hijo

in my own clique
Chinese / Indian
Hi Guys I am driving through to Didim / Altingkum tomorrow ,staying at the Temple hotel ..is there any Chinese / Indian Restaurants open at this time of year...also anything going on tomorrow night ,quiz,s ,darts etc ..TIA..

ted j

Chinese / Indian
There are quite a few Chinese in Altinkum, not sure which are still open over winter
Golden Dragon... 0256 813 6963
My China ....... 0256 813 1239 or 0544 821 0312
Rositas Dragon house ..... 0537 347 1869
Secret Spice ..... 0256 813 6503

Caspers bar, marina road is having a big re-opening tomorrow night with Mick and Nick (Take Two) singing .... 0543 965 8411, but book early as it'll be packed (they also do a decent fillet steak)
Not sure if Topkapi on the front has anything on, you could try ringing Ergin on .... 0256 813 7197

hijo

in my own clique
Chinese / Indian
...... Thanks for the advice ..most places closed..ended up in (My China) hot & sour soup,sweet and sour chicken ,beef & black bean sauce,pancake roll..nothing to write home about .it was a back street dingy place,..saying that the missus enjoyed it ..no taste..lol..also fish & chips today at the Toy restaurant..on the front ..weather scorching people sunbathing and a few swimmers out there..we will pay another visit soon ..

ted j

Chinese / Indian
Next time if you want fish and chips , try Billy's place "Moby Dick's" down the street just to the right of the Golf bar (about 100 yds down on the right )
They use a Norweigian fish called (I think) Staite, it's the nearest thing to cod available here and honestly (because it's the cod family) tastes almost exactly the same and the portions are not stingy

If you like a fantastic fillet , during the summer months , Unsal at Martinos (formerly the Lush bar/restaurant) literally cannot be beaten really nice clean place , set back partly behind the Fenner restaurant on the boulevard , left hand side going up

On a different note, we ended up going with friends to the Soke outlet today , loads of shops , did a bit of shopping BUT then ended up in Burger King ......what a disgusting pile of sh1te the "burger" is .....never again , just as bad as Macdonalds

hijo

in my own clique
Chinese / Indian
I agree jakebeak. My first thought when I read the post was, why?

Don,t shoot the Messenger..lol it's for my Missus ,I have lived here about 11 years have tried all the Turkish food I could suffer I find it bland...appart from a pide or lamuccan..and that I can make myself now..we just like to go for long drives and try something different.last week Didim next week perhaps Turgetreis..following week Cyprus......don,t like being stuck in one place to
long:eyeye:

Kalkanite

Kalkanite
Chinese / Indian
Sorry hijo. Didn't mean to appear rude! We eat all different cuisines when here in Turkey, which I cook myself. I just don't order them when we eat out.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom