Useful Information

oldfogy

Just passing through
Christodolo poorly (AKA Duke)

David Christodolo

posted 10 hrs ago

Today I visited my dad & it was a shock to be truthful as he looks & is very unwell. He is being fed via feeding tube & can’t drink due to choking. He was aware of me but was mostly sleeping. I couldn’t understand him unfortunately but his therapist said he managed some sentences in the morning. He has a very long way to go but agreed with me before I left he would not give up. Thank you for the lovely messages. Luckily I am able to access his phone now

Last edited:

oldfogy

Just passing through
My dad is not very well today as he now has aspiration pneumonia. They have cleared his airways this morning & he is on antibiotics but is not conscious. On a positive note his feeding tube stayed in over night. I'm just glad he isn't aware of how poorly he is. I was lucky that the medic who called took time to talk me through everything & asked about my dad's wishes.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Posted yesterday.

20h
·

"Today's update is my dad took out his feeding tube again. The medical staff decided he didnt have capacity to make that decision so have decided to put a feeding tube bridle which is harder to disconnect. They are also putting mittens on my dad to make it more difficult to tamper with his tubes. He is on intravenous BP medication to ensure his BP stays low. I couldn't get through this morning as usual but did speak to a medic this afternoon which was great. Until the feeding regime is in place he will remain in UHW rather than coming to UHL near me. Otherwise no other changes. My cousin Jason's fabulous wife managed to pay a visit to speak to the nurses to get an update but didn't visit dad as he wouldn't know who she is at this point. So basically no change as such but nothing bad to report.
Unfortunately we had another family emergency yesterday with my uncle being very unwell. so today I have been trying to help with anything I could do to make life easier for my cousin Ceri.
Life is quite challenging at the moment so apologies if I don't reply to messages straight away."

oldfogy

Just passing through
Today's update re my Dad. He is off his oxygen & they have started his nutrition again via feeding tube. One more tiny step forward. If he keeps the feeding tube in place after a few days of being stable the therapists will start to work with him re introducing tiny amounts and of fluids. Still not stable enough to move to Llandough.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Brilliant news this morning dad is being transferred to the Stroke Rehab unit in Llandough which is literally up the road from me. I won't get to visit today I'm guessing & will have to start the whole process again but I'm OK with that atm. Tiny steps & I feel this is a big one for him.

tulip

So sorry to hear this sad news,condolences to all his family and friends.
Tulip

Top Bottom