling from his lips. Poor chap, even his simple pleasures are going to be beyond his means soon

I guess thıs ıs the fault of europenan access tryın to come ın to lıne further!!!!!
but ı do feel ıt ıs goın a bıt too far as was the law ı saw passed the other day on the tv sayın market traders are no longer allowed to shout prıces on the markets as ıt ıs to be of european standard!!!!!! A WORLD GONE MAD

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
It´s hardly stealth. The government are making an effort to get the population off the weed - nothing to do with EU. Turkey has one of the worst records of early death and serious health problems associated with smoking, anything they do is to be applauded.

Ian

then possıbly the answer would be to make sure cıgarettes are not been sold to chıldren when the legal age ıs 18 many a tıme ı see 5-6 year olds buyıng cıgarettes be ıt for parents or not and often the person sellın them ıs a chıld behınd the counter maybe adressıng thıs problem mıght help?????

It´s hardly stealth. The government are making an effort to get the population off the weed - nothing to do with EU. Turkey has one of the worst records of early death and serious health problems associated with smoking, anything they do is to be applauded.

Ian

Angela Stansfield

Non Active Member
It´s hardly stealth. The government are making an effort to get the population off the weed

Hasnt worked in the UK has it?

M

Mack

Ian

But surely Ian what you choose to put in your body is your own business and nothing to do with your government?

I could imagine the uproar on this forum if Efes suddenly tripled in price! (for your own protection from the potentially serious health problems of course).

The black market in "the weed" is booming here at 3.5 TL a packet, imagine the profits for the crooks (and the increase in health problems if they hit 10 TL a packet!) Covert or Overt prohibition never works.

Last edited:

Manda

I can't seem to find any information on this on the internet, where did the info come from?

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Michael, you are on a different argument now. You raised the issue of stealth tax, and I was making the point about why the government were doing this and that they had made no secret of their intent i.e. it was not being done with stealth, but right out in the open.

Ian

Speaking as a recently (8 Month) converted ex-puffer - Why not just ban the manufacture and sale of tobacco products and make them available on prescription.

I can`t see any other solution (and I`d just love a ciggy).

yes but ı as poıntın out about the poınt about young people havıng smokıng ıllnesses whıch ıs why ıt ıs been supported maybe ıf they couldnt buy them tıll been 18 ınstead of 6 thıs problem of young people havın such hıgh rates of smokıng related ıllnesses they have trıed thıs ın the uk and people jus carry on smokın ıt wıll ıncrease the ıdea of contrband here and lead to productıon of fake cıgarettes whıch are not monıtored.

And back to the other post where some 1 commented on the prıce of efes ıncreasıng treble ı am sure you would all be rallyın on here about that!!!!!! well ıt wılll come next nothıng surer

Michael, you are on a different argument now. You raised the issue of stealth tax, and I was making the point about why the government were doing this and that they had made no secret of their intent i.e. it was not being done with stealth, but right out in the open.

Ian

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Raising the price of Efes would not have me out protesting - I have probably had 12 bottles this year.
I was reading a report recently by the tobacco industry who cynically target countries that they believe they can exploit, and make no secret of it. These are the real criminals, masquerading as legitimate buınesses while they know full well the outcomes they are subjecting their customers to.

Ian

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
But surely Ian what you choose to put in your body is your own business and nothing to do with your government?

I could imagine the uproar on this forum if Efes suddenly tripled in price! (for your own protection from the potentially serious health problems of course).

The black market in "the weed" is booming here at 3.5 TL a packet, imagine the profits for the crooks (and the increase in health problems if they hit 10 TL a packet!) Covert or Overt prohibition never works.

Efes tripling in price would be horrendous. Fags tripling in price, who cares, quadruple the prices.

Angela Stansfield

Non Active Member
Well being a non drinker, I think they should dish it out evenly amongst fags and booze. Better way of raking in the revenue! There are far more that cant go without the old nectar!

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Well being a non drinker, I think they should dish it out evenly amongst fags and booze. Better way of raking in the revenue! There are far more that cant go without the old nectar!

Thats me !

cvcegdge

well i'll believe the price is going up to 'help' smokers give up, when they use the extra cash to provide FREE nicotine replacement therapy. Smoking is an addiction after all. All vastly increased prices will do is make smokers poorer - and since the majority of smokers are in the low earning bracket, I think that is quite cruel.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom