Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
Christmas Crackers and Cards
It's that time of the year again and Sally's Hand-Made Christmas Cards and Crackers are already selling well from the office here.

Anyone passing by is welcome to come in and have a look. Sally's also made D.I.Y. Christmas Cracker Kits this year for you to put your own Crackers together should you wish.
These packs contain 4 Crackers with embellishments and ribbons, bangers, jokes and paper hats. You just need to add your own gift!

This coming Saturday, I'll put a few pictures on the thread. :49:

garcia

Sally's crackers are beautiful and well worth buying. Also, personalised christmas cards are something very special and the only one of its kind they'll ever get! That's what I like about Sally's cards, they are totally individual and tailor made which makes it very special for the recipient! Go and have a butchers and you won't be disappointed, I can assure you of that if you've never seen them before!

Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
A few pictures as promised :3:

These pic's show just a sample from the Cards and Crackers that I have for sale from the office. All cards are supplied with envelopes ready to be addressed and put in the post so that hopefully, friends and family worldwide receive them in plenty of time for Christmas.

Attachments

• 20191108_160149.jpg
    20191108_160149.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 20191108_155456.jpg
    20191108_155456.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 20191108_154837.jpg
    20191108_154837.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20191108_154033.jpg
    20191108_154033.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 61

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
I agree with you Garcia - Sally's cards are too good to be true sometimes - especially the personalised ones. She is currently making me one for a friend of mine who has just moved from Side to Isparta and I attached photos of each place for her to include on the Good Luck In Your New Job card. Give her a few days notice to do the work though. She is a very busy lady, especially at this time of year coming up to Christmas.

For those who don't know where Kale Emlak is ... go to the corner where Moda Leder is opposite the one and only Chinese Restaurant and go up that main street. Just after Hanay Suite Hotel you will see racks of English books for sale outside. That's Kale Emlak. The books are 5 TL each or free if you exchange them for an English book of your own. The proceeds go towards neutering the street cats and helping the sick ones back to health again. It is next door to a very good butcher and men's hairdresser too.

Ann is English but has lived in Turkey for over 20 years, so is fluent in both Turkish and English. Cengis - pronounced Jenn-Giss - is the owner now of Kale Emlak. He's a lovely guy who speaks excellent English, although he is a Turk through and through. They have excellent properties for sale as well if you have an interest in purchasing in Side?

x Angela x

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
Those are great photos Ann... well done! The only negative I can say is that all the Turkish envelopes do not stick and you will need to use your own glue or sticky-tape to secure them. Not Sally or Ann's fault ... just the way things are ... that's why I bring envelopes from England to Turkey... Angela x

garcia

Hi Angela, in reading your post, I don't think the books are free, even if you take one back otherwise they wouldn't be able to raise funds for the street animals. Even though you take a book in and you want another, they are still 5 lira to get another one. It's really important to the fund raising for the animals and as the Tesco slogan says, "every little bit helps"!

Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
I'm putting this on here because our street-cats have been mentioned.

The cat that had a litter on the grounds of The Hanay Suit Hotel next door has just brought 3 of her youngsters up to the office for lunch. The hotel is now closed for the winter, no buffet, no tit-bits from holidaymakers so I guess we are the nearest place that their mum knew they would get a meal.

They were very hungry and after our 'Handsombe Boy' with 3 legs that many of our Side residents know allowed them to get near the food, they all settled in to fill their little bellies.
They'll be about 8 weeks old now. One is a tipical little tabby and the other two are grey and white. All really cute, healthy but too young to be sterilised as yet.
If there's anyone out there that's maybe recently just lost a well-loved pet or anyone else willing to home one of these babes, please PM me or call by the office.
It's a fair bet they'll be here each day for breakfast, lunch and dinner because these cats soon get to know they we offer 'All inclusive'. Help!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom